The Great Turnaround is About to Begin...
57 replies
I still remember the reactions I received last year when I posted that our 1-4 team was about to win six straight and make the playoffs at 10-6 or better. You guys blasted me for the good part of a month, even though we kept on winning, and I tried not to be the guy to say "I told you so" even though many of you had no idea what our team was really made of.
I'm going to tell you a little secret. I had some connections within the organization last year and I based that six win prediction on one thing- the reactions in the locker room after losing game five. Our boys weren't sulking around and pouting, they were furious at themselves for pissing away opportunities. Gase was just as angry and fired two linemen to send a message- this is not who we are as a ball club.
This season, I don't have any connections. In fact, I don't even keep up with team media. But I saw that same hunger on the field in the 2nd half today of a team that's ready for some redemption.
I know it seems like we suck at 5-7, but I want to remind you of a few things before we get too far into this. We lost to the Raiders on one of the worst calls of the year, followed by an equally ridiculous call that gave Oakland 75 yards in about 4 seconds. Without those ridiculous gifts from the football Gods, we'd be 6-6 right now. And of course I'm going to mention Tampa next in that flag-fest of a game where the refs robbed us of at least 6 points and a possession- that should have been ours as well and put us at 7-5.
And guess what? 7-5 would have us 6th place in the AFC right now....if we didn't get completely screwed twice in three weeks. It was bad luck, bad officiating, bad execution...that's the only reason it appears that we don't control our own destiny.
The best we could do on this season is 9-7, which may seem impossible at this moment. But remember when the Jets shut us out and it seemed impossible that we'd snap back against them? I just didn't see a team today that's going to yield to NE or anyone. And I think some of the crap in the 2nd half today woke up some sleeping giants within our locker room....I have a feeling that the 2017 Dolphins are about to arrive.
Is it too little, too late? Probably...but that's not why we root for this team. And I'm going to take a leap of faith here and say that we're going to win our next three, drop one to the Chiefs and end the season at a nice, round 8-8. The path to accomplishing that is going to be on the back of our defense and Williams/Drake pounding the football.
That fake punt sucked big-time today because I honestly think that was the game we were going to see today- smashmouth football right up the gut. We were in a big hole so fast though that we didn't get a chance to reclaim our identity...but we will again the Broncos this coming week. Just watch.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
Absolutely LOVE your optimism KeyFin. Glad you can keep that in bad times.
I just prefer to be realistic (at least in my mind!) whatever the circumstances and I see a team that's just playing crappy under a coach that doesn't seem to know how to fix the problem(s). We might beat Denver (boy.. if we lose to them the floodgates of criticism for Gase should open), but I don't at all see 8-8 based on how we've played so far.
And you're right about how well you predicted last season, but let's not forget your predictions this season (made before the season) were pretty off target. Not that that's anything to be ashamed of.. it's hard to predict these things.
"cbrad wrote:
Absolutely LOVE your optimism KeyFin. Glad you can keep that in bad times.
I just prefer to be realistic (at least in my mind!) whatever the circumstances and I see a team that's just playing crappy under a coach that doesn't seem to know how to fix the problem(s). We might beat Denver (boy.. if we lose to them the floodgates of criticism for Gase should open), but I don't at all see 8-8 based on how we've played so far.
And you're right about how well you predicted last season, but let's not forget your predictions this season (made before the season) were pretty off target. Not that that's anything to be ashamed of.. it's hard to predict these things.
My predictions this year were based on Tannehill starting...you know as well as I do that everything goes out the window when QB1 is out for the season.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"KeyFin wrote:
My predictions this year were based on Tannehill starting...you know as well as I do that everything goes out the window when QB1 is out for the season.
No I mean your predictions after Cutler was signed. They were pretty rosy if I remember correctly.
"cbrad wrote:
No I mean your predictions after Cutler was signed. They were pretty rosy if I remember correctly.
I made my prediction for the year before RT got hurt. I did think we could have a good season under Cutler based on what we were told, but it's plainly obvious that he doesn't know the offense. Add in Ajayi and Parker disappointing due to poor work ethic and it is what it is...we were betting on horses that weren't even leaving the starting gates.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"KeyFin wrote:
I made my prediction for the year before RT got hurt. I did think we could have a good season under Cutler based on what we were told, but it's plainly obvious that he doesn't know the offense. Add in Ajayi and Parker disappointing due to poor work ethic and it is what it is...we were betting on horses that weren't even leaving the starting gates.
