****The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread****

11957 replies

schmoliootschmoliootSupporterOP
Jul 7, 2014, 10:37 AM

"Mrtree wrote:

I think anyone on pretty much any team would be lying if they said they didn't want him....

If he left, and then opted out of his Cleveland contract in 2 years, I'd pass.

If he's not happy after 4 straight Finals and 2 championships then he will never be happy and it will always be something. Some hoop to jump through. Some move to make.

Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed watching and rooting for LeBron immensely. I think in general he is a good guy. And he is obviously a great player. But the Finals is not a birthright every year. You are no destined to win a championship every year. Sometimes you run across a bad match-up.

If he thinks Cleveland is in the Finals next year as currently constituted, he is wrong. And he knows better than anyone how hard it is to throw a new team together and win immediately. Just basketball wise, it makes no sense. If his family wants to be back in Ohio so badly, then so be it. Family comes first.

But then don't ask to have your number retired, or be revered here. Like I said, once you're out, you're out.

PhiNominaPhiNominaForum Veteran
Jul 7, 2014, 10:38 AM

"Mrtree wrote:

I think anyone on pretty much any team would be lying if they said they didn't want him....

Yeah, if for some crazy reason this happens I'm fully ok to just say they did everything wrong, got incredibly lucky, and are a bunch of hypocrites for cheering for this dude we all booed for 4 years.

I realize all those things. Don't care haha.

SumlitSumlitNew Member
Jul 7, 2014, 10:38 AM

The clown show (First Take) starting back up again. If you thought speculation so far was bad, you ain't see nothing yet. Half an hour into the show they've already flung more crap into the wall than the previous 2 weeks.

MrtreeMrtreeForum Veteran
Jul 7, 2014, 10:40 AM

"PhiNomina wrote:

Yeah, if for some crazy reason this happens I'm fully ok to just say they did everything wrong, got incredibly lucky, and are a bunch of hypocrites for cheering for this dude we all booed for 4 years.

I realize all those things. Don't care haha.

lol you wouldn't be alone...

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Jul 7, 2014, 11:15 AM

These next few days will determine if the Miami Heat will be relevant for the next 5 years.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Alex44Alex44New Member
Jul 7, 2014, 11:18 AM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

These next few days will determine if the Miami Heat will be relevant for the next 5 years.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

We will be relevant with or without Lebron.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Jul 7, 2014, 11:21 AM

"Section126 wrote:

BTW, James Ennis...as advertised.....

we got one wing player already. go get a front court player, and an ancillary wing piece.

Would you be happy if we landed say a Gasol, Birdman or Boozer and say Morrow and otherwise just brought back the same backcourt?

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Jul 7, 2014, 11:27 AM

"Alex44 wrote:

We will be relevant with or without Lebron.

Fighting for a 6-7 seed in the East isnt relevant. I know from experience, dude.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

schmoliootschmoliootSupporter
Jul 7, 2014, 11:28 AM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

These next few days will determine if the Miami Heat will be relevant for the next 5 years.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

On the plus side, we'll at least know what it's like to be a Knicks fan for the last 20 years

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Jul 7, 2014, 11:35 AM

:o

"schmolioot wrote:

On the plus side, we'll at least know what it's like to be a Knicks fan for the last 20 years

Exactly.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

schmoliootschmoliootSupporter
Jul 7, 2014, 11:36 AM

Chris Sheridan, who hasn't been even a teensy bit relevant since he left/was fired by ESPN, gets into the fun!

"Sources:LeBron James inner circle-from wife to agent to best friends-unanimous that he should return to cavs"

UNANIMOUS. Forget that juice bar she just opened. Or the clothing store last year. UNANIMOUS

schmoliootschmoliootSupporter
Jul 7, 2014, 11:39 AM

More Sheridan:

It will go down in Vegas, 75% chance he returns to Cavs.

byroanbyroanAdministrator
Jul 7, 2014, 11:41 AM

Guess Mayweather did know something. :lol:

Seriously though, lots of rumors are going around. Won't know for sure until it's announced.

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Jul 7, 2014, 11:43 AM

"schmolioot wrote:

Phin, I'm sure I know the answer but do Cleveland fans really want LeBron back?

Just seems to me it's a complete lack of dignity and self respect but it's only sports, so I guess normal rules don't apply.

If LeBron left the Heat, I wouldn't hate him, and I will always appreciate and cherish the memories, but once you're out, you're out. Don't let the door hit you on the ass, and don't bother trying to get back in.

