1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Hobbit, an unexpected journey photos

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by padre31, Dec 20, 2011.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    maynard, Ohio Fanatic and B.Sebo like this.
  2. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    can't wait. but I have my doubts it can live up to the trilogy.

3. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I enjoyed the first film of the trilogy the most as it dealt more with the characters involved, once the films moved into huge battle scenes and spiders et al, I thought the films were not as good.

4. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    this is a film (2 films actually) that I am really looking forward. I am a total sucker for the Tolkien universe. the pics and trailer seem to be going right back into the visual escape just as we left it.

btw, one would think that a guy with almost 80K posts would realize that there is a movie, music, TV subforum of the lounge, but what can you do? :tongue2:

5. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I get lost in the non football forums, aside from the pofo and music thread.

I really like the feel of the picks, the opening of the Fellowship of the Ring, the first 2 hrs or so, was probably the most enjoyable portion of the film from my pov, from the close knit feel of Hobbiton to Lothlorien', to me that was great film making, it all went downhill once Boromir died imo.

To this day I find the whole Gollum portion of LOTR as the most tiresome portion of a series of films I like.

How could they cut the stuff out from the release that is 100 times better then the Gollum stuff is beyond me.

6. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    as someone that owns the films and watches them on occasion, I find myself fast forwarding through much of Frodo's journey. I was sort of like that in the books. The action and pretty much anything with Gandalf is so compelling for me that I could not wait for the other parts to be over with. The movies captured all of that imo

the first minute of the Fellowship that showed the history pretty much sold me on the whole trilogy. i would like something similar to that in the Hobbit.

the dwarves dont look too bad here. I haven't read the Hobbit in years, so I can't remember the parts I don't like. It is much more of a children's story. I read that Jackson is going to be inserting material that is not in the book, but is in other tales.

7. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    The Hobbit is more light hearted hen LOTR, Gimli was the foil of LoTR and one of the best characters in the series.

"..rich dark beer , and red meat, right off of the bone!..."

maynard likes this.
  8. RonD

RonD New Member

Dec 13, 2011
    There are two parts, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: There and Back Again. The first part is scheduled to be released on December 14, 2012. The second part will be released on December 13, 2013

maynard likes this.