1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** THE Official Miami Dolphins vs Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread***

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by The_Dark_Knight, Oct 12, 2017.

1. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Miami Dolphins (2-2) vs Atlanta Falcons (3-1)

Sunday October 15, 2017; 1:00 PM ET
    Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA
    Aired on CBS

Line: Atlanta by 9

The Dolphins lead the series against the Falcons 8-4 all time. The last time the two teams met in the regular season was September 22, 2013. Miami edged the Falcons 27-23 in Miami. The Dolphins have not defeated the Falcons in Atlanta since September 1980.

Injuries
    Miami:
    DeVante Parker (ankle) did not practice on Wednesday
    Jordan Phillips (ankle), Xavien Howard (shoulder), Mike Pouncy (hip), Jay Ajayi (knee) full practice
    Terrance Fede (shoulder), Byron Maxwell (foot) limited practice.

Atlanta:
    Matt Bryant (back), Mohammad Sanu (hamstring), Justin Hardy (illness) and Courtney Upshaw (knee/ankle) did not practice.
    Vic Beasley Jr (hamstring), Julio Jones (hip) limited practice
    Ricardo Allen (concussion), Ryan Schraeder (concussion), Terrance Ward (neck/shoulder) full practice.

Offensive rankings
    Atlanta:
    Passing Yards: 7th, 277.3 ypg
    Rushing Yards: 8th, 125.8 ypg
    Total Offense: 4th, 403 ypg

Miami:
    Passing Yards: 30th, 176.5 ypg
    Rushing Yards: 31st, 74.8 ypg
    Total offense: 32nd, 251.3 ypg

Defensive rankings
    Atlanta:
    Yards per game: 10th, 318.3
    Passing: 17th, 225.3 ypg
    Rushing: 11th, 93 ypg
    Total Defense, 4th

Miami:
    Yards per game: 8th, 309.5 ypg
    Passing: 22nd, 234 ypg
    Rushing: 4th, 75.5 ypg
    Total defense, 2nd

(Dirty Landry, if you're going to do an OFFICIAL gameday thread you have to do the legwork otherwise, there's nothing official about it)

2. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    this is not official. I did one already

Bpk likes this.
  3. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Nappy Roots and Bpk like this.
  4. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I must have missed the memo...why does someone get so bent if someone else makes the "official" game day thread?

5. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Someone recently asked, "what's happened to this site?". Well once upon a time, the official game day threads were opened a few days at most prior to the actual game and was filled with all the information anyone needed about the match-up. Now I don't know what happened between then and now, but game day threads are started at 6am on a Monday morning with no information, no background, no nothing at all, just ranting.

I just think it's high time that quality returns. I just would have thought folks would appreciate the research that went into creating this particular thread.

Perhaps I was wrong.

6. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    No worries, yours can be the Senior Official Dolphin vs Falcon Game Day Assistant Thread....

cuchulainn likes this.
  7. cuchulainn

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    C'mon now... "Special Assistant"

8. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Is there an unofficial game thread?

Also, it's funny to argue about what constitutes a real gameday thread when technically, it would have to be a thread on the day of the game. Unless Thursday night games, by another team qualify as 'a' gameday as opposed to 'our' gameday.

It's all rather confusing.

cuchulainn likes this.
  9. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I love how someone says a thread isn't official as its been done already. As if someone somehow got anointed by the site to start the "official" thread. Only their keyboard entering characters on the forum makes it "official".

Ooooohhhhhhh, aaaaahhhhhh.

Is this really that important? Are hero cookies handed out?

No one officially cares who starts it.

10. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Is that your official opinion on the matter?

resnor likes this.
  11. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    I think opinions can be registered by replying or not replying to the thread you find most to your liking. Much as I've done here.

12. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    What are everyone's thoughts on our secondary against Atlanta's high powered passing attack?

13. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    As I stated in the opening post, I truly believe our defense will hold Atlanta relatively in check the first half but if our offense continues going 3 and out, the defense is going to get exhausted and that's when Atlanta will light it up.

14. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    You think Tankersly will be able to hold up that long as a rookie, without Atlanta's veteran receivers schooling him some?

15. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I think the defensive front will put enough pressure on Ryan the first half that there won't be that GREAT of pressure on Tankersly to be the do all, be all DB. After the first half though....if we keep going 3 and out though, that defensive line is gong to fatigue and Ryan's going to have lots of time to find receivers.

Puka-head likes this.
  16. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I appreciate this thread. I liked your first post. I was simply questioning why one particular person starts a Gameday thread a week early, and complains if someone else starts the Gameday thread.

17. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    I'm going to duplicate my posts for each one of the gameday threads.

