1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The effect of one recruit

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by my 2 cents, Jan 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. my 2 cents

my 2 cents Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    NC Mountains
    I watched the HS AA Bowl and some videos of this player...and I keep being drawn back to watching it again ...almost to verify what I think I am seeing.....and....either Oregon or Miami (hopefully Miami).....is a NC contender within 2 years if one recruit stays healthy and attends their school. He is that good.

I told another member here I have watched HS/CFB/NFL/CFL/WFL for a lot of years...25 plus years...and I have seen 5 guys that could play in the NFL immediately after HS graduation and not embarass themselves....Scot Brantley, Deion Sanders, Hershel Walker, D'quan Bowers and now....Bryce Brown.
    This is the most complete HS back I have ever seen including Herschel Walker.

This kids is 235, plays like a 4.4 40 guy but timed at 4.32 (@230 lbs), strong as an ox, blocks like a LT, has great hands, but what sets him apart is his vision, moves, understanding of setting up blocks and instincts...and he can run with power.

This kid is a future top 3 NFL pick if he stays healthy...

All IMO but if you watch this kid it is hard not to have the same opinion ... there is simply nothing this kid does not do, every part of his game and tools is off the chart good...

I am a Cane Fan and I cannot believe we may (MAY!!!) get this kid...kids like this go to other schools...not the teams I root for............This kid or Herschel Walker may be the best HS football players I have EVER seen........in in the last 30 years........since I was 15 years old.....

this kid is worth taking the time to watch on you tube or whatever video you find.........................

gafinfan likes this.
  2. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    He is a monster.

3. joeydolfan

joeydolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth

I have not watched enough High School ball in my lifetime to be able to make a call like that, but I do agree Bryce is everything the U has been missing the past few seasons at tailback. Cooper and James are average at best, but they are not big backs with speed who can also ring a linebacker or a defensive backs bell on inside runs.

Bryce is a beast, big, fast and great vision. I still think the pull of being with his brother will keep him in our upcoming class. But that does not mean I won't be holding my breathe until he signs his LOI in February.

4. my 2 cents

Dec 10, 2007
    NC Mountains
    I agree and me too JD.....He is a program changer. I was extremely...extremely impressed and was trying to hold my enthusiasm with him after watching videos against Kansas competition....but then seeing him in live in the AA game....I was absolutely blown away..like I said 30 years I have watched and I have never seen a more complete HS back....I saw Herschel at Johnson county HS and Herschel rivals him in my book as a runner but I still think Brown has better instincts and wiggle than Walker did in HS....and Walker was the best I personally ever saw ... until I saw Bryce Brown.....man I hope his commitment holds............and the total package ...hands, blocking, etc...I would pick Brown over Walker without hesitation out of HS.

5. joeydolfan

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth

Herschel was an animal back in the day for the Bulldogs and if you believe he is better coming out of High School then that is high praise indeed. I really think Bryce sticks, but like I said, will hold my breathe until Feb 2nd.

Between Bryce, James and Lamar Miller, these are the types of bigger backs with speed we have been missing sorely for a few years now. Lesean McCoy reneging on his Miami commit after having to spend a year at prep school really hurt. Losing Berry, who we very heavily recruited to Tennessee hurt that much more. He is an absolute specimen at Safety for the Vols.

Those are the kind of program changers we need, got a few in last years class, just need to keep bringing them in.

6. my 2 cents

Dec 10, 2007
    NC Mountains
    Yeah JD .... Forston, Spence, Benjamin, Aldarius, Brandon Harris, Arthur Brown, Telmaque are all very good players IMHO last year...and Miller, Washington, Brandon McGee, Harper are all stand outs this year...but Bryce Brown is just at another level...and it is not even close ...IMHO...........

7. joeydolfan

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth
    Rumor is that Harper may not have the grades again this year. Sucks if true.