1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"The Lost Symbol"

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Ohiophinphan, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

I have noticed a few quotes from Dan Brown's new book floating around in some of the threads and thought I would open up one for a discussion of the book itself.

I read it last week (OK, I "listened to an unabridged set of CD's while driving from here to CT). I was a little disappointed. I much prefered both of the previous works, Angels and Demons and DaVinci Code. I especially found the post climactic speech very "preachy". It was all Age of Enlightenment stuff with a little of god in all of us. I realize I am not the right audience for that particular polemic but felt like it just didn't add to the story. I also felt like the plot didn't move enough or fast enough.

On the other hand, I think this ought to make a decent third movie of the franchise, the chase in the blackness should be a chore to render on the big screen.

What do the rest of you think about the book and perhaps about the whole Robert Langdon trilogy?