1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by finsincebirth, Jul 18, 2008.

Tags:
  1. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    So I went to the midnight screening of the movie and I absolutely loved it. At first I thought the beginning was a bit slow, but it got moving and was fine after that. Heath Ledger as the joker was incredible, and it was definitely the best performance of his life. The joker was funny (the magic trick), but also terrifying in the way that he was sadistic and would stop at nothing to terroize the people. He really comes off as a lunatic There was only one thing that dissapointed me however, and that was only a tiny amount.

I think it lived up to the hype, and will be the best movie of the year.

I was dissapointed that they kileld of Dent at the end, because Two-Face is such a great villian possibilty. I feel Two-Face got the same treatment as Venom. Build up the character for the entire movie, then give the actual villian small face time before killing him off.

The actual disfigured face took me back quite a bit, becasue it was not what I had been expecting. I thought it would just be hideous scars and burn tissue, but to see through the face was something else. I didn't like it at first but it began to grow on me

What did you guys think?

And thoughts on the villian for the third movie

As I said earlier I thought Two-Face would live longer than he did, thus making him the full villian for the third movie. In all actuality I thought Batman would kill the joker at the end. But, Nolan and company went the opposite way keeping Joker alive and killing Dent. It seems to me that they had planned on keeping Heath as the Joker for another film. However with his death they probably have to go in another direction.

The can either bring Dent back to life, comic book characters are notorious for dying and reviving, or they can find a new villian. They've used scarecrow, joker and two-face already leaving villians such as the riddler, penguin, cat-woman, poison ivy, mr. freeze and any others I can't think of.

I would like to see the cat-woman be the next villian, and I think considering the dark tone of the films a dark saddistic cat-woman would be a great villian. Had Nolan not blown up Rachel Dawes so convincingly she could have played the villianess, providing so many possibilties for a great plot twist.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008