1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Heisman thread

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by Fin-Omenal, Nov 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Very true especially if he domiantes Florida he is a lock I guess its wishful thinking if Stanford won the Pac-10 I wonder if he would have been the favorite.

2. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007

I highly doubt he dominates Florida, But Tebow and Ingram could be playing for the award.

3. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    While not heisman worthy, they need an award for most improved player so Pitt's QB can win it.

4. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Alright well Ingram just played his way off of winning it IMO.

I guess the favorite is McCoy followed by Tebow. Although Suh should win it.

5. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    It will be a crime if Toby Gerhart doesn't win the Heisman. Wow what a player he is.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  6. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Why? Great player but there are a few that deserve it.

7. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Are you kidding me? if he was on Florida or Bama he would be a LOCK. He is playing like the best player in the nation.

I can see McCoy winning it if he has a strong game vs Nebraska but no one has played consistently at the level Gerhart has.

8. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Yes Gerhart should win it. He should be the front runner by a mile at the moment. He'll get screwed, though I hope I'm wrong.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  9. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    If he was on Florida or Bama he would play better defensive teams too. He is a great back don't get me wrong but just cause he gets great stats does not mean he should win. I am not by any means saying he does not deserve to win either. I just think its really close between Ingram, Tebow, McCoy, and Gerhart. He does something that makes them really stick out. It should be close and fun to see who wins. All four deserve it.

I don't understand why he is out in front by a mile. forgive me by the way if I think Mark Ingram is should be right there with him. He only has about 100 more carries than Ingram and Ingram has almost a yard better per carry average. Its alot closer than you guys make it out to be.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  10. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    This will be the tightest race I have seen......If you had to put a gun to my head right now....

Mccoy
    Gerhart
    Ingram
    Tebow

Ofcourse it could be thee exact opposite, the Sec title game will play a huge role in this. Excited to watch a great game next Saturday.

Skeet84 likes this.
  11. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Def. Gerhart.

12. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Because he has more than twice as many touchdowns and leads the nation in rushing. The fact that he has 100 more carries shows they need him more.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  13. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007

So TD's are the reason he should win the Heisman? Your telling me that Texas, Florida, or Bama don't need those players just as much? Will post more later but I got to go!!!!

14. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Yes, just total TDs. :rolleyes: How about also leading the nation in rushing, the numerous consecutive 100 yd games, the multiple 200 yd games, the multiple 3+ TD games, and that he is carrying his team each and every week. That's why he should win it.

Without him Stanford wins maybe 5 games.

You just listed the 3 most talented teams in the country. Even without McCoy, Tebow, or Ingram those teams win at least 8 games still if not more.

I forgot, Tebow's god so he needs to be in the discussion even if he has a ****ty year (for him or any heisman finalist).

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  15. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Exactly.

16. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Gerhart is going to get robbed.
    Posted via Mobile Device

17. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007

Yeah he leads in yards and TD's but he has not played some of the best defensive teams in the country. You again bring up stats like that but you ignore stats like Ingram, McCoy, and Tebow have undeafeted teams. Ingram has almost a 100 less carries than Gerhart and averages almost a full yard more per carry. Not to mention Ingram has more recieving yards and TD's than Gerhart. Mark Ingram is very sorry that he plays for a good team and does have a excellent back-up. Lets punish player that play for better schools.

Stanford may win only 5 games without him but yet again Heisman is going to the best player not the player that effects his team the most.

Donald Buckram of UTEP is putting up amazing numbers too. Buckram is less than 200 yards behind Gerhart in rushing while having more than 300 yards receiving. Buckram is only 5 td's behind Gerhart in total TD's too. So shouldn't he be invited to New York? I mean he is putting up just as good of numbers as Gerhart!!!! He leads Gerhart in total yards and only 5 td's behind him. Please explain how he shoudl not be in Heisman race. His team might not win any games without him . Oh and he has more than a half yard better average per run.

Tebow does not have stats like some others but he effects the game in so many ways. Tebow leads one of the top ruishing attacks in the country! McCoy has 188 more passing attempts than Tebow and only has less than 1200 more yards passing than Tebow. Tebow has played 6 of the best passing defensive teams in the country. He has a better QB rating and more than a yard per attempt more. Tebow deserves to be in the hunt and if he wins it than great. however if he doesn't I won't complain because there are four players very deserving of the award.

18. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    No he shouldn't be invited because he was useless in 33% of UTEPs games. Gerhart has had one "bad" game.

Look at Tebow's two prior years that got him to New York. He is having a bad year. He doesn't deserve it this year. Not tough to look moderately good when you have the most talented offense and maybe the most talented defense in the country and rarely ever have to play from behind.

19. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    So your punishing Buckram for playing for a very poor school and that 33% you speak of came v.s. the likes of Texas. So Gerhart gets credit for playing for a less talented team like Stanford yet when UTEP plays teams like Texas Buckram gets zero credit. Oh Ok I gotcha! :up:

Tebow's prior years also had 2 NFL wr's playing with him. One is going to probably win NFL rookie of the year. The Gators strength this year is one of the best rushing attacks in the nation. Tebow is not having a bad year. Tebow is doing what needs to be done to win games. Just because he does not throw 40 times to get 300 yards passing does not mean he is having a bad year. Yet again your punishing Tebow for playing on a Great team. If the defense was not so good his stats would be alot better yet he does what is needed to win games.

20. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Got it, Demaryius Thomas should win because of the #s he's putting up in a running offense.

