1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 'Batman 3' Thread

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Ray Finkle, Jul 15, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    The stills they have shown of Batman fighting Bane, seem to show Bane from behind, so they could be using camera work to make him look bigger.

My other issue is with his outfit. He is wear what looks like a painters respirator. it looks ridiculous.

2. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Remember Nolan is trying to make these films as realistic as possible so I'd be willing to bet that there's a specific reason as to why the mask looks the way it does and I'm sure it has some type of function(s), I don't think it's there simply to keep his identity a secret.

As for the stills, those are fan photos taken during filiming not from Warner Brothers so what you're seeing isn't the finished product.

Maybe it's just me but Nolan has earned my trust with the last to films so I can't get too worked up over pictures of Bane or the Catwoman. I remember people being upset seeing The Joker stills and being mad he had longer hair and he was wearing make up instead of his skin being dye white. To each his own though.

unifiedtheory, Section126 and SICK like this.
  3. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
  4. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Uh oh....seems that leaked stills of Anne Hathaway's "Catwoman" isn't sitting too well with many.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I do think she's a poor choice to play catwoman, but without context of seeing her in the movie, all just ridiculous speculation that she is a poor choice. Have to wait and see what Nolan does with her.

6. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    We haven't even seen her perform in any footage, yet people are complaining about her as to where or not she's right for the part. Hasn't Nolan earned our trust yet? There's obviously a good reason as to why she's wearing what she's wearing and it's not just because that's her look in the comics. People were complaining in the first picture that was released because she didn't have cat ears, well it turns out she actually does since when the googles are up they look like them. Now people are mad because the costume looks like a Halloween costume. My advice is to just sit back and wait and see the movie first. I think after 2 amazing Batman films (as well as his other films he made) Nolan should be given the benefit of doubt.

7. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    this. I remember people getting pissed off when they heard Heath Ledger was the joker... Look how that turned out

SICK and Pagan like this.
  8. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    She's, She's......DEAD?????????

:cry::cry:

TiP54, SICK, Ray Finkle and 2 others like this.
  9. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    I don't understand why they just had to go to THAT well. It's always been campy, cheesy and only once has it been pulled off with the grace and vulnerability of the original character, and that was with Michelle Pfeiffer in the role. And she still had to camp it up a bit.

It's more a testament to our ADHD-addled times that we can't just have one super-villain anymore...no, that just won't hold the average Michael Bay-inured fool's focus. It has to be an ensemble every time.

10. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    The Dark Knight had both The Joker and Two Face and it was pulled off very well. I understand the concern with tons of villains could lead to a messy movie like Spiderman 3 but if Catwoman is in the movie it's due to a specific reason and is important to the film. As for the cheesy factor, I guess I just don't see it. Her costume is no different than Batman's look wise and again we haven't even seen her in a clip yet so who knows how the character will come off as.

11. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    I know I'm in the minority, but man they should make a movie about the "Batman vs. Predator" storyline.

12. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    She's not really a villain... Maybe in-between, Helping Batman, but probably for her own gain or something. The Pfeiffer one was a villain, who ended up being in the middle in the end. Probably not be a villain at all in this one. I still feel there might be a villain with Bane that we don't know about.

I don't care what costumes look like too much, and it's really not bad, they said it would be more tactical. You can't really be tactical and sneaky unless you're wearing all black. I think people just always expect some over the top costume in comic-book movies. People complained about the boots having a heel, saying it's not very "Tactical." But it's a thick steel heel, which I'm sure would hurt like hell and is probably going to be used in the film for that. They probably should have made the belt silver or something, but once the movie comes out nobody would care as long as it's good.

Don't know why the hate for the goggles either, I liked them, and it's cool that those turn into the "Cat ears" when pushed back. Nolan is clever at finding ways to make these things a bit more realistic.

The movie is going to kick ***. I just wonder when the first real trailer will come out with footage.

13. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    I'm thinking Christmas.

14. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I wouldn't say Pfeiffer's Catwoman was a villan, more of a scorned woman out to avenge the one killed her...using her newfound skills and ablities to ruin Max I believe it was.

I know Nolan has produced before and has not produced a disappointing film. I just see Selina Kyle/Catwoman as a strong, alluring, seductive woman and granted, the only other film I've seen with Anne Hathaway (The Devil Wears Prada) she didn't come across as being THAT type of woman. I think she could pull off Selina Kyle, but still not convinced of Catwoman...but then again, what Heath Ledger did with the Joker...:up:

15. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Historically with Nolan's Batman franchise the teaser would come out in the summer and the trailer with real footage comes out in December and then another one in March/April. So yes by Christmas is probably a good bet.

16. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I liked Hathaway in "Get Smart". I think she can pull off "confident" and "strong" pretty well. I'm just not sure about "sexy". I think Hathaway is an attractive woman, but Catwoman IMO has always had an element of raw sex appeal. I haven't seen Hathaway in a role where she had to exude that.

17. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Interesting news about a certain actor/actress spotted during filiming in LA, read if you want to know. Personally I don't consider this to be a major spoiler:

It looks like Scarecrow will make a cameo appearance in TDKR. I think it's pretty cool that character is back.

18. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I liked her in love and other drugs, but granted she was naked for most of that movie.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

TiP54 likes this.
  19. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I never saw that one, but heard good reports about it from friends. Did she exude that Catwoman-esque raw sexuality in that movie?

20. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Rumor is going around that the first 8 minutes of TDKR will be shown before the new Mission Impossible movie in December. Nolan did something similar with TDK and I Am Legend back in 2007. No word of what the first 8 minutes will be but if I had to guess it will be of Bane coming to Gotham much like the first 8 minutes of TDK was about The Joker. Either way I can't wait for MI4 now.

SICK likes this.
  21. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Is it bad to pay for a maitenee to see MI4 and walk out after the dark knight footage? :shifty:

maynard likes this.
  22. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I finally saw that one and enjoyed. I thought she did a good job and I certainly enjoyed seeing her naked. But I wouldn't call the sexuality in that role "catwoman-esque". She was matter of fact and kind of crude with regard to sex, but I think that she'll have to do have to do something different to pull off catwoman.

23. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    It's official the first 6 minutes will be shown before MI4 in December but IMAX only.

24. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    The 2nd trailer for TDKR hits theaters on Dec. 16th in front of the new Sherlock Holmes movie. We should see plenty of new footage. I can't wait.

NaboCane likes this.
  25. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    TDKR officially wrapped up filming yesterday in New York. July 20, 2012 can't come quick enough.

Destroyer and SICK like this.
  26. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Christopher Nolan confirmed in the newest issue of Empire Magazine that TDKR takes place 8 years AFTER the TDK. Should be extremely interesting to see what the Batman character has been up to since then considering he was a wanted man at the end of TDK. Nolan also says that Bruce Wayne is in a dark place emotionally at the start of the film, (probably due to what happened in TDK).

SICK likes this.
  27. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    he needs to get over it :wink2:

28. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Haha. Yeah you'd think he would but the Batman/Bruce Wayne needs gets over the death of his parents which he always felt responsible for so I'm sure between Rachel and Harvey Dent dying it pushed him over the edge. I'm more interested in seeing how Nolan deals with Batman's perspection in the public's eye after he took the fall for Harvey Dent. It's 8 years, so I'm guessing perhaps Bruce has possibly been retired for awhile as Batman.

29. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    So he is a Dolphin's fan???

SICK likes this.
  30. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Also in the article it states that Bane wears his mask because of something that happened to him earlier in his life and that he's consistently getting gas feed to him through his mouth/nose so he can breathe.

31. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    Anyone think Dean Winters (aka Mayhem) would have made a great joker?

32. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Maryland
    Crap I want to see this but the damn IMAX is so far from my house.

33. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Maryland
    I thought the last MI was pretty good and this one looks better.

rafael likes this.
  34. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I thought this MI was just a BMW ad? Maybe I need to pay closer attention to the trailers.

35. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    SICK and Ohio Fanatic like this.
  36. finsincebirth

Dec 1, 2007
    That poster makes it seem as if Bane will break the bat

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  37. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

If they follow the comic book lore...that's exactly what happens.

Great poster.

The Rev and Frumundah Finnatic like this.
  38. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Those were my thoughts as well.

39. finsincebirth

Dec 1, 2007
    How would they pull that off in the movie? Because in the comic Batman becomes a paraplegic. That would be such a ****ty ending. Bane breaks batman, bane goes free the end. Especially since there is no character to take over the mantle.

Unless......do you guys remember the pictures of what was speculated to be the Lasarus pit? Maybe Batman gets his back broken early in the film. Then uses the Lazarus pit to heal. That could mean the title isn't only about his metaphorical rise from the end of TDK,but a literal rise in gaining the ability to walk again.

40. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Maybe he fought Bane 8 years prior to the events of the movie, got his back broken, and then comes back.