1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**The Official 2012-13 NBA Thread**

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Muck, Jul 11, 2012.

1. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    ESPN was reporting that Howards deal has an early opt out.....so we could be going through this mess a year or two from now....again.

2. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    They still have kobe wanting to play and continue his jordan fantasy? Then they are in as bad a spot as you can get.

3. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Heat summer league gets going vs. utah at 1:00 today...

Moe ringggzzz....

4. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    I think Kobe is done after this year. He won't be anywhere near as good of a player after that injury at his age. He won't want to play for that much longer at a lower level IMO. I think he's done with the Lakers after this next season. The big thing to me is if Jim Buss isn't reigned in and doesn't learn his lesson. If he had just hired Phil Jackson he'd have the best coach in the NBA, Howard, a talented roster that could certainly contend in the West instead he's got a lottery team. Hopefully for Lakers fans this offseason has been an eye opener because the Lakers are looking like one of the worst run organizations in sports right now.

5. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Heat lose 69-59. Couldn't chip away the 19-9 lead the Jazz took in the 1st quarter. Point system gives the victory 6-1 to the Jazz.

Thought Ian Clark was player of the day for Miami but Varnado also really good. Ian Clark looked like the pure scorer and outside shooter that he was at Belmont. Great game for him. Finished well. Makes me wonder how he'd look at point.

Everyone else mediocre at best. James Ennis was terrible for three quarters. Then he found his shot in the fourth and attacked the rim more, got some fouls. He came in at the end with a couple of blocks too. I account Eric Griffin one of the mediocre guys. He did ok. Carmichael looked OK as an athletic big man.

Myck Kabongo struggled running the point. Was actually a good facilitator and would've had a lot more than 4 assists if his team wasn't shooting like 30%. He was dumping good passes out but his guys weren't making the shots. He played great defense and helped highly regarded point guard Trey Burke have a terrible day going 1 for 12 from the field. Kabongo also had a steal or two. But he was a TERRIBLE shot all game, especially at the free throw line. Inexcusably bad day shooting.

D.J. Kennedy was the worst player of the day. He even got rejected by the rim on a wide open dunk. Total dead weight. Dewayne Dedmon didn't hold his own, nor Hopson or Vincent Council. I wouldn't even play these guys in the next summer league game, with possible exception of Dedmon.

For some reason D.J. Stephens did not play. Hopefully he gets a lot more opportunity in the next three games.

Section126 likes this.
  6. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Ian Clark is scheduled to play with Golden State in the Las Vegas summer league.

7. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    James Ennis performance was disappointing.

The guy has workout tape that is as good as anybody's, and a set of skills that should make him an NBA player.

The game starts..and all of that went flying out the window. Still thinks he makes the training camp roster. Kabongo. yikes.

Ian Clark..they will lose him to GSW for Vegas..but no fear...GS won;t guarantee him a roster spot and he would be smart to turn down a TC invite from GS. They are stacked at guard. The Heat is in the hunt for a third PG. it could be his.

8. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Damn it

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

9. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I still have hope for Kabongo. He missed some bunnies and I think there were nerves working there much like other rookies.

10. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Myck Kabango will be a roster-able player imo. It may take a year or two in the D league but there are things I like about his game. I kept hoping the Knicks would buy a pick in round 2 as the draft dragged on. I was happy we got CJ Leslie but getting Kabango would have made it a potentially excellent draft since there would have been 3 roster-able players and a couple of nice upside players there instead of just Leslie

11. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Thread had a good run.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  12. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    yeah they are they even have Council whom admittedly has no shot, but it is cool to see him get a chance....