1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

****The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread****

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by schmolioot, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    I would have thought Johnson and Ennis could give Chalmers and Walker a little bit of a rest in the 4th quarter.

2. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    And the chicks who rejected Mutombo wagged their figure at him.

3. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Hilarious.

I can say that on Georgetown campus it was pretty much a known fact to most of the students that he used to show up to parties and announce himself with that line. I mean I suppose it could have been something of a campus myth but it wasn't one of those things where it seemed made up. It was just like, yup. That happened.

I know that it came up in campus conversation when he came back to campus to speak to the student body. I went to that speech. I loved his "old African proverb" about how if you take the elevator up, send it back down. Evidently they've had elevators in Africa for centuries.

4. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    To me? Just get in. That's it. Don't let this season end with a losing record AND no playoffs.

Serpico Jones likes this.
  5. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    So no Wade, Whiteside of even Birdman tonight.

This should go well.

6. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    I wouldn't even bother worrying about it.

Had the Milwaukee meltdown not happened I wouldn't even care at all but even with that, everything else went about as well as it could with Indiana and Charlotte continuing to lose.

Hopefully we get Wade and Bird back for Sunday night against Detroit, which is pretty much a must win since SA and Cleveland are next up after that.

As for Whiteside, I think he may end up out the whole two weeks. According to Winderman he still can't catch the ball with his right hand. Unless he can somehow do that while the stitches are still in, he can't play.

7. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Kevin Durant out for the season. Needs a third foot surgery in the last 6 months, this time for bone grafts. will not be able to resume basketball activities for 4-6 months.

He's on basically Chris Bosh's timeline now, except Bosh has something that you definitively heal from.

It sucks, but this foot is a major issue going forward and could be career threatening. Yao Ming and other big guys have been forced out due to foot trouble. people forget because he's a wing, but he's 6'10.

I don't know how you guarantee nearly $200 million to the guy in 2016.

8. PhiNomina

PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    This Durant news is so awful.

9. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Dwyane Wade IS playing.

Birdman, Whiteside...out.

10. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Yup.

Heat suck balls today. Atrocious first half.

11. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    We don't deserve playoffs.

12. phinswolverinesrockets

phinswolverinesrockets If he dies, he dies

Oct 31, 2013
    Houston
    Beverly out.
    Motiejunas out.
    T. Jones out.
    Dwight on minutes restriction.

No problem.
    Harden - 33 points, 8 assists, 4 rebs, 5 steals

Memphis lost. That 2 seed is so close.

13. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I wouldn't go that far. Well, obviously in the West we wouldn't be talking about playoffs. But still the Heat have done pretty well when healthy they've just hardly ever been healthy. So if they get IN the playoffs, and then Goran Dragic, Dwyane Wade, Luol Deng, Josh McRoberts, Hassan Whiteside and Chris Anderson are all healthy...I mean they've done enough to hold the fort while they've had one or two or three of those guys out all the time, so it'd be fun to see what could happen if the stars align.

rafael likes this.
  14. phinswolverinesrockets

Oct 31, 2013
    Houston
    FINALLY DID IT. 2 SEED.

[​IMG]

Interesting stat - Our original starters have only played a grand total of 2 games together all season.

15. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Udonis thinks it's 2006 again. Wish he could keep this up.

16. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    When could Whiteside get back out there?

San Antonio and Cleveland coming up on the schedule...gonna need some help.

17. Not So Fast

Not So Fast Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Lake Worth, FL
    19 point 4th quarter, dayum. Injuries piling up once again unfortunately.

18. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Was funny them pointing out at one point the Heat are down 6 players, about 40% of their roster if I'm not mistaken.

And UD is playing with like three injuries. And Wade is playing just after having his knee drained.

Some coaches have to be looking at that and shaking their heads. And dreading getting matched up with the Heat in the playoffs if the stars all align and all of those guys are healthy again.

sports24/7 likes this.
  19. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    It would seem James Ennis played well tonight though. I didn't see all of the game.

He and Goran Dragic on fast breaks will be fun if he starts being consistent enough to get minutes.

20. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Wade...FORTY. Nice.

21. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Seems like he's played well when given the opportunity lately. I still have hope for him.

22. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Maybe this is just the fan in me but I bet some of the teams toward the top of the seeding in the East hope they draw the Bucks, Nets, Celtics, Pacers or Hornets rather than the Heat, just on the off chance that the Heat actually get healthy in time for a playoff series.

Seems like a pretty slim chance that the Heat would end up healthy all the sudden though.

I hope the Heat go 7-2 and finish at .500. Big part of me would feel guilty being in the playoffs not even being a winning team.

23. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Happens quite often in the East. Nothing to be ashamed about. Joe Philbin wouldn't be ashamed of making the playoffs at 7-9. And our record isn't indicative of the kind of team we were robbed of being through bad luck.

I actually think we have a chance to be relatively healthy come playoff time.

Once Whiteside's stitches come out, that should be that and the hand should no longer be a problem. I don't think Andersen's injuries are season threatening. He's just really beat up and is old. Should be as good as he can possibly be come playoff time.