21. King Felix

Dec 6, 2007
    is the sec run defenses that much better than pac10s? looking at the stats, alabama has the best run defense in the sec, ingram obviously didnt play them..

florida is the next best and bama hasnt played them yet...meanwhile oregon state, arizona st, arizona, and cal all have better run defenses than the next best sec team....so gerhart has played against better run defenses than georgia who is 3rd in the sec in run defense(bama didnt play them either)

edit:im looking at yards rushed per game.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  22. King Felix

Dec 6, 2007
  23. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Alabama and Florida are both in top 10 in country in running. Those will hurt Defensive stats. Look at the backs in the SEC too. Tate, Hardesty, McCluster, Dixon, and add in Florida and Bama backs. Those backs are going to kill those stats.

24. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007

Obviously you don't get it. Tebow throws and runs. He runs the option and his leadership for the Gators is amazing. He handles the ball almost every play. Thomas just runs routes and makes amazing plays but does not nearly do for Georgia Tech what Tebow does for Gators.

25. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Gerhart is a much tougher runner than Ingram. He is a big bruising back with decent speed. I think he would put up bigger numbers if he was on Bama.

Bottom line no one is more important to their team this season than Gerhart. No one is playing better than Gerhart.

Tebow? no way

Ingram? Not even the best back in the nation.

McCoy? Perhaps the only real threat to Gerhart's Heisman.

Yes I'm on the Gerhart band wagon :tongue2:

Fin-Omenal and Stitches like this.
  26. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Gerhart may be more of a brusier but he is not the best back in the country. Ingram has the whole package and I am sorry he does not get 30 carries a game like Gerhart.

Tebow? Why? You watch Florida games or do you look at the stat sheet? Yeah he does not put up huge numbers like other players but make no mistake about he is one of the greatest college QB's ever.

Ingram? Who is best back in nation? I am not asking who has the best stats but who is the best back in the counrty?

McCoy? McCoy is putting up huge numbers and derserves to be up there along with other three

27. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Stanford would be nothing without Gerhart.

I watch some Florida games and I think he shouldn't win the Heisman due to the fact he isn't playing like the best player in the nation same with McCoy and Ingram.

Gerhart is having the better season than Ingram. I think Bama would be fine if Ingram went down. And Ingram against Auburn killed his chances IMO.

Who has Texas played? Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Baylor all under 200 yards passing. Sorry McCoy is not having a Heisman year IMO Cmon 27 TD's is not getting it done.

Stitches likes this.
  28. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007

Your not really telling me anything other than stats. Yes Gerhart is having a much better year when it comes to stats. I agree. However you are saying since he plays for a team not as good as Texas, Florida, or Alabama that he should win it. It stinks that Stanford is not as good as those other teams but those 4 losses count. Ingram, McCoy, and Tebow have all been in tough games and pulled them out for there teams. I am not saying that Gerhart should not win it cause he deserves it. All four players could win it and derserve to win it.

29. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Stanford pounded USC and Oregon tougher than any team Texas has played. Actually stats do count it was the reason Tebow and Bradford won the Heisman which they had amazing years something Tebow, McCoy, and Ingram don't have. Yes their on teams that are the best in the nation doesn't mean they are the nations best player.

We'll have to agree to disagree I guess.

30. King Felix

Dec 6, 2007
    The pac10 has just as many good runningbacks as the sec...gerhart has rushed against tougher run defenses than ingram
    Posted via Mobile Device

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  31. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    USC has lost to how many teams? Thats not the USC of old and Oregon already has 2 L's too. I am not sure either team has a amazing schedule but not the point. Stats count yeah but they are not everything. Give Ingram 30 carries a game and see what kind of stats he would put up. Like I said in many post all 4 are deserving but you, pete, and Felix make it out to be he is the only one that deserves it. We will agree to disagree. Can't wait to see McCoy, Tebow, and Ingram in a Championship game.

I don't think the Pac 10 has the talent at RB like the SEC this year.

32. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    We'll see what Ingram does against Florida. but I don't think Tebow or McCoy have a shot.

33. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    On this page you said that you thought McCoy had the best shot at Heisman other than Gerhart. Now he has zero shot. Change your mind much?

Ingram or Tebow will get a ton of support if they have a big game in SEC title game. I can see either one winning the game.

34. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I did some rethinking :up:

Ive flip flopped alot this season. I was on the Ingram bandwagon for the longest time then hopped off of it and started to get on the Gerhart bandwagon. I think Colt McCoy gives him the biggest competition from a voting standpoint but I think Gerhart should win it and I'm sticking with that one :lol:

35. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007

ok gotcha. :up:

I think the voting will be alittle closer than you think. SEC title game should tell us alot!!!

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  36. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I have a feeling you will be right but I hope your wrong :lol:

I can't wait for that SEC title game better not be a dud!

37. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007

I can't see either team pulling away and I expect a defensive battle.

38. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    I like Gerhart alot and I WANT him to win, but you cant ignore players who are the backbone of undefeated teams right now. If one of those guys play lights out in the SEC title game and send their team to the national championship game then that player will be the frontrunner. Not in my opinion but its part of the logic voters seem to go by.

Skeet84 likes this.
  39. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    This is true. I am arguing who deserves it, not who'll get it. I already said I don't think Gerhart will get it. Honestly I see Florida and Texas winning next weekend, and it'll be Tebow and McCoy finishing 1 and 2 in the voting (who is first would be a coin flip).

40. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Just so we all know, Gerhart has only gotten 30 carries once this year.