1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The power of Philbin

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RickyNeverInhaled, Oct 7, 2012.

1. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    We keep getting better and the Packers keep getting worse. Anyone else notice that?
    We have the same record now but there's no doubt that we are better than our record and we keep improving! I can't tell you much about the Packers except their 2-3 record. I have to believe the Packers would be 4-1 or 5-0 if they still had Philbin. thoughts?

2. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Why do you have to believe that? I think Philbin is a good coach. I think we have a staff full of good coaches. I hope we can continue to stack talent and give Philbin and Co. more pieces to move around the board.

However, let's not overreact. First this post, then the playoffs one? Let's all enjoy the win and hopefully the team keeps improving.

Pandarilla likes this.
  3. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!

Good luck convincing others of that, but I agree.

4. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Unfortunately it's really hard to say how much impact his leaving had on their staff. However I feel safe saying I like his impact on our team.

5. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    It's been said earlier in the season. It would probably need to be later in the season or the end of it Before its actually justifiable... But thus far.. correlation is a possibility methinks

6. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    I like Philbbin alot i do think as he gets experience e will get better at managing game

7. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    I would of had to be a Packers fan to justify what I am saying to know how that offense was ran in the past and compare it to how its run now.
    I just love his attention to detail. At times I wish Philbin was calling the plays here but I feel confident that he addresses bad play calls every week and we will see a lot less of that as the season goes on. So far I see Philbin make changes that I like every week. I wanted to see more Javorski and more Reggie in the passing game and that's what happened.

8. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    There are some people really talking down about shermans playcalling. Overall I'm pretty Damn happy with it... Only call that I was pretty pissed about was the little shovel pass to reggie on third and long or something that got destroyed.

9. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Philbin was the best hire out of all the available coaches, including Fisher, even though hes doing a real good job in St Louis. We are better then 2-3 team. I think we will show it in the upcoming weeks. We need to be able to close out games.

10. Hellion

Hellion Crash Club Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Here and there
    Over all i like the play calling but I didnt like the 4-1 call, i agreed going for it i just didnt agree with the call. And i hated the 53 yard FG attempt. Up 17-6 your struggling kicker cant make anything over 45 yards and you leave the Bengals in great field position, boom TD. I know all the arguements that go with the FG attempt and i wouldnt disagree if Carp was kicking better, but he isnt, pooch punt and try and pinn them deep. Make them drive the length of the field.

11. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Because they nearly went undefeated last year. They lost a game late in the season and lost in the playoffs. Big difference this year and the only thing that's changed that I am aware of is no Philbin.

12. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Yeah.. really coulda gone either way... But that was kinda meh

13. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Overall I am happy with the play calling but negatives stick out more than positives usually and anger is a stronger more vocal emotion! lol.
    I didn't like the shovel pass on 3rd and long when we we backed up near the endzone. didn't like the long field goal as opposed to a pooch punt, and didnmt like the pass play that gave the bengals almost 2 minutes to try to beat us. That last play was more on the player and I understand it was a safe pass that gave us a chance for a much needed 1st down but he needs to realize how critical the clock is when it comes to winning and losing close games. And the last 2 previous games should of had more running plays to give Carpenter a better chance. But thats just a few plays out of a lot of good plays, but they are arguable the most critical plays in close games! But thats why i said at times I wish Philbin was calling plays. But its just a few times and I believe Philbin chews him out for that.

14. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    I like Philbin but I can't write off the Pack or even believe we have achieved their level yet.Yes the Green Bay has not been dominant but Miami is still learning to win consistantly.So I guess they are both 2-3 with 11 more games to prove who they are.

15. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    In 2002, The pats went 9-7 after winning the superbowl. It happens.

16. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Hiring Philbin looks to be a big feather in Ireland's cap.

17. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    My point is that their record would be better with Philbin and ours would be worse without Philbin and the close losses we had wouldn't have been close losses IMO

18. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

Make no mistake about it. Mr. Ross hired Philbin and Ireland had nothing to do with it. He only has a job if Joe Philbin says so.

19. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    This is based on what? What evidence do you have that Philbin was all Ross?

20. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    lol… really that is all I can say…

21. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    This is a parity league.The worst team in the league is only a couple of turnovers or breaks from beating the best teams . Its the mojo or energy that counts .The Packers have lost it .Teams are gunning for them and bringing their best mojo to the game to beat them.

This game is very cyclical .What turns around goes around .I am just waiting for the Dolphins mojo to come around .I think we are close .We are at least on the right side of the cycle.On the upswing.

22. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!

I'm laughing full in the face of this remark.

23. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Keep in mind Green Bay got screwed twice by the refs.

24. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    I didn't know about the 2nd one. Either way, they were a team last year and several years that played in such a way that a bad call from a ref didn't affect the outcome of a game. They are totally different now.

25. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I couldn't be more thrilled with the offensive coaching. And Kevin Coyle's squad played their *** off today.

26. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    I'm not sure how that would be hard convince unless you're an extreme pessimist, when we got back to back OT losses and then a win. We were a small handful of plays from our record being 4-1.

Only the Texans have handled us with ease so far and they are probably the best team in the league right now.