1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The heart has its own unreason

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by maynard, May 8, 2008.

Tags:
  1. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    spengler's latest. a nice read for those interested in the differences between chrisitianity and islam and some of the fundamental natures of each. some of the points here have been fleshed out in previous articles. ill try to point you in the right direction if you have any questions. there is no fair way to quote and snip the article, so i suggest a full reading.

asia times

"A madman is not someone who has lost his reason. A madman is someone who has lost everything but his reason," wrote English writer G K Chesterton, adding, "Poets do not go mad, but chess players do."

The Persians invented chess, but have been prone to madness since Xerxes flagellated the sea for obstructing his failed attempt to invade Greece in the 5th century BC. Today's Persians evince grandmasterly cunning in their maneuvers against America, but are madder than Xerxes. Iran's President Mahmud Ahmadinejad thinks that the Holocaust never happened, that there are no homosexuals in Iran, and that the American cartoon Tom and Jerry is an instrument of Zionist propaganda.

2. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Well, that's demonstrably untrue. There have been many mad poets.

3. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    You cannot go mad if you are already mad. You have to be mad to be a poet ;)

4. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Well, I guess you have to be mad to try to make a living at it, anyway. :D

5. ColoradoPhin

ColoradoPhin New Member

May 4, 2008
    My main problem with Islamic Extremists is they feel that their "God" is only one true prophet and that is Muhammed, or Allah. They try to kill or destroy anyone who believes otherwise. They have twisted the Koran to suit their misguided view of the world and their own spirituality. I think Australia is one of the few smart countries to extradict these Islamic militants and prevent them from immigrating to their country, unlike France, and other countries.