1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Burner in the Backfield

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CaribPhin, May 28, 2009.

1. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

"The Jets reportedly remain "far apart" with Leon Washington in long-term contract negotiations. Thats from the Jets website. Personally, I'd love to have that guy returning and rushing against the Jets twice a year. Maybe we could even return two special team touchdowns. Anyone else would like the have Washington?

2. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Wouldn't want to pay him Leon Washington money.

3. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    We don't need him, but I'd be damn happy not to have him lining up against us twice a year. That guy has been a Dolphin slayer.

4. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    we have one of the best running stables in the NFL
    Boldin or maybe a ProBowl Guard but not Washington

Colorado Dolfan likes this.
  5. EdSta74

EdSta74 I

Mar 22, 2008
    Long Island City, NY
    seriously.. the guy wants to be paid like a starter. but barely touches the ball. granted he makes plays and is very successful with his 6-8 touches a game, but I'd be weary of paying a small back like that 6 mil a year ( i think thats what he was asking), before he proves he can withstand the everyday pounding of a starting RB in the NFL. JMHO

cdz12250 likes this.
  6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Dont want him, dont need him.

Smashcat dont need not scatback..

7. NolePhin

NolePhin Look out for D-Bess

Apr 27, 2009
    Davie, FL
    I'd love to have him personally, probably not for that much though. But he seems to be a play maker, that's for sure.

8. Phinz420

Phinz420 New Member

May 15, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Any sane GM wants him...he is one of the best special teams players in the entire league, and even coming out of the backfield he has big play ability both from a running and catching standpoint.

He is going to be seeking big money now though, and our rushing attack isn't in need of a scatback you are right. Im just hoping at this point that he finds a home elsewhere outside of the AFCE.

9. Xeticus

Xeticus Junior Member

Mar 30, 2008
    I'd love for him to not be in the division. He plays very well against us.

cnc66 likes this.
  10. NolePhin

NolePhin Look out for D-Bess

Apr 27, 2009
    Davie, FL
    I have a feeling Dan Henning wouldn't oppose to having him on the team, its just another threat on ST, and on offense. Not only in the base offense, but imagine him in the wildcat. I doubt we're picking him up, and as far as what we would probably use him for, it is too much money, but I think the original question of this post was asking if we would like to have Leon Washington.

11. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Lorenzo Booker was shipped out at the first opportunity.While Washington is much more talented I dont think we would be interested unless he could somehow be a factor on special teams and the wildcat.Besides his pricetag would be much too high.We have to worry about re-signing Ronnie next year.

However he could fit into a wildcat type offense if he has that Harvin-like first step .I dont enough about him to know if he is that quick.If he is he could run this very effective counter play.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qhg9YsKkxc"]YouTube - Percy Harvin Counter Play[/ame]