1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Day of the Rack

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Pauly, Aug 25, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    Just celebrated The Day of the Rack down here in Australia today.

For those of you who don't know, what The Day of the Rack is I'll let David Attenborough describe it.

"As Fall closes in and daytime temperatures start to fall The Racks start growing their winter plumage of sweaters, cardigans, suits and cleavages are obscured by scarves."

FX: Wind howling and the pitter patter of rain.
    Screen shows little bird shivering in the rain.

"Once winter sets in the glorious spectacle of boobies is sadly gone and no one knows when they'll re-appear again. It is a dark time and a depressing time for rack conniseurs"

FX: Meloncholy music
    Screen: Trees shedding leaves.

"However, the racks are not gone but are merely hibernating"

Screen: Bears hibernating

"Eventually however something wonderful happens. Warm air is heated in the tropics and when it reaches a sufficient mass and with wind in the right direction ...

FX: escalating chords, low wind noises
    Screen: Satellite shot of warm air masses circling in the tropics.

"The warm air is gradually forced from the tropics heating the Earth beneath it and reaches civilisation. And there is the first genuinely warm day after Winter"

FX: Fanfare for the Common Man
    Screen: Travelling shots of the journey the warm wind has made.

"The racks shed their winter plumage and are seen for the first time in long months. A day that many had feared would never come. Now if you look here you can see that this rack is a little shy and is just peeping out, but over here is one that is bouncing about out in the open. Cleavage that was unseen is now spotted in abundance. It is one of nature's minor miracles, and one that we men are profoundly glad for."

Screen: The Ladies Lounge.

late again and phinnhedd like this.
  2. TokyoFishFan

TokyoFishFan New Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Tokyo!
    :worthless:
    :worthless:

3. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    I get to see it all in living colour, and close enough to reach and touch if I wanted to spend the next 15 years in jail. I don't need pics.