***The Official 2018-19 NBA Thread***

1543 replies

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Jun 20, 2019, 12:17 PM

Fun has started already...
Bucks trade Tony Snells bloated contract and pick 30 to Detroit for Jon Leuer. Cleqrly unloading money as Leuer is in the final year of his bloated deal.

GSW buys pick 41 from ATL for 1.3m and a 2024 2nd. GSW has found some good players in that area...im betting theyre looking at Louis King there FR from oregon.

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Jun 20, 2019, 12:31 PM

I'm going to Pelicans Draft Fest tonight, so when they cut to all the fans in NOLA, look for me. Last time I went to a Draft Fest of any sort was when the Heat drafted Harold "Baby Jordan" Miner. Hopefully, it goes a little better with ZION.

And not that anyone asked, but I have no idea what we're gonna do at #4 or who we're gonna take if we don't trade the pick. Super-exciting night for New Orleans.

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

sports24/7sports24/7Supporter
Jun 20, 2019, 02:12 PM

"GARDENHEAD wrote:

I'm going to Pelicans Draft Fest tonight, so when they cut to all the fans in NOLA, look for me. Last time I went to a Draft Fest of any sort was when the Heat drafted Harold "Baby Jordan" Miner. Hopefully, it goes a little better with ZION.

And not that anyone asked, but I have no idea what we're gonna do at #4 or who we're gonna take if we don't trade the pick. Super-exciting night for New Orleans.

Should be a lot of fun. Between taking Zion and the intrigue over what they'll do with 4, it should be an exciting night. Enjoy yourself.

On a related note, I remember when I went to the AAA for the lottery party in 2003. Obviously I was hoping they'd land a top 2 pick, but they were sitting in the 4 spot with the idea that as long as they didn't drop, they'd get a star player in LeBron, Melo, Darko, or Bosh. They were jumped, and landed the 5th pick. I was devastated. Little did I know at the time, it was the best thing that had ever happened to the franchise. That's the interesting thing about the draft. We think we know, but we have no idea how any of these guys will turn out. I joke with Boik about them taking Garland over RJ, but I felt the same way when there were rumors Miami was thinking about passing on Michael Beasley for an unproven combo guard named Russell Westbrook, or some white guy named Kevin Love.

Follow me on twitter. Or don't @Adam_Vaccaro

sports24/7sports24/7Supporter
Jun 20, 2019, 02:14 PM

Interesting tidbit. Kevin Porter got a last minute invite to the green room for tonight. There were some rumors that he might fall to the end of the round, but apparently the NBA thinks he has a shot to go in the lottery.

Follow me on twitter. Or don't @Adam_Vaccaro

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Jun 20, 2019, 02:23 PM

"sports24/7 wrote:

Should be a lot of fun. Between taking Zion and the intrigue over what they'll do with 4, it should be an exciting night. Enjoy yourself.

On a related note, I remember when I went to the AAA for the lottery party in 2003. Obviously I was hoping they'd land a top 2 pick, but they were sitting in the 4 spot with the idea that as long as they didn't drop, they'd get a star player in LeBron, Melo, Darko, or Bosh. They were jumped, and landed the 5th pick. I was devastated. Little did I know at the time, it was the best thing that had ever happened to the franchise. That's the interesting thing about the draft. We think we know, but we have no idea how any of these guys will turn out. I joke with Boik about them taking Garland over RJ, but I felt the same way when there were rumors Miami was thinking about passing on Michael Beasley for an unproven combo guard named Russell Westbrook, or some white guy named Kevin Love.

Thanks, man. I listened to Jay Bilas on LeBatard today and he was straight GUSHING over Zion. I watched a few games with Zion and was blown away too, but hearing it from Bilas has me so hyped!

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

Jun 20, 2019, 03:28 PM

"sports24/7 wrote:

Interesting tidbit. Kevin Porter got a last minute invite to the green room for tonight. There were some rumors that he might fall to the end of the round, but apparently the NBA thinks he has a shot to go in the lottery.

That is interesting.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

Jun 20, 2019, 04:30 PM

I don't know why I felt the need to watch this, maybe in honor of the NBA Draft tonight. But I'm glad Miami only appeared in one of these.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

BevoPhinBevoPhinForum Veteran
Jun 20, 2019, 05:46 PM

"GARDENHEAD wrote:

Thanks, man. I listened to Jay Bilas on LeBatard today and he was straight GUSHING over Zion. I watched a few games with Zion and was blown away too, but hearing it from Bilas has me so hyped!

