1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Dark Knight Spoiler thread. Don't come in if you haven't seen the movie.

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by BuckeyeKing, Jul 18, 2008.

1. His'nBeatYour'n

His'nBeatYour'n Glass Ceiling Repairman

Dec 10, 2007
    New York
    Not true, one is under contract to do a 3rd, the other isn't. If Nolan decides not to do another one, Bale has no choice.

There is no such thing as final say anymore. Only a handful get it. Scorcese doesn't even get final say.

I'm not going to rule out the possibility they get another good director, but it would be very disappointing if Nolan didn't do the third film.

They should trust Nolan, but this would have been a 3 hour film if he had final say.

2. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    No Batman Forever was awful .Tommy Lee Jones as 2face and Carey as the riddler were horrible. Carey can't act he plays the same character in every movie.

3. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    thats what made Carey perfect for that role. Tommy Lee Jones, not so much.

4. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I prefer someone getting into the character much like Heath did. It feels more genuine and real.

5. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Amazing Movie. I think everyone knew that Gordan was not dead. If you see the trailers you would realize there are so many scenes that he still has to do. I did not like hte fact that two-face died because i was under the impression that he would be in the 3rd. I also love the foreshadowing in this movie!

6. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    He isn't dead IMO. Harvey Dent maybe but 2 face will live in the third one.

7. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Just wanted to float this idea around:

Angelina Jolie as Poison Ivy
    Phillip Seymour Hoffman as Penguin

thoughts?

charlestonphan and DevilFin13 like this.
  8. DevilFin13

DevilFin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Phillip Seymour Hoffman is a great idea for the Penguin. I said in the other thread that I'm not sure how you get a villian even half as good as this Joker. But Seymour Hoffman just might be the only one who could do it. Good call.

I agree with some of you that it was odd to kill of Two-Face. Given that you can't use the Joker he would have been a good villian for the next movie. This was so good I'm not even sure I want a next movie. I just can't fathom how you would top that, especially if Nolan doesn't sign on.

FinSane likes this.
  9. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Not 100% based but very similar in structure. Changes here and there in terms of plot (no Gilda Dent of course) but you can easily tell a lot of elements come from or are really inspired by that series.

10. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    They did not kill Two face. There was even one of those forshadowing moments in the movie where Batman takes that mobster and gives the whole, "If you are going to scare me drop me from higher, I am not going ot die from this height" speech and batman was all like, "That is what I am counting on"

Harvey dropped the about the same height. Dent, the symbol of gothem died. Two Face lives on.

11. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    The rumor I read stated that the next movie is going to have the Riddler. They will probably go with the cocky super smart son of a ***** version of him if they are going to use him.

I remember in interviews Nolan saying that the Penguin wouldn't fit in his universe. Which I don't really understand. The Penguin is just some fat guy who is really rich and has a big nose. Maybe it is his umbrellas ;).

Honestly, that movie rocked. I had high expectations and the only disappointment I have is the fact I cannot wipe my mind so I can watch it anew again. It is like christmas and the toy I always wanted is right there. Now that it is open, I can never put the present back in the box.

His'nBeatYour'n likes this.
  12. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Ralph Finnes as the Riddler anyone? (The main bad guy from Shindler's List for those that don't know)

I agree though, there's no guarantee Two-Face is dead.

13. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    How about Jessica Biel for Catowman? Although this costume is sexy as hell, it needs to be improved on a tad! LOL

[​IMG]

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  14. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    everyone want a great performance like heath did in this one in the next movie??

daniel day lewis as riddler.........thoughts?

charlestonphan likes this.
  15. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Ralph Finnes would make an excellent Riddler.

16. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

I read in an article that Nolan said Penguin would never be in his movie

17. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Hi, I'm the Riddler. I'm a oil man, and I am going to drink your milkshake, what do you think of that?

His'nBeatYour'n likes this.
  18. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Just saw this and what an excellent movie it was. Heath Ledger knocked it out of the park, every scene he was in was amazing. Was disappointed and shocked that they killed off Two-Face I thought they would use him for the next movie.

The villian for the next movie I think will be The Riddler and after seeing TDK there is not a doubt in my mind they planned on bringing back The Joker.

Oh and BTW would anyone like to see the pencil trick?:wink2:

19. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    wow you are absolutely right. Great call...

Im personally glad Rachel is out of the picture...

I cant get over how amazing this movie was. The IT clown got nothing on the joker...there are so many great quotes in this movie is unbelievable..."Why don't we cut you up into little pieces and feed you to your pooches? Hmm? And then we'll see how loyal a hungry dog really is."

20. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Great movie, really intense. I'm not worried about who they put in the third movie, as long as Bale and Nolan are doing it theres nothing to worry about.

21. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Yea, it definitely needs improvement. Covers too much skin. :wink2:

22. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    After thinking about the movie a little more I remember the scene where Bruce is getting his new suit and asked Lucius if it would be effective against dogs and Lucius responded by saying it would work against cats as well. Could this possibly have been a hint at Catwoman for a future film? I still believe The Riddler would be the best choice as the main villian for a sequel but thought that could possibly have been a hint at Catwoman.

vmarcilfan75 likes this.
  23. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I believe that was the line I couldn't remember and was referring to earlier in another post. Got some chuckles in the audience when he said that.

24. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    OMG now I remember!!!

25. SkapePhin

SkapePhin sigpicz.blogspot.com

Jan 3, 2008
    Fort Lauderdale
    THE PERFECT Riddler

[​IMG]

26. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    I dont recall that, but nice catch.

27. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

I remember the line, I was like what was that all about "a Cat"

28. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    TDK is now 1st on IMDb top 250 movies. Simply amazing

29. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    I caught that "it works with cats" line as well and immediately thought of Catwoman.

After this film and Ledger's performance I have doubts about only one villain carrying a movie. To be honest, I was happy they "killed off" Two Face but I don't really think he's dead. He'll likely play a part in the next film but I don't/can't see him being the only villain. He's an alright "baddy" but no where near compelling enough to carry the torch.

Id like to see Catwoman as long as the casting is right of course. they could bring back Liam Neeson. I never saw a body at the end of "Begins" so that could happen.

Whatever Nolan does he's got a tough road because this film was stellar. I trsut him and Bale with it though, they will do it right.

30. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    The Scarecrow will likely make an apperance in the next film also as he is still around, all it will take is someone to release him from Arkham. I think this is where Ledger's absence hurts the film because the Joker won't be present and I could've seen the new villian in the next movie releasing the main baddies (Two Face assuming he is alive, Joker, and Scarecrow) to wreck havoc on Gotham and go after The Batman.

I think that could have possibly been a very good film.

31. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I'm thinking 1 more movie. With Heath gone you really can't recast for the Joker because now they have to be as good or better. I'm thinking 2face, Catwoman, and Scarecrow in the third and final film. If 2face is dead then replace him with the riddler.

32. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007

I'd be worried about casting 3 villians, because I'd be afraid that it would follow the same path as spiderman 3. Too many villians who aren't given enough screen time.

33. His'nBeatYour'n

Dec 10, 2007
    New York
    Definitely. I'm trying to wrap my head around how Catwoman might fit into such a story. Hopefully Nolan signs on for the third, because he would be able to pull it off.

34. His'nBeatYour'n

Dec 10, 2007
    New York
    I like that he spoke that way, and it makes sense as far as concealing his identity. it works great when intimidating criminals, but it definitely was odd when he was having more casual conversations with Dent and Gordon.

35. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    well I knew he was hiding his identity with it.....but why talk to fox and alfred and rachel that way?? they know who he is

36. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area

I still dont understand why folks say no Joker (because of no Ledger) thats not the way Hollywood works. If they need the character they will simply replace the actor...forget about the role of Ledger, he doesnt own the character. He did a nice job, but I for one wouldnt care if another actor filled the role - heck bring back Nicholson! Whether a new actor attempted to mimic Ledgers style, or created his own - if the story line needed his presence, just do it.

Big deal...no different that switching the Rachel's.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  37. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    I think its one of the those "costume" causing effects - you are suppose to dispel any thoughts of logic and reality. Maybe the hood has a device built in - near his voicebox and causing pressure against - to cause his voice to change an octave or two...etc....its the mystery and make believe.

No different than the fact that his lips and chin are visible but no one is able to identify him based on those features, or more importantly, no matter how many fights, and bullets, and weapons harm his body (bruises, bite marks, etc) that lone area is never harmed. Therefore, when he is Bruce Wayne he is able to still hide his identity with no visual marks giving up his Batman persona.

Its all comic book make believe...his voice change is no different.

38. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    if I was an actor I wouldn't even attempt it....i think saying ledger did a 'nice job' is a complete understatement.....but that's jmo....as much as it was yours...

regardless of who did it, they would be compared to an amazing performance from TDK....and would never be given the 'great job' imo.....i can't see it happening

39. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Nah, Actor's have that mentality that thrives on the challenge. I dont think they are of the mindset to run or hide from the challenge. Sure I say it was a nice job, because it was just that, a role that he did. So many other actors have taken on that role (TV and Movies).

The point being, that its not the last time that role will be performed. So if they need the character in the next film, they will figure a way to do it.

40. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Yep, and Raz Al Ghoul is essentially immortal in the comics so its not too much of a stretch. He's my favorite Bat villain in the comics I'd love to see him return. Neeson is a great actor as well. I like this version of the scarecrow too.