1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The new vs old LB debate(from pff)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Nappy Roots, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    [​IMG]

12.2 million this year for new LBs

4.9 for old LBs

2. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

The DL has not played up to the level it was during last year, save for the Cleveland game. The worth of the two new guys cannot be determined in the manner you choose...

And you do realize the cap hit for these two guys is only $4.8 M...? (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/cap-hit/)

Just a question ??

xphinfanx likes this.
  3. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

Just posting what PFF posted.

I'm not a big fan of their stuff, but I know some people take their word as gospel.

Larryfinfan likes this.
  4. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I think it was reasonable to expect some degree of drop off, and for a move that was as much about freeing up costs as it was trying to improve, but I think the play has been too bad. Too many missed tackles.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  5. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    Some guy on Twitter said we upgraded in pass coverage because of them. Doesn't look like that to me. Dansby is better than Ellerbe. Wheeler and Burnett both suck at it.

6. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

Which is surprising because I thought that was Burnetts strength before he signed with us. But he got roasted in coverage with us consistently.

xphinfanx, MikeHoncho and maynard like this.
  7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Never saw our current Middle backers as a marked upgrade after the signings/cuts.

8. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I do not agree. Especially if you're talking about how Dansby did in coverage during his time in Miami. This year the passer rating on passes into Dansby's coverage is 75, and the passer rating into Ellerbe's coverage is 59. IMO, Ellerbe improved our coverage and Wheeler improved our blitzing, but at the same time we sacrificed in run defense because neither of the new guys are in the box thumpers in the run game like Dansby and Burnett.

cuchulainn likes this.
  9. PhinsFan93

PhinsFan93 New Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Funny how Dansby has more sacks than the two LB's we brought in combined whose specialty was supposed to be blitzing.

10. Linus

Linus Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 9, 2008
    Funny how Ellerbe has more interceptions this year than Dansby did for us in 3 years combined, who was supposed to be great in coverage, rangey, and a turnover machine.

11. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I thought it was a lateral move aimed to at getting younger and faster. Hasn't worked out well at the moment.

cuchulainn likes this.