Yeah you’re in for a treat with this guy.

I’m excited but it’s hard to get too excited picking at 13. Either way I’ve got steaks marinating and some good beer, can’t complain too much.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Jun 20, 2019, 07:14 PM

"GARDENHEAD wrote:

Thanks, man. I listened to Jay Bilas on LeBatard today and he was straight GUSHING over Zion. I watched a few games with Zion and was blown away too, but hearing it from Bilas has me so hyped!

Hearing trade down from 4 to 8 for your Pels with ATL giving you 8, 17,35 and youre taking Reddish at 8

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Jun 20, 2019, 07:15 PM

"Boik14 wrote:

Thank goodness Perry declined...i knew Morey would try that cause the Knicks are such suckers for a big name
theScore - Report: Knicks turned down Rockets' offer of Chris Paul
Report: Knicks turned down Rockets' offer of Chris Paul
https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1788081

Lol. As a Knicks fan that has to feel like a bullet whizzing by your head.



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Jun 20, 2019, 07:18 PM

"adamprez2003 wrote:

Lol. As a Knicks fan that has to feel like a bullet whizzing by your head.

Yup, i know how to pick em!

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Jun 20, 2019, 07:23 PM

I'm rooting for Luka Samanic and Dareius Bagley as the two picks for the Nets. We need stretch 4s. There are other players I would be cool with but those are the two I think that will be available with the highest upside. I read however that Brooklyn is looking to trade up to around 20 so we may end up with only one pick



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

Fin-OFin-OForum Veteran
Jun 20, 2019, 07:49 PM

"Boik14 wrote:

Yup, i know how to pick em!

WE.

Phins Knicks Mariners....GD, FML

"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Jun 20, 2019, 08:00 PM

RJ!!! :tt1::tt1:

EDIT: we didnt even boo him!

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Jun 20, 2019, 08:35 PM

Nice pick wizards. Rui could be a great pick



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

BevoPhinBevoPhinForum Veteran
Jun 20, 2019, 08:54 PM

Aight I’m happy PJ is gone, didn’t want him.

Let’s go Heat don’t fuck this up

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Jun 20, 2019, 08:58 PM

There were a zillion people at draft fest.

Can’t believe we got 3 firsts + unloaded Solomon Hill for #4.

Jaxson looks like a Willie Cauly Stein clone. I’ll take it! And we get Cleveland’s 2020 pick!

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Jun 20, 2019, 08:58 PM

Dambouyu (sp?), the Frenchie is still available. Wonder who goes for him?



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Jun 20, 2019, 09:01 PM

Wow. Herro. That's a surprise



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

Jun 20, 2019, 09:03 PM

I like what ATL is doing over there. I see the blueprint. They are going to be a problem in the east in 2-3 years.

PHINS WOLVERINES ROCKETS


DON'T MESS WITH US!

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Jun 20, 2019, 09:09 PM

eh... i would have drafted for upside if im forced to pick someone... but first i would have explored trading that pick and a bad contract for an expiring... the rebuild cant come fast enough..

sports24/7sports24/7Supporter
Jun 20, 2019, 09:13 PM

That's really frustrating. There were some high upside players like Little and especially Sekou on the board, and they passed for Tyler freaking Herro? We just have to hope we're wrong, and he turns into Devin Booker, but man that's frustrating. I (and most fans) hated the Bam pick at the time, though, so we'll see.

Follow me on twitter. Or don't @Adam_Vaccaro

BevoPhinBevoPhinForum Veteran
Jun 20, 2019, 09:14 PM

"sports24/7 wrote:

That's really frustrating. There were some high upside players like Little and especially Sekou on the board, and they passed for Tyler freaking Herro? We just have to hope we're wrong, and he turns into Devin Booker, but man that's frustrating. I (and most fans) hated the Bam pick at the time, though, so we'll see.

At least bam was/is an athletic freak of nature.

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Jun 20, 2019, 09:16 PM

Nice pick pistons. Doumbaya needs work but he could be special



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Jun 20, 2019, 09:18 PM

"sports24/7 wrote:

That's really frustrating. There were some high upside players like Little and especially Sekou on the board, and they passed for Tyler freaking Herro? We just have to hope we're wrong, and he turns into Devin Booker, but man that's frustrating. I (and most fans) hated the Bam pick at the time, though, so we'll see.

Herro is a dead eye shooter. Think Klay. 3 and D with upside to be really good. 1 of the real upside players this draft.