****The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread****
4811 replies
JR Smith is still the best at making bad shots aside from Jamal Chuckford (or Crawford if you prefer). But. Warriors still by 111 with 2.5 to go.
Now that this crap is over, I'm looking forward to more leaks linking Miami to PG and Hayward.
Weakest championship win ever... feels like another Yankees victory...
And theyll be back next year unless Popovich puts something together. He has a guy that can slow durant, but the rest of his team needs upgrades.
As for Cleveland, they came into the Finals hot and healthy, and the best they can do is win 1 game... they have no cap room whatsoever, theyre still far better than the next best team in the East and it's not even close.
Unless GS gets upset next year, expect a sweep in the Finals and another GS victory in 2018.
"Fin-O wrote:
Lebron James hasn't sniffed anything less than a great game this whole series. Yet dumb *******sss will claim this proves he isn't Jordan.
Dunfuqs
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey at least he tied Kobe for 5 finals, with 5 losses that is. :chuckle:
Chris Broussard must be on suicide watch.
Ty Lue is a terrible coach.
But really, what can you do against a roster like that. Lebron is still the GOAT.
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin
"Boik14 wrote:
I wonder if the refs could possibly let Cleveland foul more without calling it.
Sucks to say that my fellow Knicks bro Matt is just a hater. Enjoy the Golden State Durante title...and get Alfredo his check
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"
"Fin-O wrote:
Sucks to say that my fellow Knicks bro Matt is just a hater. Enjoy the Golden State Durante title...and get Alfredo his check
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can't stand him or his fans.
How exactly do you beat this GSW team?
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
"MikeHoncho wrote:
How exactly do you beat this GSW team?
Good question. Maybe they'll get injured? Not wishing that. Just legitimately answering the question. It's not very sporting with GSW at full strength.
The Cavs have the GOAT in his prime with 2 all stars. Could only win one game.
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin
"MikeHoncho wrote:
How exactly do you beat this GSW team?
They need to figure out trades for Wade and Melo and play LBJ at Center. Not that I'd want any of their crappy contracts for Carmelo but that's probably the direction need to go since they have limited cap space for the foreseeable future.
"sports24/7 wrote:
Absolutely. He'd probably be the dream scenario unless something crazy like Jonathan Isaac falling. I still can't see Markenen falling that far, though. A guy that is not far off as a prospect, that is slightly more realistic who I'm hoping falls is Zach Collins. I'm not holding my breath for him either, but he'd be an excellent pick with big time upside, and is a guy I think fits right in at 4 for Miami even though he's listed as a center.
I also like Zach Collins but I'm not sure that he's the fit for Miami at the four position that you may be thinking. Their style is too unconventional and space-oriented to have both Whiteside and Collins on the floor at the same time. What they'd do with Collins is have him be the new Willie Reid, which could be just what they'd love to do at #14 overall since you're probably going to get a flawed player that far down the board anyway. If they can get a new Willie on the cheap, then that lets them stay focused on the bigger fish like Paul George, Gordon Hayward, Blake Griffin, etc.
I just see Markannen with that incredibly smooth and versatile shot of his as a seven footer, his thickness, strength, ability to put the ball down on the floor, it's unique. You know exactly how he would fit in if you got him, and you can easily imagine him being able to succeed. To me he's not just a stretch four that you think can do a good job with the three ball. He's a three ball sharp shooter on par with a Luke Babbitt (or at least he will be, as he develops), except that he's also the size of Hassan Whiteside.
I have looked at all the guys being talked about for the Heat's pick. I think Anunoby is another guy who really intrigues me because of his pure potential. It's hard to say no to a guy with his pure size (6'8" and 235 lbs, with an incredible thickness and musculature), wing span (ridiculous 7'6" wing span), pure athleticism (including standing two-foot jumping ability which is key), and his dogged defense. After the James Ennis episode I'm a little wary of Anunoby's handle, and in still dealing with the Justise Winslow growing pains I'm a little reluctant about a guy without clear offensive polish, but to me you don't just bump into 19 year olds with a LeBron James physical profile and athletic skill set every day. Anunoby's shot seems a little low and slow but the fact he was 13 of 29 from three and 12 of 23 in catch-and-shoot situations is enough extra spice to make you want to work with him on his handle and offensive polish.
