1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Lamest Game 1 Breakdown

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pandarilla, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Berardino really shows his arse on this one...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...-buffalo-bills-preview-090910,0,4353925.story

Talk about phoning this one in.

Ricky was dead on when he said these reporters are lame. The above quote couldn't illustrate it any better. If you don't realize that the Bills secondary is way better than the Bills run defense then I've got no sympathy for you. You could look at the rankings or you could even glance at a Bills forum, but this crap is (to borrow a term from the Prez)...craptastic.

He gets paid to do what he does:pointlol:

BTW-If you click on the link, you've got to check out the lone comment posted twice beneath it (hilarious).

CaribPhin likes this.
  2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Meh, it's a pretty good write up. I didn't even know we had Brandon Marshall on our team.

3. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    I'm going to consult with Chris the bumbling, stumbling, he may go all the way to Canada.

4. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Isn't Jairus Byrd kind of banged up?

Crappy Tipper likes this.
  5. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Mike B is also the one who tried to get under Marshall's skin after he droped 4 passes in that first PS game.

He's a tool.

6. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Beat writers will tell you they aren't scouts or analysts, but they have no problem giving you their opinion anyway. Is anyone really surprised that their analysis is worthless? Sort of colors their camp updates, doesn't it?

I'm sure Berardino learned everything he knows about football from listening to cliches on Monday Night Football and pregame shows. "Run the ball, stop the run." "Defense wins championships." That sort of meaningless nonsense. Of course Berardino thinks the Bills have a poor pass defense, he doesn't know any better.

And the "Overall" segment is laziness incarnate. Chan Gailey is in his first season as Bills head coach? Why, thank you, I did not know that. And George Edwards is there too?! Wow! But that's not nearly as insightful as the report of the Dolphins' win-loss record in Buffalo over the last insert arbitrary period of time here. That took, what, two minutes to research on NFL.com?

And then the beat writers wonder why people take Ricky Williams' side.

CaribPhin and The Aqua Crush like this.
  7. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

He left UCF?!

8. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I think you guys sometimes forgot, not everybody is crazy as us. Not everyone scours messages boards all day and constantly digest info. I didn't realize George Edwards was our ILB coach and is now their defensive coordinator. Remember this stuff is written for the average fan.

9. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

That isn't written for us. It's written for fans without this site, people from far away states who gamble, and national publications who really don't give a rat's *** about our team. That said, even to those standards it's a piece of crap.

10. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    There's nothing in the writeup that couldn't be learned within 2 minutes of browsing NFL.com. It's not even a convenient distillation of game-relevant facts, just the result of a quick browsing of the Bills' team page on NFL.com.

None of the audiences you list are served in any way, adequately or not, by Berardino's junk.

11. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    i thought leodis mckelvin is also banged up

12. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    yeah i'm thinking run all day and throw to fasano more than the receivers. reggie torbor on fasano? could be fun

13. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Berardumbass could've at least watched the two games from last year. Only takes a few bucks: (https://gamerewind.nfl.com) to sound competent in your profession.