****The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread****
11957 replies
Harden once again just carrying this team. Hope he can keep it up.
32 points, 10 assists, 8 rebs, 3 blocks
Josh Smith with a nice debut off the bench.
21 points, 8 rebs, 3 assists
21-7
PHINS WOLVERINES ROCKETS
DON'T MESS WITH US!
Looking forward to the Rockets/Warriors collision course out West.
That's a fun conference no matter how you slice it.
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
"Desides wrote:
We never left. There just wasn't much to talk about. McRoberts' blister mutated into a season ending injury and the starting lineup hasn't played together at all because of injuries.
Well....one could argue there isn't much to talk about with the Miami Dolphins. Either way it's fun to click on this thread now.

"schmolioot wrote:
Cavs in a dogfight with the Magic right now, without Kyrie.
I'm sorry to our resident Cavs fans here but this team is nothing special. They're a run of the mill good team.
There's not even the "wow" factor that the Heat had. Not very exciting to watch or particularly interesting. Kevin Love proving to be way overrated as I predicted
I dunno. I think they eventually get it together. They've got the best player this side of the Milky Way. They're going to have to fix the defense big time, but it's doable. It will take some time, but I'm sure that's what LeBron knows he signed up for.
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
"lmeister3 wrote:
There's no 'I' in HEAT, but there are multiple 'L's in CLeveLand.
Yet there are multiple 'I's in MIamI. :confused:
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
ESPNStats wrote:
Kevin Love DNP in 4th quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic. Magic shot 57% with Love on floor (70% in paint), 35% with him on bench
Was Love hurt? Or was he straight up benched?

Yall pretty excited over a regular season win.
How the mighty have fallen.
Kidding, kidding.
Cavs suck right now. Most of their roster is under 24 - Love is one of the old guys at 26. They'll deal for Mahimi / Mozgov and help settle the interior defense a bit. Varejao's injury hurts but may be a blessing. His defense had been awful and Blatt played him way too much w Love.
This team isn't the Heat. You guys were all vets and good defenders (or at least Bosh became one after arriving). The Cavs have a lot bigger learning curve. I'm not freaking out, yet.
"TiP54 wrote:
Was Love hurt? Or was he straight up benched?
Benched. Or supposedly Blatt asked him about coming back in and he said stick w the hot hand because Tristan was playing tough D.
I went to my first Pelicans game last night versus the Spurs (I live just 2 miles from the superdome/arena). Wanted to see the Anthony Davis / Tim Duncan matchup. Unfortunately they didn't guard each other except for some switches and a brief stretch in 4th Qtr. But man, AD is killing it and Timmy is still so smooth.
Pels won pretty handily. Tony Parker didn't play. I'm sure it would have been a lot different with him.
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin
Spurs has got to start winning games that their starters dont sit... Or else that system will backfire on Popovich this year. 54 wins might not be enough for the playoffs.
Agreed. I think they're the 7 seed as it stands today.
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin
"TiP54 wrote:
Was Love hurt? Or was he straight up benched?
Blatt kept the hot group on the floor.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
I was dying at this. Hilarious.
Hate him or love him, Kobe going to be Kobe.

14 missed free throws. We deserved to lose that close game. Ridiculous.
PHINS WOLVERINES ROCKETS
DON'T MESS WITH US!
I had money on the second half of the spurs game and was going crazy that Jason Terry missed multiple threes in the fourth. I yelled BENCH THAt ****er! Thankfully Ariza late three with 12 seconds left covered over 103 second half.
Now you see my frustration with him. He starts throwing up bricks at crucial moments. How he continues to get minutes is a mystery to me.
PHINS WOLVERINES ROCKETS
DON'T MESS WITH US!
Carmelo left the game tonight with a knee issue. Amare is going to be getting more games off. The tank is on. Lose more for Okafor.
"Boik14 wrote:
Carmelo left the game tonight with a knee issue. Amare is going to be getting more games off. The tank is on. Lose more for Okafor.
Melo will always have his shooting ability so might as well tank and bring on some better players for next season.
"PhiNomina wrote:
Yall pretty excited over a regular season win.
How the mighty have fallen.
Kidding, kidding.
Cavs suck right now. Most of their roster is under 24 - Love is one of the old guys at 26. They'll deal for Mahimi / Mozgov and help settle the interior defense a bit. Varejao's injury hurts but may be a blessing. His defense had been awful and Blatt played him way too much w Love.
This team isn't the Heat. You guys were all vets and good defenders (or at least Bosh became one after arriving). The Cavs have a lot bigger learning curve. I'm not freaking out, yet.
Not really that excited over the win. I actually expected Miami to lose. As bad as Cleveland is right now they're currently the better team. Miami winning was just a nice bonus. I was more thrilled with the way the fans reacted with class. My biggest concern going into that game was that the Miami fans would behave like Cleveland fans had in Lebron's return there when he played for Miami. I wanted and hoped for better. I tend to believe that fans are the same everywhere. The difference here was that the Heat organization guided the fan response in a positive direction while the Cavs organization did the opposite. So while the Cavs may have the better team right now, the Heat have the better organization. If I were to guess the future, my guess would be that in a couple of years Miami will again be one of the best in the league and that Cleveland will continue to be what they are. That's the biggest reason why Lebron's decision was poor from a basketball standpoint. He tied himself to a rotten organization and as great a player as he is, he probably won't be able to overcome that.

Pistons look legit since releasing Smith. Theyre gonna make the playoffs which isnt saying much since its the East but theyre gonna make it.
This team was better and had more heart when Dwight and Beverly were out injured for a few weeks. Cannot believe we are losing to these scrubs. Everyone except Harden has looked lazy as hell for 3 straight games. If McHale had any nuts, he'd bench Dwight and Beverly and start Motiejunas and Brewer.
PHINS WOLVERINES ROCKETS
DON'T MESS WITH US!
Beverly and Howard goes out, Rockets go on an 8-0 run. Like I said, bench their a**es. Grow some balls and send a message. Laziness won't be tolerated. This team is too talented for that crap.
PHINS WOLVERINES ROCKETS
DON'T MESS WITH US!
Oladipo was clutch down the stretch. Wade was vintage in the 4th quarter but that last possession was ugly hero ball.
