1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Chad Pennington Acceptance Group...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Silverphin, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Truth be told, I'm not exactly the fan of the Pennington signing. But, as Dolphins' fans, we're going to have to root for him. So.... this a support group thread for people (like myself) who just can't seem to fathom stomaching the sight of Pennington in 'Phins uniform.

2. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    I'm going to lose my lunch. :wink2:

3. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    yeah im having a hard time with this also. If he plays well he'll be loved and if he doesnt then he will be run out of Miami.

PMZQ likes this.
  4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I'm ..............:pity:...............in.

Silverphin likes this.
  5. Silverphin

Nov 25, 2007
    Here, have some of my stash.

[​IMG]

njfinfan likes this.
  6. RalphX19X

RalphX19X >:)

Nov 23, 2007
    Miami
    Definitely not rooting for him unless rooting for him to get hurt counts.

Joking about the getting hurt part but I really hate this signing.

Silverphin likes this.
  7. Silverphin

Nov 25, 2007
    I do to. But, as Dolphins fans..... we must accept it.

8. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Should say Pennington Bismol. :lol:

9. Silverphin

Nov 25, 2007
    My photoshop skills aren't that great.

njfinfan likes this.
  10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I like the signing a lot but it just bothers that he's a former Jet. That's no disrespect to Jets fans as we have some respectful ones that visit the site.

11. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    BARF HERE->[​IMG]

njfinfan likes this.
  12. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Oh my....:throwup:

BTW, he looks like a little boy that is about to get attacked by a gang.

BTW2, dude's got a big head.

Lab3003 likes this.
  13. Germanfinfan

Germanfinfan New Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Mönchengladbach, GER
    I dont know how to feel about this signing. I think that our FO signed him to be the starter and that closes the door for Beck. So Beck only has a chance to show something if Pennington gets hurt or plays veeery bad. If he doesn't, Henne will take over in a year and Beck will be out without ever been able to show that he can do it.

btw. my first post :knucks:

MS4FINS and Lab3003 like this.
  14. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Welcome to the boards Germanfinfan! Glad to have you here. If you have any questions, feel free to Private Message me.

Go Bosna!

15. Germanfinfan

Germanfinfan New Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Mönchengladbach, GER
    thanks a lot Alen!

Go Phins!!!!

16. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico New Member

Jun 8, 2008
    I was happy to hear we signed Pennington, now it's starting to hit me and it just doesn't look right. Either way I hope he can pull some good seasons out of his rear for us and hopefully help Henne (or Beck) learn some stuff.

17. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I hated it but the signing is growing on me. CP is a Fin now, so I am a fan, period.

Silverphin likes this.
  18. Cosmic

Cosmic Social Disease

Dec 10, 2007
    My best friend the Jets fan (I know, I can't help he has bad taste) called to say congratulations earlier, and kinda put it in perspective for me-His statement was that in the offense we are projected be running this year, Pennington will be the best option. Grind it out, strong running game, quick slants and short, accurate passes when needed.

I hate that I am saying this, but I think he's right.

I just reached the 5th stage of grief: Acceptance. Damn.

19. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Ugh. That makes me even more sick. :tantrum:

:knucks:

20. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    To be honest, I'm kind of scared for the team. There's been so much turmoil the last several years. All these guys coming and going don't seem to make us any closer to being more stable. It seems every thing just stays up in the air with no sign of getting the team united and playing as a team.
    bp still worries me, has since the beginning.

21. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    I have been there for a long time! Don't worry he is your best bet this year.

BZ

22. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    :cry:

I just hope he does better than ...

SPRAY MUCUS....

23. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    If Dolphins fans were able to accept four years of Jay Fiedler, then one or two years of Chad Pennington should be nothing.

Ludacris likes this.
  24. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I got Chads back now cuz hes a Phin. PERIOD

rdhstlr23 likes this.
  25. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Well guys, I could've been worse. At least we didn't spend a 2nd on the guy. :)

Uncle Rico likes this.
  26. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    .....so quick he'll never know the number of the car that hit him. The booing in Dolphin Stadium could rival that in Lambeau Field when Rodgers throws his 1st interception.

27. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    He can't be any worse than Ray Lucas :lol:

Uncle Rico and Silverphin like this.
  28. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    :pity: So much disdain towards Chad...I've always liked him as a person, with his undeniable lockerroom leadership and the way he carried himself...I just hated the colors he wore. Now that he is a part of the Phin family I will root for and support him. I see this as a great opportunity for our young guys to learn from an experienced vet.

rdhstlr23 likes this.
  29. keypusher

keypusher Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Well said. I'm a New Yorker so I got to see and read a lot about Pennington. He's a good guy and -- IMO -- a clear upgrade from Beck. I just wish his arm was stronger.

Phinperor likes this.
  30. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    But....

Does he really provide us with a much better option?

The FO stated that this rebuild wasn't going to happen overnight and it seems that right now they are making desperate moves in order to win as much as possible right away. To me that is the complete opposite of their original intent. Now we have Pennington who has a weak arm, yes he's a game manager and yes he comes with much more experience than what we currently have, but now opposing defenses will no longer fear the long ball and that more than likely will negatively impact our running game. I was just talking to a Jets fan on another board who I trust who said that teams were jamming the line because they knew that Penny couldn't throw deep.

Not to mention that this puts the development of Beck and Henne on the backburner because they won't be getting the game experience that comes from playing.

So because we didn't improve dramatically and I don't think anyone here would confuse us with a playoff team, is it worth it to bring in a QB with a shaky record of being healthy and a weak arm if it doesn't get you to the playoffs and only nets you another 2 wins? Do you throw the rebuilding plan out the window for a player that might change your record from 3-13 to 5-11? Is that improvement if your young players don't get a chance to shwo what they can do?

I would much rather live through another 1-15 season if it meant that the rebuld was being done the right way than to continue to patch holes in an effort to win now at the expense of our young players.

So we have Penny, where does it stop?

Do we get Glenn (who by all accounts isn't healthy enough to be signed) when he's clear to play?

Do we go out and get Bentley who would take a spot from Thomas or maybe even push Satele out of the C spot?

Why add older players to the team if it means stunting the development of your youngsters?

I just don't get it. :no:

That isn't necessarily for you, anyone can answer. :knucks:

rdhstlr23, cnc66 and Phinperor like this.
  31. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    And here we go again... :pity::D

like2god likes this.
  32. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Wiseass :lol:

They're all legit questions :up:

alen1 likes this.
  33. Phinperor

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    I honestly think you're stressing for no reason brother. We are obviously in the rebuilding process, however, the FO saw the opportunity to improve a position of need and went for it. We'll more than likely cut McCown so I really don't see the issue, we lose one vet and gain another. Beck has obviously not gotten it down yet and Henne is still learning, and in Bill's mind Pennington is the better mentor.

34. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    sign me up to this support group. argh!! this was not news i wanted to hear on my anniversary and i will have just as hard a time accepting and rooting as i do beating my addiction to sobriety.

Silverphin likes this.
  35. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Happy Anniversary bro!

36. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    But the player that they brought in is on the downside of his career, a mistake that we've made far too often. By all accounts all 3 QB's looked pretty pathetic at the very beginning and Beck and Henne have done well since and McCown didn't really pull away like a veteran QB should. I agree that he is the odd man out, but Penny's presence puts Beck and Henne on the bench for at least a year, maybe more.

If the plan is to be a legit playoff contender in 2 years, why have Penny around for 2 years and then insert a young guy who hasn't had a chance to prove himself? That doesn't make a lick of sense to me. :confused:

Phinperor likes this.
  37. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Exactly, Ginn won't be able to utilize his skills and will be taken out of the game by his QB rather than his defender.

38. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    L2G, you need a beer... like sixty-seven of them.

39. Phinperor

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    I'm honestly losing faith in Beck fast. I truly believe our future lies within the hands of Henne, but do you really want to throw him in his first year, especially when so many things are unsure at this point. I believe Parcells will re-evalute the position at the end of the season, and if he believes the kid he drafted is ready for the big show then Henne will be out there with Penny backing him up next season. JMO.

40. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    I have to agree with In_Flames on this one. They signed a veteran quarterback who they think will help the team win more games and replaced the veteran quarterback already on the roster.

Just because they are rebuilding doesn't mean they should forbid having veterans on the team.

Phinperor likes this.