I appreciate Shaq's contributions to the Heat too, but I never wished for his return, even when it became a possibility and he doesn't really deserve to have his number retired either. And neither will Lebron. That honor is reserved for the Wades and
Haslems of the world (Bosh too if he sticks despite LBJ leaving)

Most any sane person would want the best player in the NBA on their team.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

schmoliootschmoliootSupporter
Jul 7, 2014, 11:49 AM

"Stitches wrote:

Most any sane person would want the best player in the NBA on their team.

Would you take back a cheating girlfriend after 4 years?

Moreover, would you openly lust after that cheating girlfriend for the previous two years, salivating over every morsel of information that suggested she might, MIGHT, be willing to look in your direction if you do X, Y and Z over the next 2 years? And it's still not a definite but she'll hear you out.

I think most people would have a little more self respect than that. Maybe in sports that stuff goes out the window.

But I stand by what I said, if he leaves and opts out in 2 years, I'm not even interested in bidding.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Jul 7, 2014, 11:49 AM

BREAKING: Sources very close to the situation are telling me that LeBron has agreed to terms on a 2-year, $45.2M deal with the Flint Tropics. Sources say there were promises of "a large check and everything".

Tropics management was so excited for the agreement that one source quotes "I'm so happy, I can't feel my arms!" from team owner/cmo/ceo/coach/forward Jackie Moon.

Keep in mind that nothing is official yet. Will update as events unfold.

Wait, how is this not on ESPN yet?

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

Alex44Alex44New Member
Jul 7, 2014, 11:53 AM

"schmolioot wrote:

Would you take back a cheating girlfriend after 4 years?

Moreover, would you openly lust after that cheating girlfriend for the previous two years, salivating over every morsel of information that suggested she might, MIGHT, be willing to look in your direction if you do X, Y and Z over the next 2 years? And it's still not a definite but she'll hear you out.

I think most people would have a little more self respect than that. Maybe in sports that stuff goes out the window.

But I stand by what I said, if he leaves and opts out in 2 years, I'm not even interested in bidding.

As great as Lebron is, organizations need stability to succeed. In your scenario I agree.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

Alex44Alex44New Member
Jul 7, 2014, 11:54 AM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

Fighting for a 6-7 seed in the East isnt relevant. I know from experience, dude.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Wade/Bosh/New pieces will still be the #2 or #3 seed easily.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Jul 7, 2014, 11:58 AM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

These next few days will determine if the Miami Heat will be relevant for the next 5 years.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Hyperbole much?

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Jul 7, 2014, 11:59 AM

"rafael wrote:

Would you be happy if we landed say a Gasol, Birdman or Boozer and say Morrow and otherwise just brought back the same backcourt?

Yep.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Jul 7, 2014, 12:03 PM

Have you guys ever heard the story about my run-in with Lebron's "Business management team"?

It's a doozy.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

PhiNominaPhiNominaForum Veteran
Jul 7, 2014, 12:04 PM

"Section126 wrote:

Hyperbole much?

Hearing anything good, Sec? Should I tell Cleveland to cancel their parade?

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Jul 7, 2014, 12:10 PM

"Section126 wrote:

Have you guys ever heard the story about my run-in with Lebron's "Business management team"?

It's a doozy.

PM If possible. Please?

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Jul 7, 2014, 12:11 PM

"PhiNomina wrote:

Hearing anything good, Sec? Should I tell Cleveland to cancel their parade?

Nothing has changed since I posted the Heat's FA wish list that seems to be 100% accurate.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Jul 7, 2014, 12:22 PM

"lmeister3 wrote:

PM If possible. Please?

Nah..I will just post it on here. Names will be redacted to avoid a lawsuit.

A little more than 2 years ago, I was contacted by one of my best clients to do the design for a large Fence/Gate project for a famous person's home. That famous person? Lebron James.

The Job was in excess of $130,000 (this is key) (He ended up spending around 330k BTW on it).

So yes...obviously..a rich guy wants to contract me via a client of mine...I will "soak" you a little extra.

So...I quoted $1,200 for a Job that was worth no more than $800.

One day later, my client tells me that ___________ is very difficult to deal with, and that ____________ is making the job not worth doing. (I can tell I was being soft sold...to lower my expectations).

2 days later..I get a call from ______________ questioning my Fee. I immediately cut _____________ off and told him, he had no business contacting me and to contact my client who is the contractor on the job. I WORK FOR HIM...NOT YOU or Lebron James.

I was then "relieved" (fired) from my duties on the project, because ___________ found my $1,200 fee on a 130k job (later turned into 330k) exorbitant. My Client then insisted that they use me, and they would get me to reduce my fee to $800. __________ said to try to get me to do it for $400. (This was obviously done by __________ to directly insult me.) This got back to me after I forced my client to reveal what they tried to get them to do. I told _____________ personally to go **** himself in those exact WORDS.

My client was soon thereafter splintered into a sub-contractor consortium to do the project.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/