No I'm talking about this thread:
https://thephins.com/threads/my-season-prediction.91664/
That was after the Cutler signing as one can tell because you said you think he'd win comeback player of the year award. Your season prediction was at worst 9-7 if Moore had to start 6 games, but if Cutler remained healthy it was 11-5 or 12-4. And you predicted the playoffs.
Look.. nothing to be ashamed of making predictions.. just saying this was all AFTER we signed Cutler.
"cbrad wrote:
No I'm talking about this thread:
https://thephins.com/threads/my-season-prediction.91664/That was after the Cutler signing as one can tell because you said you think he'd win comeback player of the year award. Your season prediction was at worst 9-7 if Moore had to start 6 games, but if Cutler remained healthy it was 11-5 or 12-4. And you predicted the playoffs.
Look.. nothing to be ashamed of making predictions.. just saying this was all AFTER we signed Cutler.
And that was based on camp saying Cutler knew the entire playbook, he wasn't that bad out of shape and Parker was dominating in practice. Two of those three things were obviously lies....and the 3rd was a mirage.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"KeyFin wrote:
I still remember the reactions I received last year when I posted that our 1-4 team was about to win six straight and make the playoffs at 10-6 or better. You guys blasted me for the good part of a month, even though we kept on winning, and I tried not to be the guy to say "I told you so" even though many of you had no idea what our team was really made of.
I'm going to tell you a little secret. I had some connections within the organization last year and I based that six win prediction on one thing- the reactions in the locker room after losing game five. Our boys weren't sulking around and pouting, they were furious at themselves for pissing away opportunities. Gase was just as angry and fired two linemen to send a message- this is not who we are as a ball club.
This season, I don't have any connections. In fact, I don't even keep up with team media. But I saw that same hunger on the field in the 2nd half today of a team that's ready for some redemption.
I know it seems like we suck at 5-7, but I want to remind you of a few things before we get too far into this. We lost to the Raiders on one of the worst calls of the year, followed by an equally ridiculous call that gave Oakland 75 yards in about 4 seconds. Without those ridiculous gifts from the football Gods, we'd be 6-6 right now. And of course I'm going to mention Tampa next in that flag-fest of a game where the refs robbed us of at least 6 points and a possession- that should have been ours as well and put us at 7-5.
And guess what? 7-5 would have us 6th place in the AFC right now....if we didn't get completely screwed twice in three weeks. It was bad luck, bad officiating, bad execution...that's the only reason it appears that we don't control our own destiny.
The best we could do on this season is 9-7, which may seem impossible at this moment. But remember when the Jets shut us out and it seemed impossible that we'd snap back against them? I just didn't see a team today that's going to yield to NE or anyone. And I think some of the crap in the 2nd half today woke up some sleeping giants within our locker room....I have a feeling that the 2017 Dolphins are about to arrive.
Is it too little, too late? Probably...but that's not why we root for this team. And I'm going to take a leap of faith here and say that we're going to win our next three, drop one to the Chiefs and end the season at a nice, round 8-8. The path to accomplishing that is going to be on the back of our defense and Williams/Drake pounding the football.
That fake punt sucked big-time today because I honestly think that was the game we were going to see today- smashmouth football right up the gut. We were in a big hole so fast though that we didn't get a chance to reclaim our identity...but we will again the Broncos this coming week. Just watch.
We are 4-7.
"KeyFin wrote:
I still remember the reactions I received last year when I posted that our 1-4 team was about to win six straight and make the playoffs at 10-6 or better. You guys blasted me for the good part of a month, even though we kept on winning, and I tried not to be the guy to say "I told you so" even though many of you had no idea what our team was really made of.
I'm going to tell you a little secret. I had some connections within the organization last year and I based that six win prediction on one thing- the reactions in the locker room after losing game five. Our boys weren't sulking around and pouting, they were furious at themselves for pissing away opportunities. Gase was just as angry and fired two linemen to send a message- this is not who we are as a ball club.
This season, I don't have any connections. In fact, I don't even keep up with team media. But I saw that same hunger on the field in the 2nd half today of a team that's ready for some redemption.
