1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The good, The bad, and The Ugly

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by cobrajet, Aug 15, 2010.

Tags:
  1. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    -The Good-
    -Nate Ness -Tyler Thigpen -Paul Soliai -Brandon Fields -Pat Turner -Sean Smith

-The Bad-
    -The weather -Our penalties -Field conditions

-The Ugly-
    -Ronnie Brown: returning from a broken foot and carrying the ball with 45 seconds left in the first half in the worst field conditions ever? Are they trying to re-injure him?

-Pat White: asked only to run out the clock with 2 minutes left? It ain’t looking good for him on Sept 12th.

-Brandon Marshall: dropping balls. (gee, I guess he’s only human after all)

This one was ugly, but forgivable. For a team with much new talent, playing in crappy weather, and on our first pre-season game.

:wink2: Fear not guys :wink2:

2. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    every cloud has a silver lining
    & next week they can redeem themselves
    lot to work on between now & then...

the good:
    1) Solai & Crowder (MVP's)
    2) Ronnie Brown
    3) John Jerry held his ground
    4) no injuries

finyank13, Larryfinfan and cobrajet like this.
  3. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    White only has to worry if hes asked to do that again next week. They may swithc their roles and have white play most the 2nd half next week. We'll see.

all in all i think the game was just a waste of time. Theres no way we got real evaluations of the players and the same goes for the bucs. both teams coaches can't really put much stock into the film and i wouldn't be shocked if the coaches even told them "This weather sucks, don't over-do it out there and get hurt."

4. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    I think after the start Henne had, the coach wanted to get a better look @ Thigpen playing under the same conditions. Pat White w/ a victim of circumstance not forgetfulness in this game. He missed the boat because of the need to compare Thigpen & Henne on a very bad day. Thigpen became a barometer for inclement weather & disorganization, an instrument of coaching evaluation after the first quarter debacle. it w/a smart coaching move, nothing more. White should see some real playing time next game.

5. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    All totaled there were a lot of shinning moments out there in the mud, but they were the kind that needed to be obvious, and not evaluated. However, putting Ronnie Brown in those conditions, for that long, when he just recovered from a season ending injury was possibly the dumbest coaching move imaginable.

Sparano is evaluating his talent, but who is evaluating him? That was pretty damn dumb IMHO

6. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    better to know now than game four of the regular season if the guy can run & take a hit. I think it w/ the only reasonable decision to make under the circumstances. should see much less of Ronnie during the remainder of the preseason. football is contact sport, you risk injury every time & anywhere you make contact. had to put Browns legs to an early test. can't set to sea in a damaged ship

7. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    sparano explained why white didnt play, i dont know why all you guys have to make a such big deal out of this, we just didnt had enough plays on offense and the plays that were slotted to go to thigpen just went late into the 4th, if its the same next week, maybe we have something cookin

MrClean likes this.
  8. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I would take out Turner and insert Moore.

the 23rd likes this.
  9. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Sparano explained why White didn't play...yeah....coachspeak. The situations faced in the game dictated that they deviate from their original plan...maybe. It may be that they also thought that putting their golden child White in there, knowing that he continues to struggle, would make him look even worse than he has been...

I don't care one way or the other. White will get his opportunities, I just hope that his being the #44 overall pick a year ago doesn't sway them from evaluating him for the talent they see now....

10. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

The coaches likely had it preplanned that Thigpen would get the brunt of the backup work at QB this week, then White get it next week. That is how they have done it in the past.

djphinfan likes this.
  11. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    Yep, you are probably right. :up:

12. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    For what its worth I was really very impressed with Thigpen last year and I would even put him in the league with Henne. He has proven that he can play and start for almost any team with very little adjustment period.

Thigpen has nothing to lose and everything to gain, and I secretly wonder who is quaking in their shoes more Henne or White? I feel that if we lose Thigpen it would be a grave mistake. One that we will regret down the road. Don't believe me? Ask yourself one question: if Henne goes down, who would you rather see take over? White who will get his legs broken or Pennington who can't throw more than 20 yards? I think Henne, Thigpen and Pennington stay on the team, and in that order.

Of course, that's just one guys opinion, I am sure there are hundreds of others.

13. KingofMiami

KingofMiami FINS ARE KING

Jan 29, 2010
    miami fl
    :lol:so what if brandon drops the ball a few times. Michael Jordan didn't always made shots. he missed alot of shots as well.