1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Colts' Winning Streak and its Effect on Us

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Dec 23, 2011.

1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    The Colts have somehow lost two in a row. If they beat the Jags next week, they'll finish with a 3-13 record and it will be very possible they'll end up with the #3 overall spot, behind both the Rams and the Vikings. If I'm the Jags, I deliberately lose that Week 17 game against the Colts as I don't want Luck in my division for 15 years. Screw the Colts!

Now, how does this effect us? Well, it means that either the Rams or the Vikings will have a tough decision on their hands. Do they keep Bradford/Ponder or do they trade the pick?

Vikings: I would happily trade our first rounder for Ponder. I'd also trade the farm for Luck. I think the Vikings would trade Ponder in a heartbeat and I'd make that trade for sure.
    Rams: This one's a bit more complicated due to Bradford's HUGE contract. Anyone know the cap hit the Rams would take if the Rams traded him.

The bottom line is that while Barkley staying in school was a kick to the nuts, the Colts losing streak could effect us even more. Interesting...........

2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I look at it like this, if the colts win next week, then Christian Ponder and Sam Bradford just entered the 2012 NFL Draft..

Pretty deep draft this year...lol

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  3. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Good way to look at it. I wouldn't mind Ponder. I'm not sure anyone knows about how Bradford's contract effects his availability.

4. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Am I missing the joke???

5. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Pretty sure the Vikings are out of the #1 pick sweepstakes after beating the Redskins. I think it's just down to St. Louis and Indianapolis. I think Bradford's contract makes St. Louis likely to trade the pick. If it was a major market team then I could see them trading Bradford while taking the cap hit, but it's St. Louis so I don't see it.

I still think that they will trade the #1 pick for somewhere around the market of this year's first two picks and next year's first two picks along with a player or two (not necessarily an elite player either; someone serviceable)... I don't see the six first round picks price that some media junkies are putting on it.