I know it seems like we suck at 5-7, but I want to remind you of a few things before we get too far into this. We lost to the Raiders on one of the worst calls of the year, followed by an equally ridiculous call that gave Oakland 75 yards in about 4 seconds. Without those ridiculous gifts from the football Gods, we'd be 6-6 right now. And of course I'm going to mention Tampa next in that flag-fest of a game where the refs robbed us of at least 6 points and a possession- that should have been ours as well and put us at 7-5.
And guess what? 7-5 would have us 6th place in the AFC right now....if we didn't get completely screwed twice in three weeks. It was bad luck, bad officiating, bad execution...that's the only reason it appears that we don't control our own destiny.
The best we could do on this season is 9-7, which may seem impossible at this moment. But remember when the Jets shut us out and it seemed impossible that we'd snap back against them? I just didn't see a team today that's going to yield to NE or anyone. And I think some of the crap in the 2nd half today woke up some sleeping giants within our locker room....I have a feeling that the 2017 Dolphins are about to arrive.
Is it too little, too late? Probably...but that's not why we root for this team. And I'm going to take a leap of faith here and say that we're going to win our next three, drop one to the Chiefs and end the season at a nice, round 8-8. The path to accomplishing that is going to be on the back of our defense and Williams/Drake pounding the football.
That fake punt sucked big-time today because I honestly think that was the game we were going to see today- smashmouth football right up the gut. We were in a big hole so fast though that we didn't get a chance to reclaim our identity...but we will again the Broncos this coming week. Just watch.
I would rather go 4-12 and have better draft picks and hopefully a new GM making those picks.Whats the point in going 8-8?
"pumpdogs wrote:
I would rather go 4-12 and have better draft picks and hopefully a new GM making those picks.Whats the point in going 8-8?
in 2011 we had complete control of drafting Luck and then Matt Moore went on a run.
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of mine and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the website
"dirtylandry wrote:
in 2011 we had complete control of drafting Luck and then Matt Moore went on a run.
Oh yea I remember that.I kept getting bashed for not being a true fan because I wanted to lose out when playoffs were lost.
I guess nobody gets taking 1 step back to take 2 forward.
They are losing out this year. Gase doesn't like Tannehill after the stunt he pulled with his voodoo and the knee. It sabotaged the season and Gase's good fortune with the media and fans. Gase is going for a QB in this draft.
Don't throw to Venus on a Spider-3 Y-Banana
All I can say is wow, you certainly are an eternal optimist.
I don't even want that miracle you're proposing. I'll take my high draft picks and a shake up of the front office, instead of being humiliated in yet another 1 and done in the playoffs.
Does that mean I'll root against Miami, actually no. However, as much as I know in my heart that is the better thing long term, I can't bring myself to root against the Fins, and would be on board cheering (for the moment.)
Actually, what you propose is ideal and seems very Dolphin-esque karma to keep us at perpetual mediocrity to sub-par level. I've never been much for instant gratification. Must be the conservative in me. Hire some people or person that knows what they are doing, and in 2-3 years we could be a real contender for a decade. That's more along the lines of what I want.
Formerly known as IdrA,
formerly known as Kud.
"KeyFin wrote:
I still remember the reactions I received last year when I posted that our 1-4 team was about to win six straight and make the playoffs at 10-6 or better. You guys blasted me for the good part of a month, even though we kept on winning, and I tried not to be the guy to say "I told you so" even though many of you had no idea what our team was really made of.
I'm going to tell you a little secret. I had some connections within the organization last year and I based that six win prediction on one thing- the reactions in the locker room after losing game five. Our boys weren't sulking around and pouting, they were furious at themselves for pissing away opportunities. Gase was just as angry and fired two linemen to send a message- this is not who we are as a ball club.
This season, I don't have any connections. In fact, I don't even keep up with team media. But I saw that same hunger on the field in the 2nd half today of a team that's ready for some redemption.
I know it seems like we suck at 5-7, but I want to remind you of a few things before we get too far into this. We lost to the Raiders on one of the worst calls of the year, followed by an equally ridiculous call that gave Oakland 75 yards in about 4 seconds. Without those ridiculous gifts from the football Gods, we'd be 6-6 right now. And of course I'm going to mention Tampa next in that flag-fest of a game where the refs robbed us of at least 6 points and a possession- that should have been ours as well and put us at 7-5.
