1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the cloud has a silver lining

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by the 23rd, Jan 3, 2010.

1. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    most unfortunate incident w/ Pat White & nobody likes to lose a game, however, every cloud has a silver lining. We have answered some questions & a much better draft awaits Miami on the horizon.

2. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    some observations:
    1) Fasano & GinnJr. failed to end the season w/ hope for another season/reason to be a Dolphin in 2010.
    2) Hilliard looks like a keeper, Sheets did not impress.
    3) Pat White was unsuccessful in his debut @ QB (future-WR?) but Thigpen proved his worth as a backup & possible starter. competition is the elixir of success.
    4) although, we continue to struggle w/o the PlayMaker (& obviously, will seek one out in the off-season) Hartline shows much promise in eventually blossoming into the role.
    5) the need for a second starting calibre NT to enter the rotation became evident, once again.
    6) ILB remains our soft spot & has to be addressed as a priority in the draft and/or free-agency.
    7) apparently, Turner has fallen through the cracks beneath the bleachers. it would appear he is not considered to be the next Gadsden by the coaching staff. coupled w/ Fasano's failure to impress, we will be looking for a RedZone target this time round.

miamiron likes this.
  3. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Thigpen will not be a starter over Henne, no damn way. He's a backup. The Dolphins main focus should be defense and #1 WR, it seems pretty clear. We can put up 20+ points without a star #1 WR, so the offense is pretty solid and has a very deep run game. The defense is holding us back so that will be the focus.

And it looks as though we'll be playing the Titans next year at home and the Raiders on the road. If the titans lose then we play the jaguars and get the 12th pick in the draft. If they win we play them and we get the 11th pick. I'd rather play the Jags, but you never know what will happen from now to then.

4. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    I'd rather have the 11th draft pick

djphinfan likes this.
  5. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    and jason allen still cant cover

6. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    1. Fasano had a nice big play from Thigpen in the 4th, ended the day with 2 catches for 42 yards. I think he'll still be here next year. Ginn, I have no comment on.

2. Hilliard looked good in his limited action, got eaten up by Woodley a few times in pass protection, but it is what it is. As for Sheets, I'm not sure how you can make an evaluation on a guy who only carried the ball once, and got 5 yards???

3. Pat White, was way off with his couple of passes, looked good running the ball. gotta love his heart and effort to try and make the play and get the first down on the play he got hurt. Shame, hope he recovers ok. That being said, While I have my doubts about his ability to be a QB, I'd like to see him pass a bit more come preseason.

4. Agreed, I love what Hartline has brought to the offense this year. He's always looking to make a play, and he's made several this year. For a guy we all thought would do nothing but be a bust, he's been a pleasant surprise.

5. I saw Soliai making a few nice plays, but NT isnt really a spot i paid much attention to today, so I really can't comment. Considering we gave up almost 100 yards to both Parker and Mendenhall, and it seemed alot of their runs went up the guy, I'd probably have to agree with you here.

6. Agreed. End of Story. However, this team sure does seem to miss Crowder when he's not in there.

7. Turner really boggles my mind. Im surprised we didn't dress him today just for the heck of it. Put him on the field, see what happens on Sunday.

7. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Anthony Fasano is the #2 run blocking TE in the league, after Jason Witten. We all know how much importance this regime places on things like that. A lot!

I will be surprised if we do not resign Fasano.

8. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    1) I think Fasano w/ on the fast track before his injury & has failed to regain the needed momentum to stick. We need a RedZone target desperately. We need to find a stud TE or an Oronde Gadsden.
    2) if they resign Ronnie & Ricky, Cobb returns healthy & Polite continues to be rude, there is room for only one more running back & that will be Hiliard not Sheets. Brief as it was Sheets had his moment to impress & didn't. simple as that...
    3) Pat White as a WR & situational QB, maybe. we are suddenly flush @ QB. Henne is the starter & the #2 is very very good. Thigpin provides both depth & competion & that is a good thing.

9. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Dont tell me we are going to see this "Lets start Thigpen next year!" Bull**** all offseason.

10. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    I don't think there is any doubt that Chad Henne is the starter.
    however
    I find it comforting to know Thigpen is a very competent backup
    & will provide an added incentive to the IceMan's productivity
    throughout training camp. there is no QB controversy.
    having said that
    I'm sure Henne will be looking over his shoulder
    & playing a little better for his presence on the team

Competition (perceived or real) is the Elixir of Success

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  11. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    yes he can & he can do a lot more
    I thought the guy w/ a bust
    & this would be his last season
    however
    he is now a staple in the defensive backfield
    he can play all the packages (5 & 10 ), corner or safety
    & is a major special team piece.
    Jason Allen is a keeper.
    He has finally come into his own :up:

12. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Parcells loves defense, thats his strong point, he will get it done this offseason.

13. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    Agree 100%. I already find it irritating how much people are talking about him. He came in as our 3rd string QB and played well for a Back-up QB thats it, give the man props but Henne is our guy. When Henne was in there our offense looked like a well oiled NFL offensive machine (I am NOT saying our offense was playing good, I am commenting on how our offense ran as a unit), when Thigpen went in there we looked like a High School or D-2 College with him running around the pocket. I know, I know it doesn't matter how it looks as long as it works, but all the top NFL teams have a more traditional QB like Henne, thats all I'm trying to say.

14. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    no way, he was'nt saying that, he was saying "competition is the elixar of sucess, theres a difference...

I have'nt heard one serious opinion saying that... your generalizing a negative opinion of a very minute minority into something bigger then it needs to be..

FF, just dont wanna give it any legs brother.

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  15. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Fasano will be back in Miami because of his blocking. We do need a TE to stretch the field but we play in alot of two TE sets so there is a need for TE even if we sign Fasano. Ginn played fine. I mean he didn't do anything special but he did nothing bad either. He is good at returning kicks and can stretch the field. Is he an all star? No but he should be on this team.

Hillard won't play much next year barring more injuries with the way he was pass blocking. I mean those blocks were awful but he has shown some spark. Sheets made one decent run and did nothing negative. Will be an interesting training camp at RB.

Thigpen played well but made some mistakes and he had to have some rust. He will be a good #2 in case Henne is injured for a long period of time. Pat White just can't throw the ball at the NFL level yet. He needs to work on his accuracy. Once he can throw it will open up the run. He just needs work

Yes we need another NT in free agency or draft.

ILB should be top on the list along with a FS. We need someone to play along side Channing Crowder.

Yeah I don't see Turner with the team next year at the end of camp unless he can figure out how to improve his game alot.

16. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    interesting, very interesting
    I remember when many
    were screaming for Crowders demise
    not too long ago & in denial about a need @ NT
    the worm turns, slowly but surely

thank you Friend djphinfan:
    that is exactly what I meant
    Thigpen is a pleasant surprise