1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Los Angeles Dodgers of Los Angeles Bleedin' Blue Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Samphin, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Its about time somebody started this thread in here. Go Blue! :thumbup:

Regan21286 likes this.
  2. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I hope Torre keeps Park around. He seems to do well only in Dodger blue.

3. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

Go Blue :d

4. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    According to the Denver Post, the Rockies are trying to trade Marcus Giles to the Dodgers.
    Jayson Nix has locked up the Rockies' starting second base job, making Giles expendable. "That's what I'm hearing," Giles confirmed when asked about the trade talk. He could start for the Dodgers in place of the injured Jeff Kent. Mar. 23 - 8:10 pm et

5. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    A good signing IMO. 2B and 3B are real weak points for our team.

6. Samphin

With Jef fKent hurt, Nomar Garciapaara hurt, Adam LaRoche hurt and down to borderline major leaguers for options at the hot corner and Delwyn Young (who had a terrible spring), Marcux Giles may be a good pickup. I just hope we don't give up anything worth a darn for him since the Rockies are looking to move him as well.

7. ILPhinFan88

Let the fun begin. :D

8. Samphin

I have officially called in "sick" for opening day. The Dodgers better not dissapoint.

9. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    boooooooooooo booooooo

10. Samphin

:angry:

11. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
  12. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
  13. Samphin

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  14. Samphin

Zito vs. Penny today.

Day game in Dodger Stadium should make for a possible high scoring game. Zito had a tremendous 10+ ERA in Spring Training with a whopping 4 strikeouts and 14 walks in 18.1 innings. :lol:

Here is hoping that Ethier and Kemp smack the ball all over the field today. :up:

15. Samphin

I am looking smart today as the Dodgers are up 4-0 through 4 1/2 innings. Jeff Kent with a two run dinger in the first.

16. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Good start by the youngsters. Though Ethier isn't exactly showing he deserves to start over Pierre.

17. Samphin

First game of the season. He just roped what should have been a two run single but Rowand happened to be playing him just right.

Furcal is having a monster game however. And Penny is pitching a shutout going into the 7th.

18. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    True, it's the first game. But I'll bet Pierre will be using that game as ammunition in his efforts to get back the starting spot.

Samphin likes this.
  19. Samphin

Fine by me. Personally, I disliked the Pierre signing last year, but I would love for him to prove me wrong.

Great win today. Penny didn't look his best, but he pitched 6.2 innings of shut out ball and anytime the Dodgers blank the Giants for a game, is a good day for me :D

Player of the game: Rafael Furcal. 3-4 with a double, run and an RBI. He also had the defensive play of the day (for all the bigs) with his range to the left and impossible 360 throw to first to get the runner. Great game for the shortstop!

20. ILPhinFan88

Yeah, nice start. Another solid game by Penny :up:

21. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Yea, I thought Pierre was really overpaid since he lacks pop and a good arm (not as badly as Zito though). But he's a player I'd like to have, just not at that price.

Agreed. Hopefully Furcal can rebound this season after a lackluster showing last year.

22. Samphin

Should be a low scoring affair tonight. Night game at Dodger Stadium with sinker baller Derek Lowe vs. Matt Cain of the Giants. Honestly, I have no idea how the Giants are going to score runs consistantly this year.

Outside of Aaron Rowand, there doesn't seem to be a big league hitter left on their team. Durham sometimes but he is wildly inconsistant.

Cain is a fireballer of sorts so expect the Dodgers to struggle somewhat. Although, I have a feeling Andruw Jones is going to feast on him.

23. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I'm guessing they'll recant and offer Bonds money when they reach the bottom of offensive production among teams. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I really hope Jones can hit a homer this series. At least he got a single.

24. Samphin

Oh I doubt they bring back Bonds. It would be a PR nightmare. They have already taken down everything related to Bonds in their stadium. Honestly, they are better off without him since they aren't going anywhere with him.

At least let the kids play and get some experience.

25. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Bad press is still press I suppose. If the Giants really start tanking and those kids aren't showing much, it's still a possible option.

26. Samphin

Dodgers win again. :D Bottom of the ninth, Furcal on second, Martin on first, and the rookie Delwyn young gets himself a game winning rbi in the form of an infield single.
    Thats right, Furcal scored from second on an INFIELD SINGLE. :woot:

Player of the game is once again Rafael Furcal who had two rbis and scored the game winning run. He is starting the season extremely hot which is rare for him. Must have something to do with that "contract year."

Oh well, I will take it. Andre Ethier had a good night as well, 3-5 with a double.

The Giants are really bad this year. They probably should have won this game, but their own ineptness at the plate cost them. Bases loaded, one out and you ground into a DP. Ouch.

Tomorrow should be a great pitching matchup once again. Chad Billinsgley vs. Tim Lincecum.

27. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I'm glad I took Furcal in the 17th out of 21 rounds in my fantasy league. I knew he'd have a good chance at a big year with Torre in charge.

28. PeaTearGriffin

PeaTearGriffin Season Ticket Holder

Dec 8, 2007
    I will be DVRing this! Lets go Billingsley! Hes on my fantasy team along with 3 other dodgers

29. Samphin

Close to gametime. I hate having to listen to the Giants boradcast of the game. Simply brutal. Oh well, it makes it fun when the Dodgers beat them though. :lol:

Edit: Billingsley is a late scratch and Kuo is starting in his place...I don't like it, hopefully Billingsley is ok. I wouldn't be surprised to drop this game ad Kuo doesn't instill much confidence for me.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  30. PeaTearGriffin

PeaTearGriffin Season Ticket Holder

Dec 8, 2007
    i was at work while this was on but i caught some of it and i was very confused about the pitching...it start and both Billingsley and Lincecum weren't on the mound and then later i see both pitching....did they both come in relief?

31. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Kuo filled in admirably though ironically, it was Billingsley and Loaiza who gave up the runs.

I'm getting more and more impressed by DeWitt's work at 3B. And I'm a bit disappointed with Jones, Kemp, and Martin so far. Hopefully, they'll get back in it but I had high hopes for those 3.

32. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Nice game bro's, you kicked our butt. Congrats.:wink2:

33. Samphin

Kuroda looked very sharp. It probably has more to do with no one seeing him before. I am sure this series will be a good one all season long. Both teams have superb pitching.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  34. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    That and we gave up walks that cost us big time brother.:wink2:

35. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    That 7th round burst of offense was the key in that one. I don't think we'll be able to do that again in the next games so it could be tight.

36. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    This will definitely be a battle. We have Peavy going tomorrow.:up:

Regan21286 likes this.
  37. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    And now I'm torn because I have both Penny and Peavy starting on my fantasy roster. :lol:

38. Samphin

Good picthing matchup today. Lowe and Gigantor put on a good show. Timely hitting and small ball ultimately won out. Two series wins in a row Dodger fans!

39. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Congrats bro.:up:

40. ILPhinFan88

been some really good games already this season. :D