And guess what? 7-5 would have us 6th place in the AFC right now....if we didn't get completely screwed twice in three weeks. It was bad luck, bad officiating, bad execution...that's the only reason it appears that we don't control our own destiny.
The best we could do on this season is 9-7, which may seem impossible at this moment. But remember when the Jets shut us out and it seemed impossible that we'd snap back against them? I just didn't see a team today that's going to yield to NE or anyone. And I think some of the crap in the 2nd half today woke up some sleeping giants within our locker room....I have a feeling that the 2017 Dolphins are about to arrive.
Is it too little, too late? Probably...but that's not why we root for this team. And I'm going to take a leap of faith here and say that we're going to win our next three, drop one to the Chiefs and end the season at a nice, round 8-8. The path to accomplishing that is going to be on the back of our defense and Williams/Drake pounding the football.
That fake punt sucked big-time today because I honestly think that was the game we were going to see today- smashmouth football right up the gut. We were in a big hole so fast though that we didn't get a chance to reclaim our identity...but we will again the Broncos this coming week. Just watch.
Love the optimism. Not going to harsh your mellow on your thread.
QUIT WALKING TOWARDS THE CAMERA! https://streamable.com/59t0
i prefer we lose out get a better draft and schedule next year. would also force ownership to address the state of the team 8-8 9-7 would keep the status quo and that’s not enough to win the division and compete for the championship
"Dorfdad wrote:
i prefer we lose out get a better draft and schedule next year. would also force ownership to address the state of the team 8-8 9-7 would keep the status quo and that’s not enough to win the division and compete for the championship
Well after yesterdays game we are clearly in no position to fight for the division lol
Think we beat the jets and maybe sweep the bills. The other two games I'm not sure about


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
W
"adamprez2003 wrote:
Think we beat the jets and maybe sweep the bills. The other two games I'm not sure about
We aleady played the jets twice.We have the bills twice,broncos,chiefs,and pats.
"pumpdogs wrote:
W
We aleady played the jets twice.We have the bills twice,broncos,chiefs,and pats.
we lose to bills there and KC based off the weather it being cold and the fact we suck.
we lose the pats well just because its the pats and they beat us by 18 and not much can change in 2 weeks.
Denver and maybe splitting with the bills, is about the only ones I see us winning but its a far stretch but if your only going to win 2 of 5 lose em all
"bigballa2102 wrote:
we lose to bills there and KC based off the weather it being cold and the fact we suck.
we lose the pats well just because its the pats and they beat us by 18 and not much can change in 2 weeks.Denver and maybe splitting with the bills, is about the only ones I see us winning but its a far stretch but if your only going to win 2 of 5 lose em all
Yea I think the bills sweep us but we beat broncos.
I posted before the year that the Dolphins would likely go 6-10 or at best 7-9 and that was before Tannehill went down for the season.
I felt the defense would be a bottom tier defense and the OL would continue to be a major weakness.
Both of these factors have turned out to be true and an average QB, which is basically what Tannehill is, isn’t good enough to overcome the severe lack of talent to this years roster.
"jw3102 wrote:
I posted before the year that the Dolphins would likely go 6-10 or at best 7-9 and that was before Tannehill went down for the season.
I felt the defense would be a bottom tier defense and the OL would continue to be a major weakness.
Both of these factors have turned out to be true and and average QB, which is basically what Tannehill is, isn’t good enough to overcome the severe lack of talent to this years roster.
I said w RT we would be lucky to go 8-8 I also seen us at 6-10.
"pumpdogs wrote:
Yea I think the bills sweep us but we beat broncos.
I drank the kool aid and was thinking 11-5 and now I am choking on it hoping for 4-12.
No Ajayi, no run. Tannehill never would’ve had that great stretch without him.
i keep seeing people posting we have no talent and that’s absurd. we have three big name wideouts a pro bowl center, suh and wake on the defense and hard hitting Rashad Jones with Kiko alonsio and more players that are impact players and this team can’t get them to produce. the problem isn’t all talent we got shit coaching from top down and our coordinators are the worst! includ g Gase as a Play caller.