Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by schmolioot, Jul 7, 2014.
Im sure he will be fine by October, maybe December at the latest. Boozer will have to do for now.
Even a 6 month recovery means he should be back for camp.
Assuming that it's nothing more serious than what's out there now, I would expect him in the opening day lineup next year
Some Nets writers saying that Blatche is coming to Miami.
Would be a great pickup
Gotta give credit to Miami for something.
You get the feeling that at any given moment they know exactly what value every player in the league would present to them, what they're willing to pay for it, how he'd fit, etc. They're remarkable when it comes to reacting quickly to quick developing situations.
He'd probably be pretty productive, yeah...but there's a reason he was in China. Guy's got questions off the court. Not sure they'd bring him in alongside Whiteside in the lockerroom and possibly add a bad influence (an issue that's been discussed a lot). Maybe the stint in China helped, I dunno, but he's got a history of not working terribly hard and people wondering if he's a good teammate/lockerroom presence. It'll be interesting to see what happens here at the 4/5 spots.
I guess, but we're talking 2 months and a desperate situation
I rather have Boozer over Blatche.. I don't want Blatche anywhere near Whiteside. That guy has a cancerous personality.
It was nice to be able to keep Whiteside in a bubble before. The right thing to do. But your best player just got a pulmonary embolism and will miss the rest of the season. Luxuries are no longer affordable.
Of course they would have. You get his bird rights like this, and can retain him. They might have had little chance to land him as a FA without the trade.
If the team still cares about getting to the playoffs and potentially making noise when you get there, then we need to simply get the best player we can get. I doubt Blatche can do that much damage to Whiteside over 2-3 months (we won't be playing in June).
This situation is terrible but the games aren't cancelled. Tickets have been sold and the organization has an obligation to put the best product out there that they can.
Are they going to give him a max deal?
There is no definitive prognosis.
Wait till the Heat says "something". They haven't said anything.
If he has a PE, it is really no big deal for his "career"...but it BEST it means he is out for at least 3 weeks and more likely, the season.
As for buyout options:
Beasley and Blatche you can get for a contract. Both had very productive seasons in China. heat has had contact with both guys before..Beasley..well..you know, and Blatche, they brought in for workouts in 10', and then explored signing him in 13'.
As for Boozer, he lives here and is good friends with D-Wade. So he might be an option.
I really like Khem Birch A TON to be brought in as a 4th big immediately, and to challenge for minutes behind Bosh next season as well.
If Bosh is out for the season..I bring in Blatche and Birch...or Boozer and Birch.
Don't know, but they traded for him with an "understanding".
I'm surprised we didn't call up Birch already, and brought up Walker instead.
Maybe they just wanted to wait for something definitive on Bosh.
Thankfully we play the Knicks tonight.
Mike Wallace tweeted that the only thing he can say for certain is that Bosh has grown more upbeat as new test results come back, so maybe it's something else, or not as bad as feared.
Read your post 3 times before I realize which Mike Wallace you were talking about
LeBatard says the Heat still aren't sure if it's blood clots. They'll know more tonight.
Kobe's 81 pt game on ESPN classics right now..for those that like watching vintage CB4
LeBatard: Heat believes Bosh will be ok, just have no idea when he will be able to play, but he will be able to play at some point.
The Heat has not gotten any confirmation that it's blood clots, or that it's in 2 lungs, etc. They are still waiting on additional tests and have not ruled him out for the rest of the season.
Heat believes reporting has been very irresponsible and that nobody can know what is going on because they don't know what's going on
Realgm's game6 is in the hospital, is tweeting live updates from bosh's sponge bath.
ouch for Barry Jackson, reputation takes a hit on this one.
If any of yalls wives are wondering why you're drunk at 3 pm, the chris bosh being sick excuse works pretty well, just a heads up.
No, he may still end up being right, but that just means that somebody broke the law and released Bosh's medicals in violation of HIPPA.
Or, if his source is somebody in Bosh's camp and they just told him that the "doctors feared" blood clots and then everybody ran with it.
The doctors might have "feared" anything, but that's why you do tests.
LeBron sending CB some love. Get better CB!
Best GIF reaction ever.
LeBatard made another point that this is not like Zo's issue at all, because that one, almost from the moment he went to the hospital, was that it was over and that he would have to retire. Obviously he didn't, but that was a real fear right from the beginning.
this so far is the opposite, at least from the Heat/Bosh side. The Heat has not seen anything so far to indicate that he won't be back. Now it might not be until next year, but so be it. Get whatever it is taken care of.
But I do think we have some people jumping the gun and unnecessarily fear mongering. And it's really not fair to Bosh. When his family knows something and feels comfortable advising people, let them do it.
Damn, don't know what to make of all this. Lebatard making it sound alright...while the B/R crew making it sound super (potentially more) serious. Just gotta wait it out I guess.
Here's hoping it's just a hernia.
Don't get me wrong, it might be blood clots and be super serious. Even LeBatard said that it's possible that some reporter has a source with better information than the Heat (though unlikely).
But we went from a report by greg Cote that rings true, "Doctors fear an embolism" which I'm sure was true at 11:00 last night to now de facto confirmation of blood clots in both lungs despite no new official information being released.
If you go into a hospital with symptoms that can't be initially explained and whatever tests you do are "inconclusive" (which was team released information early this morning) then you do more tests to rule things out. I'm sure the docs have had several theories/suspicions/fears throughout the process. Dr. House had about ten every episode before he stumbled on the right one, but the drive to be first with information I think has gone overboard here.
It's one thing to jump the gun on a trade or a free agent signing, who really cares? But to jump the gun on a serious matter like this is irresponsible.
Clots in the lungs can be a tricky diagnosis as it's my understanding they don't always show on cat scans. They often do but not always.
Bring in Birch.. I liked what I saw in summer league and he was pretty damn good in college averaging 10/11 with 3 blocks.. maybe we got another gem in him...
I imagine they are waiting for final confirmation on bosh's status before making any decisions about bringing in other people.
If he's out for the season, you sign a Blatche or Boozer, if he can come back in a few weeks maybe you look at a 10 day contract guy like Birch instead
Shouldn't they be bringing in Boozer regardless?
I can see them not wanting to guarantee a guy right now when they're not sure they're really going to need them.
I think they're comfortable with Haslem as a backup to Bosh. If there's no Bosh, that's a different story
Apparently Wade plays worse when Rihanna is in attendance. Arison, ban her from the Triple A?
Haslem has just about zero offensive capabilities. That's a problem because when he comes on the floor it's often not going to be when guys with offensive capabilities like Wade, Dragic, Deng and Whiteside are on the floor.
From what I've seen he's often on the floor when other backups are in, for whatever reason.
To hell with basketball, Chris Bosh needs to make 100% sure he isn't going to have an issue on the court. I hope fans aren't stupid enough to think he should risk anything (if that applies) to rush back because they traded for Goran Dragic and feel like they can make some noise in the playoffs.
Best of luck to him and his family.
Who is suggesting otherwise?