1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Pickens Plan...energy solutions?

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by cnc66, Jul 11, 2008.

1. DeDolfan

DeDolfan Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach
    I know, I saw that formula. That's why I said you'd still only see the top portion of it anyway.i know I said half, but didn't equate that out exactly. Anyway, it wouldn't be any different than looking out and seeing oil platforms out there. ;)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
    gafinfan and cnc66 like this.
  2. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    :hi5:

3. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    Those windmills are an incredibly impressive sight. I would definitely rather see them in the far distance, than an oil rig in the foreground. :yes: And talk about a fantastic navigation beacon...........wow!

DeDolfan likes this.
  4. DeDolfan

DeDolfan Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach
    Oh I agree! or even a windmill in the foreground than a rig far off! :lol:
    One of the "problems" detractors have is the safety for the birds. These mills will never spin at the speed of an airplane propeller. if so, they'd literally fly apart. Also, the windfarm slated for our area is 12 miles off the coast and the reason for that is so it doesn't interfere with the shipping channels. One lane from the south comes in within that 12 mile area to head up the Delaware Bay while the other comes in pretty much from the east.

5. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member