1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Dolphins Totem Pole

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ac_lanham, Dec 22, 2007.

1. ac_lanham

ac_lanham Junior Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Sorry if this has been dissected in another thread, but I wanted to see it with my own eyes. With the hiring of Bill Parcells how does the front office and organizational staff now look? Does Bryan Wiedmeier now report to Bill Parcells? Does Parcells report to Wiedmeier? Are they equal on the totem pole, but with Parcells handling the football and Bryan and Joe Bailey handling the business side of the team? Speaking of Bailey, will him and Wiedmeier serve any purpose with the Dolphins with the arrival of the Tuna? How does that work? Can someone please elaborate and clarify for me? Thanks.

2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Parcells reports to Huizenga, not Wiedmeier. Wiedmeier has never been very involved in football operations anyway, so he's unaffected by Parcells' hiring. Wiedmeier is more involved in the salary cap and money management than anything else.

Parcells is effectively the highest and final authority when it comes to football decisions. Wayne won't interfere, Wiedmeier won't interfere. Parcells is the Supreme Tiki Football God of the Miami Dolphins.

3. FinsPensFan

FinsPensFan Professional Slacker

Dec 21, 2007
    Wheeling, WV
    That's the way I see it too. All football decisions will go through Bill.