1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***The Official B.S.G. Thread***

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by unifiedtheory, Apr 3, 2008.

Tags:
  1. FinsPensFan

FinsPensFan Professional Slacker

Dec 21, 2007
    Wheeling, WV
    I was absolutely blown away by the new episode.

2. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    So...

If Ellen Tigh is the fifth, what are we to make of Starbuck's apparent "resurrection?"

Even the unflappable Leoben freaked the **** out!

FinsPensFan likes this.
  3. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    I still think that "Ellen as the 5th" might be a bit of a scam. I won't believe it until I see more. That said, her being the 5th kind of makes sense in hindsight. Remember when she first arrived on Galactica she just popped out of nowhere? Makes me think it may be true but I dunno...

I am thinking that Starbuck is some kind of angel. That's why Leoben freaked out. He was not expecting to find Starbuck in that Viper and when he saw it was her, he freaked, not knowing what she is. I still partially think she might be a Cylon and Leoben freaked because he thinks she is the 5th...

...or maybe she is another race of humanoid entirely? Sent to infiltrate and destroy the Cylon and Human races?

I want to know exactly what happened on Earth.

I want to know what was up with the Centurion helmet they found that "they had not seen before".

...damn, when I thought it could not get better it got WAY better!!!

FinsPensFan likes this.
  4. FinsPensFan

Dec 21, 2007
    Wheeling, WV
    Excellent post!

5. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Yeah, the Ellen Tigh thing seems bogus; especially given that her appearance wasn't physical. But yes, her appearance way back when was suspicious.

The evidence in this episode seems to point to Starbuck having resurrected to her present form after she crashed and died on Earth; perhaps by dying on Earth, she somehow activated a resurrection or cloning of herself in the form of one of the former residents of Earth - also Cylons.

And maybe Pythia had it all wrong; maybe the other 12 colonies originated on Earth, from the original Cylon race, skinjobs themselves.

Then a parallel sequence of events occurred, in which both sets of skinjobs separately created mechanical "slaves" - Centurions and similar machines...the difference being that the ones on Earth evolved to the point where they developed intelligent consciousness and self-determination thousands of years earliers than the Cylon Raiders collectively did upon encountering Hotdog in his Viper.

Self-determination which led the Centurions on Earth to destroy the skinjobs that created them, but somehow also destroying themselves in the process.

So, in that scenario all humans are skinjobs!

The only difference between the humans in the fleet and the Cylon skinjobs is that the Cylons know they're Cylons, and therefore availed themselves of the resurrection technology - which could have very well been available to the humans in the fleet eventually, if the Resurrection Hub had not been destroyed.

unifiedtheory likes this.
  6. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Yeah, the Ellen Tigh thing seems bogus; especially given that her appearance wasn't physical. But yes, her appearance way back when was suspicious.

The evidence in this episode seems to point to Starbuck having resurrected to her present form after she crashed and died on Earth; perhaps by dying on Earth, she somehow activated a resurrection or cloning of herself in the form of one of the former residents of Earth - also Cylons.

And maybe Pythia had it all wrong; maybe the other 12 colonies originated on Earth, from the original Cylon race, skinjobs themselves.

Then a parallel sequence of events occurred, in which both sets of skinjobs created mechanical "slaves" - Centurions and similar machines...the difference being that the ones on Earth evolved to the point where they developed intelligent consciousness and self-determination thousands of years earliers than the Cylon Raiders collectively did upon encountering Hotdog in his Viper.

Self-determination which led the Centurions on Earth to destroy the skinjobs that created them, but somehow also destroying themselves in the process.

So, in that scenario all humans are skinjobs!

The only difference between the humans in the fleet and the Cylon skinjobs is that the Cylons know they're Cylons, and therefore availed themselves of the resurrection technology - which could have very well been available to the humans in the fleet eventually, if the Resurrection Hub had not been destroyed.

7. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Mother of god.... The last episode of BSG had to be one of the wildest EVER. We're definitely back to classic BSG.

I can't believe gay *** Getta organized a mutiny!! And they took the ship!

8. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Last two episodes were EPIC!

Very sad this is the last season. Very.

What's up with the final cylon, Ellen. What's up with Starbuck and finding herself dead.

We need answers and these haven't been touched upon yet!!!!! Hopefully soon.

Finally Gaeda gets shot. That dude had it coming for a while. Zerek too.

9. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    I'm sad that Gaeta's gone; he was one of the most interesting, complex characters in the series.

But this last episode really was epic. Can't wait to hear the answer for Kara's apparent "resurrection; and I wonder - which side is Ellen going to be on?

10. Soundwave

Soundwave Phins Sympathizer..

Apr 15, 2008
    whoa..

dude, you just totally messed me up for the rest of the day... lol

NaboCane likes this.
  11. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Just re-watched episode 14 again last night... WOW. It's gonna be tough to top 13 and 14. Those were some serious *** kicking episodes.

12. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    How many are left now?

13. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    only 6 episodes left... so sad.

NaboCane likes this.
  14. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    I thought it was less than that. Good!

15. unifiedtheory

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    I read somewhere that the last episode is a 3 hour movie.

16. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    That's what I heard too, before the season started; but no confirmation for a long time since.

17. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Boooooooooooooooo!

Best show on TV right now. all the good shows die on me. deadwood was so effing good, and they didn't even finish it. Rome was only two season. Dear God after BSG is gone tisk tisk

18. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Finest cougar on television?

[​IMG]

19. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I wasn't too happy with this episode and all of the explanations. I called it YEARS back that she was a Cylon. Not too happy to have been right. Oh well.

20. unifiedtheory

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    It got to be too much, all the things that Anders was talking about. It sounds to me like they are going to be adding more skinjobs to the mix.

I am going to watch it again just so I can keep track of what is happening.

21. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    yeah me too... Agreed. There's gonna be a lot of cylons and maybe some half/cylons... CRAZY. It got too deep too fast imo

22. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    I think it's going to be simple, but unexpected: Starbuck is Daniel.

23. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Especially considering the original Starbuck was Male in the original BSG, you're probably right Nabo.

24. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Ellen did say that John had messed with his resurrection soup...could be it made Daniel self-destructive, angry, violent and...Starbuck.

FinsPensFan and unifiedtheory like this.
  25. unifiedtheory

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    It looks like (from the preview trailer) that next week they are going to focus on the Starbuck arch of the story. It's about fracking time. They have not mentioned a thing about it since the opener and it's the arch I have cared about the most since I started watching the show.

26. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Me too.

27. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    This last episode was pretty filler-ish. I still enjoyed it. It's gonna be hard for them to top those mutiny episodes. I hate that they're tying Love into getting a cylon pregnant somehow. And Sol's wife is as big of a ***** as ever... And Sol's as weak to her as ever.

That 6 is WAAAAAAAAAAAY F'n hotter than Sol's wife.

28. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    :yes:

[​IMG]

29. FinsPensFan

Dec 21, 2007
    Wheeling, WV
    I was blown away at this weeks episode.

30. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    i wasnt digging the whole Starbuck musical crap... But that scene where Boomer fired her FTL too close to the ship was jaw dropping.

I dunno if she is serious about loving Chief, but he must feel like a jackass. Sucks to be Halo and Athena right now.

God I love this show.

31. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Excellent show.

I'm more and more convinced that Starbuck is Daniel. She's connected by All Along the Watchtower to the final five.

The Boomer thing was saddening.

And the resolution seems headed toward more sadness; there doesn't seem to be any healing the conflict, and the humans aren't poised for any kind of fight at all with John's cylons.

32. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Side note: has anyone else noticed that, for all his earnestness and noble intentions, every one of Adama's major decisions since the very beginning of the show have been the exact wrong call?

Every. Single. One.

He more than anyone has doomed the humans to the fate to which they seem headed.

33. unifiedtheory

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Honestly, "Someone to watch over me" was probably my favorite episode in 2 seasons. I loved it. It was so quiet yet it revealed more to me then any other episode has...

When Kara started playing "Watchtower" and you saw the expressions on Tigh and Tori's faces the hair stood up on the back on my neck. Boomer's final betrayal of the crew was a brilliant move. You felt bad for her and wanted Roslin and Adama to let her rejoin the crew and then BANG, she ****s them all really hard. Cavill is of course pulling the strings on that. He has made others do things in the past (see: Tigh, Ellen) that they did not want to do.

I am certain that Kara is a Cylon, there is no other explanation. I don't know who the piano player was/is.

Is Roslin dead?

The ship is pooched. It's only a matter of time before Cavill comes for them.

We are totally done with filler now. There are WAY too many loose ends from this weeks episode for them go anywhere. I have a feeling of dread though...I don't think this is going to end well.

NaboCane and FinsPensFan like this.
  34. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    I agree; I think it's going to be dark, like The Shield's resolution.

The piano player was either her own subconscious, manifesting as Daniel - her original form; or its rendering of her father.

35. FinsPensFan

Dec 21, 2007
    Wheeling, WV
    Me either. It's going to be bloody.

36. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    Ill be watching season one soon

37. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    I started to watch and I got to say I like how they say "fracken"

38. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    You watched the mini-series first, I hope.

I didn't and lost a lot of reference in the first season.

It was only when I went back and watched the MS and then re-watched S1 that it became more cohesive for me.

TheAnswer385 likes this.
  39. syborg

syborg New Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Taunton, United Kingdom
    I have to wonder if in fact they are all cylons. . .

40. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007