1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The official playoff thread

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by Fin-Omenal, Dec 6, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    We all know there is controversy over "who" should play who and who is playing the best right now. Im gonna pretend there is a playoff taking the conference champs from the BCS conferences and the other remaining and show you how 'I' think it would play out. I would have a poll but I think the winner would be obvious round here.

FIRST RD MATCHUPS

#1 Oklahoma vs. #8 Cincinnati

#2 Florida vs. #7 Virginia tech

#3 Texas vs. # 6 Utah

#4 USC vs. #5 Penn State

..I think the top 4 teams are heads and above the rest of their opponents, I cant see a single upset with these matchups.

Who is your top 8?? Who is your final four?? It gets tricky when you matchup the top 4 teams so Im gonna marinate on it for a while then decide.

2. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    oklahoma vs florida=florida goes to championship

usc vs texas=usc goes to championshiop

florida wins championship

Skeet84 likes this.
  3. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Texas would beat USC IMO.

Florida is going to throttle Oklahoma.

Skeet84 likes this.
  4. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Yea, Oklahoma chokes even worse than OSU in bowl games so kind of hard to argue against that. Texas can score with anyone in my opinion, hopefully Oklahoma shows up for a bowl game because if so they have a good shot.

5. my 2 cents

my 2 cents Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    NC Mountains
    I disagree. Reminds me of the Nebraska-UF Fiesta Bowl when everyone thought it would be a close game. OU matches up well, big physical OL (hell their weak link is a potential 1r pick), safety net of a very good TE, good ST's, 2 very good DT's and has hung up 60 in what...6 straight.... and their only weakness is pass defense. I think the key is who can generate a pass rush. UF can be run on and no one has because they have compressed the LOS with their safeties and rushed the hell out of a very very marginal group of SEC QB's.......the only QB's of any competence they faced where Snead and Stafford and the UGa game got away early from UGA. When UF played base match ups before the run of average QB's they saw their poor tackling and average pass defense showed.

I call OU by 14.

6. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    To prevent acting on emotion Im not picking the winners of my final four just yet.

Football is a game of variables. But if I was vegas and if I were to set a line for my final four it would look like this.

#1 Oklahoma -3 over #4 USC

#2 Florida -6 over #3 Texas

7. dmarinorules

dmarinorules New Member

Aug 31, 2008
    Play in Game for 8th spot

Utah v.s. Boise State Winner - Utah

#1 Florida v.s. #8 Utah Winner - Florida

#2 Oklahoma v.s. #7Cincinnati Winner - Oklahoma

#3 Texas v.s. #6 Penn State Winner - Texas

#4 Alabama v.s. #5 USC Winner - Alabama

#1 Florida v.s. #4 Alabama Winner - Florida