1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the front office

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by the 23rd, Aug 12, 2009.

1. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Was thinking last night about our beloved MiamiDophins & what an out standing job the NewRegime has done in so short a period of time:

1) they put together a FrontOffice & CoachingCadre that is not only, one of the most talented in the NFL but all on the same page w/ no personality conflicts. they are one is spirit, direction & mind. 2) the NewRegime built the trenches on both sides of the ball, then made incredibly courageous (some fans thought outrageous) cuts to the roster, beginning their search for new talent in all the strangest places. yes, literally looked under every rock & set about finding any acorns that had fallen from the NFL Tree. two (much criticized, however, professionally conducted) Drafts & FreeAgencies coupled with brilliant coaching & a new philosophy imposed upon the SickMan of the AFC created the NewFranchise & new team to beat, our AFCE Champions, the NewMiamiDolphins. 3) something to think about from the business end: the front office is responsible for bringing top tier players @ bargain basement prices to the Franchise: a) Pennington b) Crowder c) Jason Taylor d) Ricky Williams. e) Bess F) Camarillo g) Donald Thomas h) L. Polite i) Anthony Fasano J) Ferguson k) Randy Starks l) Wake, they also picked up Terry Glenn as a Mentor/Coach, paying him as an "intern coach. What a deal:Pennington + Glenn+ WR coaching staff to coach up our WR-Corp! 4) there have been very few set-backs due to bad decisions made by the NewRegime. could question Wilford & both Murphy & Hilliard are yet to make their mark, although, Murphy seems to be stepping up as I write this thread.

It all looks very good to me. yes, even as we defend the AFCE & are in the hunt for our first SuperBowl, we still need help @ NT & ILB but what we have will serve us well this year & BillParcells & Co will resolve those issues w/o missing a beat in next year's draft & FreeAgency.
    GoFish!:dolphin:

2. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Bill Parcells was ready to put together a championship FO when he left Dallas. Wayne H. had the foresight to not insist Bill coach, rather to let Bill enjoy the fun part without the pressure, and put together the right staff and FO to build a championship caliber team, and that is what we are turning into.

This is only going to get better folks, and WOW, look how far we've come from 1-15! :up:

Great post, dead on IMHO.

3. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    I have a feeling that Hillard is going to tear it up this pre-season, but we won't be able to keep him because of Ronnie, Ricky and Cobbs. We will try to put him on the practice squad but I have a feeling another team will gobble him up. Its sad, but its going to happen IMO.

4. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I hate to rain on the parade but here are some rebuttals...

1) Parcells has already tried to quit once, and probably will be gone after this season.
    How much impact does he really have on the rebuilding of the franchise ?? We'll find out next year...
    2) Pennington falling into their/our laps was a stroke of luck...nothing more. Would we be talking the same way about this regime if we'd have had to endure a McCown/Beck/Rookie QB quandary thru the season last year ??
    3) Wilford was a big gaffe....a $6 M dollar gaffe, in fact. That can't be dismissed totally.
    4) Credit the staff for seeing that Fergy had as much gas left in the tank as he has shown so far, but that was a very courageous/risky move, even though it only cost a minor draft pick...Fasano showed some signs of being that guy, but he's still inconsistent.
    5) Crowder and Williams were here already. They mishandled the JT thing last offseason. Cammy and Thomas have been hurt much of the time with this group (BTW, Cammy was here already also). Starks was nothing more than a rotational guy, which was needed, but not a starter. Bess and Polite were hits, for sure.
    6) The WR corps certainly improved, but we still don't know for sure that Ginn is our #1. Cammy showed some great stuff, but how will his rehab go with the ACL ?? Bess is good, but really as a #3, nothing more. He's too slow to be a #1, his route running isn't good enough for a #2...but he's pretty good in the slot... After that, who do we have...two rookies and some camp fodder guys (that were mostly here before this regime came along)...I'm not too enamored with our WR coaches as some are just yet...they all improved, but none excelled and the basic same questions we had last year are still here....

We have a long way to go yet. We had a nice year last year but it's almost certain it we won't be surprising anyone this season and we have a much tougher schedule. They did a lot with questionable talent, no doubt. If they can repeat the same type of year this coming season, then we can anoint them the next coming, but it's way too early in the rebuild process to expect a championship this season...let's all temper what happened last year and what we acquired this year before we too excited...

5. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Friend ucfFinatic:
    might carry an extra RB if Hilliard can make his mark on Special Teams
    that's where he'll have to make his bones to survive the cut
    the intention is to be a run-first team & a little added depth wouldn't surprise me

Friend Larryfinfan:

1) rebuttals & new ideas are where it's at when posting the forum. no rain falling on parades.
    2) Pennington had been released & condemned to obscurity by the Jets. every team in the NFL had the opportunity to scoop him up. Bill Parcells was the one that did & was the one who had originally brought him into the NFL. Bill drafted him for the Jets & was quick to pick him up for Miami. Don't see that as falling into his lap exactly. How about: Ricky, Fasano, Taylor, Camarillo, Bess, Crowder, Thomas, Polite, Wake, Ferguson, Starks & Terry Glenn willing to work for the salary of an intern coach to be with the Dolphins? Did they just fall into his lap @ garage sale prices too? I don't know, sometimes better to be lucky then good.
    3) Wilford looks like a bonafide mistake. However, the fat lady hasn't sung yet. If Martin(also a large WR converted to TE)is not ready to go & Wilford is, who knows how it will turn out.
    4) Yes, I credit the NewRegime with everything positive that has happened since their arrival.
    5) negotiations via BillParcells & Co are responsible for these quality players being on the team at cut rate prices
    6) the Recieving Corp will be coached up by Pennington & Glenn & the excellent WR coaching staff. our WR's will step up as our running game takes hold behind the Orca-5

it all looks good to me:party:

TiP54 likes this.