I am not sure Anunoby fits an immediate need but I think the only reason you'd be getting a crack at him at 14 overall is the ACL tear he suffered in January of 2017. I'm just trying to think of these guys in terms of which guys stand out as the most talented and potentially special, and I think Anunoby and Markannen may separate a little bit that way.
I could also live with Donovan Mitchell. Think his issues may be fixable.
Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com
"MikeHoncho wrote:
How exactly do you beat this GSW team?
Breaking News...
Cavs sign Anthony Davis, league becomes more watered down than Wendy's biscuits n gravy
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"
https://www.facebook.com/bleacherreport/posts/10155175782936006:0
Coincidence that BR drew Paul george and Gordon side to side with Whiteside on this picture?
"Fin-O wrote:
Breaking News...
Cavs sign Anthony Davis, league becomes more watered down than Wendy's biscuits n gravy
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Salary Cap.
@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/
For the Bron nut huggers. Three times, his chief cover beat him and won finals mvp.
I think he is the best player i have ever seen, but lets not be blind either.
@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/
"Section126 wrote:
For the Bron nut huggers. Three times, his chief cover beat him and won finals mvp.
I think he is the best player i have ever seen, but lets not be blind either.
I wonder who would've won it for the Spurs the year Ray Allen saved Miami basketball?
"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"
"Section126 wrote:
For the Bron nut huggers. Three times, his chief cover beat him and won finals mvp.
I think he is the best player i have ever seen, but lets not be blind either.
He's been there EIGHT TIMES, so 3 out of 8 ain't so bad! Ha!
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin
"Fin-O wrote:
I wonder who would've won it for the Spurs the year Ray Allen saved Miami basketball?
Kawhi Leonard. So it would have been 4 times.
@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/
BTW, want to see a GREAT video? This is Bron and Draymond along with other special guests talking at a barber shop. Video is almost 30 min. long.
@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/
Summer is going to be very interesting.
There needs to be a balance in both conferences. And the Heat, Celtics and Spurs are the teams most likely to get that done by the start of next season.
Spurs will target CP3, likely will get Kyle Lowry. Will need to address Lamarcus and Pau roles.
Celtics have the first pick overall. They can trade it for an all star like Paul george. They are in the running for Gordon hayward.
We have cap space and assets to improve a roster that ended the regular season 30-11.
"Section126 wrote:
Kawhi Leonard. So it would have been 4 times.
Really? I thought I remember Parker being the pest.
Either way the point remains.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"
If I'm the Cavs I wakes up wondering what I can get for K Love and or Tristan Thompson.
Beating the teams in the East won't be an issue, but you have to get some offensive upgrades to play with GS.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"
"Fin-O wrote:
If I'm the Cavs I wakes up wondering what I can get for K Love and or Tristan Thompson.
Beating the teams in the East won't be an issue, but you have to get some offensive upgrades to play with GS.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tristan Thompson isn't worth much on the trade market. He's a decent player with a terrible contract.
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin
"Fin-O wrote:
If I'm the Cavs I wakes up wondering what I can get for K Love and or Tristan Thompson.
Beating the teams in the East won't be an issue, but you have to get some offensive upgrades to play with GS.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everyone and their brother is trying to trade Kevin Love - but I don't see how he has a ton of value in the types of trades you need. Like - if you're trading Love, you need a star back - and no team trading a star is going to deal for Love. So I don't really know how it works.
But I also disagree w people who think they should trade him for like Avery Bradley and Jae Crowder. I don't think that helps you beat the Warriors. Subtracting stars isn't closing the gap.