****The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread****
4811 replies
"CaribPhin wrote:
Btw, has any team done so little with so much as Boston has this offseason? Cap space and picks and all they end up with is Al Horford.
Sent from my OnePlus 3
They certainly seemed to waste a ton of resources. Horford is a very good player, one of my favs, but with the cap space and a bevy of picks you'd think they would have netted more than one very good player.

"CaribPhin wrote:
Btw, has any team done so little with so much as Boston has this offseason? Cap space and picks and all they end up with is Al Horford.
Sent from my OnePlus 3
I've said before and I'll say it again, Ainge can't catch big fish in an open market. He has to trade for them. Horford is hardly a top 20 player.. He's probably somewhere around 30.
Honestly I would have preferred to see Durant in Boston. Durant joining an already 73 win team that was title favorites next year without him is just absurd. lol
"Not So Fast wrote:
Durant's article: http://www.theplayerstribune.com/kevin-durant-nba-free-agency-announcement/
Whole article sounded like a knock on Westbrook.
https://twitter.com/Dynamitejimi/status/749996809829781504
Ouch...
https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/750011711688613892
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
"Galant wrote:
https://twitter.com/Dynamitejimi/status/749996809829781504
Ouch...
https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/750011711688613892
This literally had me in tears laughing.
PHINS WOLVERINES ROCKETS
DON'T MESS WITH US!
"Galant wrote:
https://twitter.com/Dynamitejimi/status/749996809829781504
Ouch...
https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/750011711688613892
rofl at the second tweet
not sure why my post went inside the quote lol
Not coincidental that Duncan is suddenly strongly leaning towards retirement after Durant's decision. I honestly thought Spurs would have grabbed one of either Conley or Durant.
"Vertical Limit wrote:
Not coincidental that Duncan is suddenly strongly leaning towards retirement after Durant's decision. I honestly thought Spurs would have grabbed one of either Conley or Durant.
As a Spurs fan I'll let the suggestion that Durant going to the Dubs has Duncan throwing in the towel. He's been looking at retiring for a while. I honestly don't believe the Durant move had anything to do with it.
"Grabbed"...?
They made a play for Durant, he preferred the Warriors.
As for Conley, I think the Spurs are more concerned on replacing Duncan, getting a big, than a guard - they've gone for a guard youth movement recently, in the draft, and other moves. So lots of young guard talent that they'll try out while Parker still has a little life left in him.
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
"Vertical Limit wrote:
Not coincidental that Duncan is suddenly strongly leaning towards retirement after Durant's decision. I honestly thought Spurs would have grabbed one of either Conley or Durant.
They should go after Wade.............:evil:
This move will expedite the "Super Team" of Bron/Wade/Melo/Paul to next season.
The move is kind of strange imo, he won't receive a great deal of credit if they win the title next season and he will look silly if they lose.
Different strokes for different folks I guess.
"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"
"Galant wrote:
As a Spurs fan I'll let the suggestion that Durant going to the Dubs has Duncan throwing in the towel. He's been looking at retiring for a while. I honestly don't believe the Durant move had anything to do with it.
"Grabbed"...?
They made a play for Durant, he preferred the Warriors.
As for Conley, I think the Spurs are more concerned on replacing Duncan, getting a big, than a guard - they've gone for a guard youth movement recently, in the draft, and other moves. So lots of young guard talent that they'll try out while Parker still has a little life left in him.
I think the spurs should go after manhimi if pau doesnt sign.. Hes not spectacular but hes the defensive C u want next to aldridge
Mahinmi is already taken. - Wizards.
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
Durant's Sports Illustrated cover in 2013

Now you're second to Curry, congrats KD.
Bogut is headed to Dallas... idk about Cuban sometimes.. I feel like he keeps picking up scraps here and there and hope it molds into something...
Obviously I wish he came to Miami but this will be interesting for sure. LeBron must be relieved to have won this year.
Gasol signs with Spurs 2 year 30 million
"finfansince72 wrote:
They should go after Wade.............:evil:
Literally the only team I would be okay losing Wade to.
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
Honestly, unless you're in Cleveland, the next few years aren't about titles realistically. Need to find other things to enjoy.
For us, enjoy the last of Wade, the continued development of Hassan, Winslow and J-Rich and seeing if Pat can put something together
GSW obviously will be the overwhelming favorites but I can never discount Pat pulling off some miraculous trade making us competitive. Not record-setting like GSW was, but who knows. I guess for now the objective should be to have a team designed to beat Cleveland and hope GSW is off their game should you meet them in the finals.
Man that Bosh contract stings.. it really does..
Oh well, I can hang in there for 3 years of mediocre basketball.
"Vertical Limit wrote:
Man that Bosh contract stings.. it really does..
Oh well, I can hang in there for 3 years of mediocre basketball.
Eh, either he plays and we should be pretty good or we clear max space at the deadline (prime Westbrook trading opportunity)
"dolfan32323 wrote:
GSW obviously will be the overwhelming favorites but I can never discount Pat pulling off some miraculous trade making us competitive. Not record-setting like GSW was, but who knows. I guess for now the objective should be to have a team designed to beat Cleveland and hope GSW is off their game should you meet them in the finals.
I'm not as doom and gloom as some here. I see a healthy Heat team as a very tough match-up for the Cavs. In the finals anything can happen. We just saw Cleveland get lucky against a better team this season.

BREAKING per LeBatard: Heat offers Wade $40 million for 2 years, player option next summer.
Completely fair and he can help us get Russ next year.
If that's not good enough, then maybe it's time to part
