1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The China Study

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Sethdaddy8, Sep 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I've been reading this book for a few days now. Its a study done over decades on thousands of people, as well as experimentation on rats.(well thats what i've read so far) it basically proves protein from cow milk(casein) and most animal based protein as an enormous catalyst for cancerous cause and growth. basically it promotes carcinogens, that would otherwise not be a major factor. and it also worsens the cancerous presence, once established. it's one of the longest and most thorough studies ever done, and the results are staggering. 100% to 0% case-study results.

whats amazing though, is that trends are reversible, with the reduction of animal based protein intake. Dr.Campbell's book is certainly food for thought. He grew up on a farm with a deep love for every-thing milk, beef and protein diet related, and the study itself went against his roots.

this all sort of puts me in a scary place as i love my protein and animal based foods, and more so because of how important we thought dairy was for our daughter. He goes on to state that not all protein is bad, and plant based protein is fine health-wise.

anyone else read or hear about this? Heres a link to it's site:
    http://www.thechinastudy.com/

2. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I don't buy it.

Den54 likes this.
  3. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Seems like every decade the scientific community changes their opinion about milk.

4. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    And about nutrition in general.
    IMHO, if you just eat in moderation and exercise regularly, you don't have to worry about most of the crap they harp on and on about.
    But I REALLY don't buy this crap that eating meat and dairy products gives you cancer. Cancer is MUCH more complex than that. This looks like a case of either a screwed up study or one of assuming correlation=causation.
    And given all the scientific fraud to come out of Asian countries, I REALLY would take this with, ahem, a grain of salt.

5. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    yeah...and this is all animal protein as well, not just milk.

6. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    IMO the best diet is one that includes a variety of foods consumed in moderation. That variety though should be skewed towards whole foods, meaning things that aren't processed. That would include fruits, vegetables, meats, eggs, beans, whole grains, fish, etc. That's what the various studies touting diets seem to have in common. I'm referring to the caveman diet, the Mediterranean diet, the Icelandic diet, etc. Every once in a while somebody comes out with information showing that some population of people had lower incidences of cancer, heart disease or some other illness. They try to say it's based on the regional foods they eat. And I sort of agree but it's not the specific foods. Rather it's the fact that the food wasn't going through a ton of processing and having chemicals added.

Americans tend to eat more processed foods than those populations that are studied. IMO that's the likely difference.

Sethdaddy8 likes this.