1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The good within the bad . . .

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by cobrajet, Sep 27, 2010.

Tags:

What did we most improve on during the Jets game?

Poll closed Oct 7, 2010.
  1. Productive 3rd Qtr?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Opening up the offense?

66.7%
  3. Letting Henne throw at will?

33.3%
  1. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    Sometimes a loss can provide positives even though the end result isn't favorable. This is the case for this loss.

-For the first time this year we had a very productive 3rd qtr

-For the first time this year we opened up the offense.

-For the first time this year we let Henne throw the ball at will

Look on the bright side - which was our greatest improvement....? This isn't the end of the world, and we will do nothing but improve. This team will bounce back and be better for it. Next time we play the Jets - we'll pulverize them.

2. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    But we still lost the game.
    Improvements only mean something if you do them consistently.
    Every game is different.
    Also I don't consider opening it up an improvement unless you win games doing it.
    That's not the case

Agua and LandShark13 like this.
  3. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    No one likes a loss, but good offensive experiments can be made for future game because of it. They discovered Penicillin, by accident - remember? :wink2: This team and it's coaching staff now knows what they are capable of and they can change this accordingly. So we lost one game, the season is a marathon not a sprint. It'll be ok dude.

4. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    We looked like we came out of the tunnel flat, I am glad to see that they changed that after the 1/2. Finally we had a good 3rd qtr.

5. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    As I've been saying since he took over for Pennington...Henne can play. He proved it last season in a handful of games where he needed to throw a lot and he moved the offense well in all of those games...and he proved it again last night. When the ball is in his hands all game he makes things happen. So awesome to watch.

6. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    It was an improvement, there's no doubt about it. It's not like they opened it up, and Henne threw for 150 yards, no tds, and 4 picks. He went for almost 400 yards, 2 tds, and one pick at the end. Defense and special teams cost us the game, so I'm saying that opening up the offense was a good thing. Maybe it will give Henning the confidence to call more appropriate plays in situations, and it definitely put the league on notice that the Dolphins aren't one dimensional.

Everyone needs to get a grip. It was ONE loss, in a knock-down fistfight of a game. We were going to lose a game, or 5. Get off the ledge, its not the end of the world.

7. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    I'm not on the edge of a cliff. I've watched this team lose SB's so this is small in comparison. My point is that airing it out proves nothing if you don't win the game. We had years of Marino doing that and it got us nowhere.
    Just like the defense. They were brilliant in the first two games and laid the proverbial egg last night. Once again it's not an improvement unless you do it on a consistent basis. My guess is we will come out next week play good defense score 17 points and win the game and everyone will be griping again that Henne didn't put on a big show and we are too conservative. It is a funny thing that a lot of the fanbase was pacified with a moral victory because Henne had big numbers.I don't get it. There are a lot of apologists here because the passing numbers were so gaudy.

8. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    I hate losing, but that was a good game. I don't understand a few things we did defensively, but the passing game looked very good. The running game, eh. I saw enough to know that the Jets and the Dolphins are very closely matched and this will be a battle between us for the division.

We are going to kill the Pats on Monday.

9. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I think we improved our ability to get some chunk passing plays. I think we regressed in our ability to run effectively and defend the run.

10. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    There are plenty of people around here acting like the season is over cause of one loss. I'm not "apologizing" for anything. The offense played great, IMO, and the defense and special teams sucked balls. There's no reason, however, to let poor play by the defense and special teams color your impression of how the offense played. We lost the game, and that sucks. However, Henne threw for 350+ yards and 2 tds against one of the toughest defenses in he league (even withou Revis). If that doesn't impress you, then your being willfully negative, and trying like hell to bag on the players.

11. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    No, it isn't. We lost a division game at home on national TV. Nothing good came from it.

Killerphins likes this.
  12. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    Well since we cannot seemed to get passed this loss, lets all cut the players heads off and mail them to the Commissioner of Football.

We can do that or we can learn from it and get ready for New England who will be in just a few days looking to beat us silly. It's time to find the bright spots and move on.

13. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    WE can't do anything. WE are not the front office. WE don't get to hire, fire or lecture anyone involved with the team.