1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Chargers Lost!!!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GMJohnson, Dec 26, 2010.

1. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Let's all hope Norv Turner is fired and then brought down here as the OC to bring our offense out of the Jurassic Age :up:.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  2. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    No way he ends up here, just not sexy enough for Ross to parade down the "Orange Carpet"

Dolphin1184 and DolfanJake like this.
  3. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Turner's offense is actually relatively similar to Henning's in term of philosophy ... he just has a tendency to use the TE more.

4. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    I meant as the Offensive Coordinator, I think he's sexy enough for that.

5. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Not if he turns it inside out. The new HC will definately bring in his own guys and after today there is no way to possibly justify keeping Sparano.

6. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Turner's offenses attack down the field/outside the numbers, are heavy on play action, and would suit Henne a lot better than the precision short game that I see out of Henning.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  7. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Lose to the Bengals in the midst of a must win playoff run..... Unreal.
    Norv has held that team back for too long.

8. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Don't want a new HC, just an OC. I probably should've said that LOL.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  9. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Turner's offense is very closely similar to Henning's. Again, we call those plays--down the field outside the numbers. I mean today we attacked outside the numbers ALL DAY long.

Also, we are crazy heavy on play action. Hell, we do it on 3rd and 20.

Henning's offense isn't a precision short game whatsoever. Now, maybe the defense dictates the ball be thrown there, or Henne's decision is to throw it there. But, it isn't a precision short game at all. Henning's offense very much is set up to attack the defense with deep and intermediate passes.

If we get rid of Henning, which I'm good with. I don't want Turner. I thought I did, but I just don't see a real difference there in philosophy.

10. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    pe02848_.jpg

ToddsPhins, Zod, RGF and 3 others like this.
  11. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    No way been there done that and fired him he sucked then and sucks now.

12. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Who cares as the game doesn't matter. Just imagine what could have been with home wins over the Browns and Bills.

13. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    I'd rather imagine Jet fans being fed into a wood chipper

Vengeful Odin likes this.
  14. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Care to elaborate?

15. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    You're assuming that Hernandez would have produced here as he has in New England. In that case, we could've had Wes Welker, oh wait...

16. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    What makes you think he would take a OC job?

17. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    Do people not remember Turner as our OC? What makes them think we'll start lighting up the scoreboard?

18. bluehaze

bluehaze New Member

Dec 24, 2009
    No thanks to Turner, he's more of the same. Chargers were 1000x better with Cameron running that offense.

19. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Most fired HCs end up as coordinators. Turner is a long time coordinator. But yeah, its more a hope than a think. Hell, he hasn't even been fired yet so its all conjecture at this point.

20. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Who would you suggest?

21. bluehaze

bluehaze New Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Not up on it enough to know whos out there, Rather see Lee get promoted than another year of Henning or Turner. The playbook isn't nearly as bad as the playcalling and all our rookies wouldn't have to start over with Lee as the OC. There are too many different scenarios to look at though, if the opportunity presents itself i'm all for getting Cowher and replacing the staff with his guys. If we're going for another year with Sparano though having a different playcaller using the same playbook would seem to give us the best chance IMO.

22. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Wait a minute.....did Norv Turner suddenly get smart since he was last running our offense here about ten years ago?

How soon some forget????

23. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    He's a good OC, and he was good when he was here as well. We weren't the top offense in the league, but then none of his offenses have ever been tops. He is a good coordinator. Unfortunately he isn't the best HC. He is still light years better as a HC than Soprano is.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  24. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Before I read this comment, I mentally wrote down, "He's going to say David Lee". I have yet to see anyone explain what David Lee has shown that makes him a suitable play caller. I personally think anyone coaching in this Parcells regime should be either fired or made to know that they have to change or be fired. If we keep Sparano, it's under the understanding that this **** isn't acceptable.

25. bluehaze

bluehaze New Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Well it's really the sensible solution if Sparano sticks around for what very likely could be his last year the last thing he should be looking to do is bring in an OC that is going to put in a new system that all these young guys that still have not even grasped Hennings vanilla offense will have to learn. I mean if you have a chance to bring in someone like Cam Cameron or something then by all means it's justifiable but to bring in Norv Turner to run a different version of essentially the same offense that the players will have to learn from scratch your really just complicating things for no reason.

26. Phyl

Phyl New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    I'd love for Josh McDaniels to join us as the OC. Offense was hardly an issue in Denver and the guy did some impressive stuff in New England. Probably won't happen though. I love New England's style of play on offense and it's yet to be stopped even without Brady. Look what he turned Orton and Eddie Royal/Brandon Lloyd into.

27. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Given the horses, Turner likes to run the ball alot as well...

28. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Really? We finished 26th in passing both years that Norv was here. Also the OC that was part responsible for all the reliance on Ricky Williams.

29. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    lol..Rivers and his chargers gets bounced from the playoffs...said it before and ill say it again, and they keep proving me right, rivers, chargers, highly overrated.

30. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Same years we had a Qb with some big ol ears

Kinda don't blame him for trying to kill Ricky