1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fake Spike, 20 Years Later (Article)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finfansince72, Nov 27, 2014.

1. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-dolphins-unforgettable-victory-new-york-jets

Good article on ESPN about the Fake Spike play, the come back in that game, good quotes from people involved in the game. Certainly one of the biggest moments from Marino's career and timely with the Jests game this week :lol:

Love this quote from Shula:

"You never know when it's going to come up, but it has come up through the years at a lot of different events. It's a play everybody enjoys reminiscing about, keeping it alive. I enjoy talking about it, but never with Jets fans. I don't talk to Jets fans in South Florida. Or in New York. Or in the United States." -Shula

Bless you Shula, you will always be the man.

Article is worth a read if you saw that play live and remember it or just want to see what the big deal was about that play.

2. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    That was freakin awesome! Thank you. Made me go back and watch YouTube videos of that game and read the comments. I'll never forget the way I felt after watching that game.