TotoreMexico, cbrad and resnor like this.
  18. rackhound

rackhound Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    miamisburg ohio
    I think they will be fine. If they can keep the saints from airing it out they can do the same to the falcons....If our offense doesn't play better we will loose this game regardless.

Fin D likes this.
  19. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Officially I have no official opinion on the official nature of this thread.

Fin D likes this.
  20. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I am not so sure. I am curious how Nate Allen fares in this game.

21. Puka-head

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    I watched the Guinea hens last two games, I think we have a good chance.

Their strength, running the ball is going up against what would appear to be our D strength, and our secondary is pretty good too. Other than Whoolio down by the schoolyard they got nothin to sweat. Reshad is going to show everyone which Jones needs keepin up with. And they can't stop the run. Time for 4 yds and a cloud of dust. Get Drake involved early.

And I think our OL is going to be playing to get that bad taste out of their throat, I see 150 yds rushing and 300 passing for three TDs.

Its illogical as heck, but I'm calling it 24-21 or maybe 21-17 us in a dominant defensive performance.

djphinfan likes this.
  22. cuchulainn

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Then, like Key, you better hope the Defense scores two or three times. lol...

23. Puka-head

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    They won't need to score, just win the field position battle and get off the field. But I've got a feling we'll get at least one score from the D. What I meant by "keeping up with he Joneses" Reshad played a little pissed off last game. That's when hes at his best.

I hated the idea of Cutler over Moore, still do, but there is a learning curve involved in every new task. They have figured out every way to NOT play good Offense so far. First full week of practice this week. How many of us realize that??? This was the first week they got a full week of practice.

I think Atlanta by the end of the third Q are standing around, hands on hips goin "who the flip are THESE MALAFALA"S???"

24. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    me likey

Puka-head likes this.
  25. Triggercut

Triggercut Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Had a dream, Gase finally unleashes the A-11 offense on the NFL and it is incredible.

26. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Don't know who the Mods are......

Another thing I appreciate about here...

Freer speech with less power tripping by the folks running the joint. Like old times with the realization that we can handle conflicting statements, because we are adults (mostly) without breaking down and needing a "Safe Zone"....Unlike the other once popular Forum whos Mods have turned into control freaks...and not really a haven anymore...

But anywho, was going to suggest if applicable just "Merge" the numerous similar threads into one... problem solved....
    Can't you guys do that ?

27. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Injury update...

Miami:
    Parker (ankle) doubtful, Maxwell (foot) questionable

Atlanta:
    Sanu (hamstring) Upshaw (ankle) Grace (hamstring) out, Bryant (back) questionable

With two significant defensive injuries in Upshaw and Grace may be the kink in Atlanta's defensive armor that could indeed help provide a gap for Ajayi to finally start getting the train out of the depot. Although Sanu isn't the WR star that his counterpart Julio Jones is, the loss of a talented receiver for Matt Ryan could also indeed provide some unwanted pressure on Matty Ice and set the conditions for turnovers for Miami's defense, which will be crucile for Miami's inept offense.

Fin D likes this.
  28. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    props to Dark Knight, it's about time someone stepped up, took out the trash, and cooked us a nice meal.

I have a good feeling. I think the offense makes strides today. The defense already contained the Saints and has gotten stronger since. The crazy thing is that we'll have to score 3 tds to win, when we've scored 3 in 4 games. Hopefully this game resembles the first one vs Pittsburgh last year. I'm getting that vibe! This defense can make a huge statement !

The_Dark_Knight and Fin D like this.
  29. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    caroo is starting.

30. Triggercut

Triggercut Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Hope he takes advantage of the opportunity, but not expecting it.

31. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I think merging the threads is madness. This one is the way it is supposed to be done and had been done for years.

32. SocaCasualuk

SocaCasualuk Active Member

Sep 21, 2014
    U.K.
    Yep Parker out.

33. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    The interesting item that stands out to me in this article is Devonta Freeman. In Atlanta's lone loss to Buffalo, the Bills shut Freeman down. Our defense have been madmen on the field shutting down the run. Could this be the defensive formula needed to ground the Falcons?

34. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Thanks, I appreciate it!

35. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I think we can hold Freeman, but the passing game scares me.

36. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Teams have played conservative offense, since our own offense isn't moving the ball or scoring points. I think the run defense is legit, but if the Falcons open things up, the pass defense gets a REAL test.

37. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Maryland
    stream anyone?

38. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    That is my fear as well. I wouldn't have that fear if Thill hadn't of been injured.

39. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Wow, haven't been around much this week, but seems like this place is falling apart... :lol: What's going on with all these stupid threads. Madness.

40. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Not too bad, to hold them to a FG. The real question, as it has been all season, is can OUR offense move the ball?