1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The P90X Thread

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by MonstBlitz, Mar 2, 2011.

1. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Thanks again for the info. One more question - How is the diet they want you to follow in terms of cost, prep-time, taste etc?

2. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    No problem!

I think the diet is ok...it does take more time to get the food together and it is a bit more expensive because it's whole foods and stuff like that. You eat 5 meals a day, and the have a BMR equation for you to follow to determine your caloric intake. I'm kind of a slim dude (6' 160lbs) and the equation comes out to about 2900 calories a day for me. I felt like that was just a bit much as I really had to force food, so I'm at about 2500 per day (or just a bit under). Hope this helps!

The food is good, they give you pretty decent options. There is steak and potatoes, that kind of stuff. And you can kinda figure out your own stuff along the way. They follow a 40/40/20 ratio (40% carbs, 40% proteins, and 20% fats) pretty much the whole diet. P90x had that ratio move around every 3 months.
    I like the 40/40/20 personally. It seems pretty balanced and easy to maintain. If I want to gain some more weight with P90x (which I'll be doing again after Insanity) I'll probably keep the ratio and just up my calories to about 3000.

MonstBlitz likes this.
  3. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Paleo diet is all you need.....

4. RonD

RonD New Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Paleo Diet is one of the best.

5. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Stumbled upon this thread and had to reply to this. You're so wrong it's not even close to funny. Both posts on pg. 1 are full of BS bro science.

#1. In order to gain weight, you must eat a calorie surplus. In order to lose weight, you must eat at a deficit. Scientific Facts. Not disputable. 3500 cals is the equivalent to 1 lbs. So, if someone were to create a deficit of 500cals per day (known as calories in and calories out), they will lose 1 lbs a week. It's important to eat the right number of macros (protein, carbs, and fat) with any workout routine. Rule of thumb is 1g of protein per lean body mass. .45-1g of fat per lbs (unless you're fat, then do .45-1g per lbm)) and fill the rest of the deficit with carbs.

#2. Carbs are not bad and can be eaten at any time of the day. Eating before bed is fine too (whether its carbs or otherwise). Anyone who says different doesn't know **** about nutrition or the human body. Carbs do not make you fat nor will they stall fat loss. Not simple, not complex, nothing. Eating too many cals makes you fat, period. Cals in vs. Cals out.

You've lost weight because you're 100% eating a deficit. No more, no less.

The only diet that is best, is the one where you eat enough protein, fats, and carbs, based on your current weight/LBM.