Wade is obviously the big question and he could have a knee/hamstring problem at any time, but he's still looked better down the stretch this year than he has in awhile so that's good. And the last time he got his knee drained was in the playoffs 3 years ago against Indy and he was pretty much just as god as LeBron the rest of the way through the title against OKC.

24. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Yeah, I see our chances of being healthy (except for maybe McBob and obviously Bosh) as better than at any point since the beginning of the season. I don't know if that makes are chances "good", but their at least enough for hope. And I see us dangerous when healthy. I wouldn't go as far as "finals" dangerous. It's obviously not impossible, but we'd need an awful lot to go our go our way. But I do see us as being in the top four in the conference if healthy. I see us as a tough out for any of the top four teams except for maybe Atlanta.

I'd generally hate getting into the playoffs with a sub-500 record, but I see injury as the only acceptable excuse for that. We have certainly had more than our fair share of injuries.

25. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Now Luol Deng comes out of the game with some knee problem that caused him to miss most of the Pistons game. We're only 9 games away from the finish and McBob isn't even suiting up, Haslem basically has three injuries and is just refusing to sit, and you have Wade's knee building up fluid that needed to be drained. Also Goran Dragic has been battling some injury stuff. Oh and Beasley came out of the Pistons game hurting.

Two guys on the roster, the triple z's Zoran Dragic and Shabazz Napier, aren't guys you pretty much ever want to play. Yet they're like 2 of only 5 players not known to have any active injury issues.

26. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Got a look at the wrap that Hassan Whiteside might try and play with. Section126's saying "shooting may be an issue" looks like an understatement, lol.

He's basically got a large paddle for a right hand if he plays with it.

27. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Whiteside will play tomorrow night, both he and the team confirmed.

He says he won't be 100% percent but thinks he can help by at least being a presence in the paint.

I wouldn't expect any dunks, but if he can catch, he should be able to finish with his left hand. Biggest thing will probably be playing without fear of re-injuring it. Once he gets through the 1st quarter, I'd expect he'll play a little better.

28. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I expect he'll still be able to block shots, and I don't think dunking will be an issue. Only difference is now he'll probably stop showboating so much hanging onto the rim after he dunks. Tap-backs should be alright too.

Alley oops will be a problem. Shooting will be a problem. Hook shots with his right hand will be a problem. Rebounding will be sloppy because he'll not be securing the ball as well with soft hands, ball could get taken away more. Ball handling will be non-existent so I wouldn't expect him to end up with the ball trying to work a defender in the post.

29. BevoPhin

BevoPhin Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2013
    It seems every time D wade gets his knee drained he goes off for 40 +.

ckparrothead likes this.
  30. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    This is the wrap they designed for him. He is gonna be fine. Gonna lack some touch.

[​IMG]

31. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I think that angle understates the wrap a little bit.

This one shows a bit better just how much his finger use is going to be restricted with this thing on:

[​IMG]

I don't trust a guy trying to dribble in the low post with a flipper for a hand.

As I said, blocking will be fine, I think dunks will be fine, tap-backs, etc. But I doubt he's going to be dribbling in the low post, and I think rebounds could be a little bit sloppy. Catching alley-oops should be dicey because the ball could just ricochet off his hand. He's definitely not going to be shooting as well. Oddly though I could imagine his free throw shooting improving with that, lol.

32. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    It looks clunky but... it is a flexible elastic bandage where the padding is on the forehand. I would have preferred a tape job to this, but this is designed to allow for more mobility than a tape job.

33. phinswolverinesrockets

Oct 31, 2013
    Houston
    We are playing Clint Capela at Center. Is this a joke?

You finally get the 2 seed and now you play Clint Capela. I am at a loss for words.

34. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

35. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    After having to watch like the last five Heat games on a crappy internet feed, nice for tonight's slaughter at the hands of the Spurs to be televised nationally on TNT. Good choice.

36. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Shane Battier sitting in today with Lebby and Stugotz....GREAT stuff.

ckparrothead likes this.
  37. BevoPhin

Mar 15, 2013
    Seriously, I'm done with laggy feeds with numerous ads covering the player with fake X's that open ads and start downloading .exe files.

38. BevoPhin

Mar 15, 2013
    I hope he gets better at calling games because its awesome to hear him talk heat. He was pretty bad at calling the last game I heard, but hearing about birdman buying everyone hunting knives was gold.

Section126 likes this.
  39. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Brian Hartline, Brian Friggin Hartline, just put up a "thank you fans!" billboard near the stadium.

Brian Hartline.

Brian Hartline.

Think about that.

Enjoy Cleveland jerkoff

40. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I hear ya. FWIW I use VIPLeague.se and I've been having some luck with "Other Link 1". Although there are a billion ads to clear through, once you get done with that the feed itself is quite good. My advice on the ads is if there's one that is counting down, wait until the countdown is over before getting rid of stuff. Otherwise the trickiest one is an ad that makes you think you're clicking on the "x" but the REAL "x" is like a tiny blue dot that moves slightly to the left when you mouse over it.

It's a pain though.