1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 3 movies you hate the most are....?

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Fin D, Jan 15, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I'll start off:

1. Natural Born Killers
    Let me start off by saying I hate Oliver Stone. NBK was the epitome of why I hate him...he's full of crap. The only thing artistic and interesting about that movie was the script (Tarantino), everything else was a feeble attempt by a man with no talent trying really, really hard to be edgy. He is to art what Brian Bosworth is to pro football...a fake.

2. Eyes Wide Shut.
    I also hate Kubrick. I'm not glad he's dead, just glad he can't make anymore movies. There is nuance, then there is pacing a movie so freaking badly that snail ******* would be more interesting. Seriously, watching a Kubrick movie is like watching someone read a book. Then you throw in Tom Cruise, ugh. I mean really, the whole point of the movie was that Tom Cruise had to go through a series of ridiculous and stupid events, to realize the best way to save his marriage, was to have sex with his wife? Really? Granted, I'm sure that mirrored real life, what with his wife not being a boy and all, but c'mon.

3. Cast Away.
    Wow. That movie sucked. Few movies epitomize the "Audience will laugh here, and cry there" bran of film making that taints the whole medium. First off, a whale woke him up to see the ship? Stoooooooooooooooooopiiiiiiiiiiiiiid. The thing that really pissed me off though was the end, he's at a crossroads in his life, but the audience is stupid, so to drive that point home, they have standing in the middle of an actual cross road. Why they stopped there and didn't have a narrator come on and go, "Tom Hanks' character is at a crossroads, in his life." Then have text on the screen that says, "What will he do now?"

Honorable Mentions:
    King Kong (Peter Jackson's version), Napoleon Dynamite, & Shawshank Redemption.

GARDENHEAD and Section126 like this.
  2. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida

Great post......well thought out, and a great idea...but wow...you hated Cast Away? and more importantly...you hated one of the best films of all-time..Shawshank Redemption?

like2god, Nappy Roots, Pagan and 2 others like this.
  3. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    1. CHASING AMY I actually found this movie to be insulting to my intelligence.

2. THE BUCKET LIST I knew I shouldn't have watched this. Baby boomers need to stop being so self-absorbed.

3. Supergirl This movie came out in 1984. I was 8 years old. It was the first movie I remember watching that I actually didn't like. Until that point, I guess I liked all movies. I remember nothing about it except for the revelation that movies can be bad. For that reason alone, it is in my top-3

Honorable mention: Anything by Kevin Smith, anything starring Ben Stiller, and any movie that is totally depressing the whole way through.

4. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I thought Cast Away was a good movie but I could see why some people might not like it.

I see absolutlely no way that anyone could hate Shawshank though. I can't think of one bad aspect of that movie.

5. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    1.titanic -overrated, bad acting, wasn't all that great of a story, hey, I got a great and original idea, lets take a disaster and make a love story out of it.............
    2.the departed - I loved this movie after I first saw it. I thought it was the end all be all, etc. Then I watched the japanese version. Not only was the story a rip off, but most of the better scenes in the departed were exactly like the japanese movie.

6. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Oh yeah, Titanic. That belongs in the top 3.

Worst movie ever = biggest grossing movie ever. Not a shocker.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  7. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    I thought this would be hard for me...but it wasn't.

TITANIC: a total piece of crap. The best part is when the boat sinks for it's special effects. Otherwise..completely worthless.

The American President: When I first saw it, it was perfectly paced and a better than average chick flick. Then the movie makes a turn where the president decides that he is gonna turn into a Nazi and wipe his *** with the constitution, for no apparant reason other than the makers of the movie inserted a political statement clumsily and ruined a movie.

(TIE) The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix revolutions: How can they take a perfectly GREAT movie like the Matrix, and a movie that begged for a trilogy and then completely **** it up? Two awful movies. the Last one is laughably bad.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  8. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Blair Witch Project - Everyone said how awesome and scary it was, my brother drug me along, and it was garbage. It was not scary, I felt the "characters" were poor, and just was generally not entertaining. I can usually watch "bad" movies because there is something redeeming, but this one simply had none to me. This is the only movie I have ever wanted my money back from.

The Myst - Maybe I just have an unrealistic view about this, but I thought it was poorly executed, and is likely 3rd on my list, and I might remove it later. The religious lady and the ending just really make this movie pretty difficult for me to watch (not to mention terrible effects IMO).

Napoleon Dynamite - The best part of this movie happens in the 1st five minutes, and that is hardly even a highlight worth mentioning (the farmer shooting the cow in front of the school bus). I don't get it. I don't even get it's redeeming qualities to be honest when people try to explain why they like it. They tend to just say, watch it more and you will like it. But, iIt just is not funny.

9. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Never saw the 1st two. I like the Matrices though the last two are nowhere near as good as the first, at least the video quality and audio is top notch.

10. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Far too many to name, so I'll just throw three films that I hate out there:

-House Of The Dead
    -Drop Dead Fred
    -Freddy Got Fingered

11. PeaTearGriffin

PeaTearGriffin Season Ticket Holder

Dec 8, 2007
    Rocky, Gone With the Wind, Titanic

12. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Agree I really can't narrow down a list of just 3 but here are a few I hate:

Anything with Anston Kutcher, Austin Powers series, anything M. Night Shamalot did after Unbreakable, anything Adam Sandler did after Big Daddy, Blades of Glory, Ricky Bobby, The Next Karate Kid....

13. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    What movie is that? Sounds awesome :shifty:

14. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Listing 3 is pretty tough:

Blair Witch Project: What a steaming pile of media created "phenomenon" crap it was. I saw it in a packed theater. I was REALLY looking forward to it. After waiting the entire movie for the "pay off" in the last minute I wanted my money and my time back.

Titanic: Other than the special effects it was a TERRIBLE movie. The acting was awful and the "story" was pure cheese. I do like Kate Winslet though, something about her.

Star Wars Episode II - Attack of the Clones: The biggest downer in the history of movies for me. ATROCIOUS writing, dialogue and story. The special effects were great but the "film" relied FAR to heavily on them. How someone could have so much to work with (good cast, great mythos, mega budget) and make such an abomination of a movie is still one of the great mysteries of time. "Phantom Menace" would be #4 for me for the same reasons.

Stitches likes this.
  15. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    It's a Chinese movie. You fail again. :pity:

16. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Thanks.

Yeah, I hated them both. I liked Shawshank the first time it came out, when it was called Cool Hand Luke. Which was a far superior movie.

Section126 likes this.
  17. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Any movie starring Dane Cook or Seth Rogen.

#1 fan likes this.
  18. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    what? next thing you know you'll try to tell me bruce lee is chinese......

Regan21286 likes this.
  19. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Wow.......

Fin D likes this.
  20. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Spider-Man 3: How bad was Spider-Man 3? Well, let me put it this way: You can cause a debate amongst Spider-Man fans and avid movie goers over which one of the first two films in the series was better. Spider-Man 3, not so much.

Spider-Man 3 has become one of the poster-boys of what (usually) happens to films when executives meddle with film-making process. They took the character of Peter Parker and turned him from a respectable superhero with issues that are relatable to the average guy to a whiny little emo douchebag. And they also ruined one of, if not THE, biggest villain in Spider-Man's rogue gallery in the worst way possible. Quite frankly, Spider-Man 4 should start off with with a montage of Spider-Man 3, followed by Peter Parker waking up, confirming the last film didn't happen.

Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Movie: Yes, I'm an anime/manga fan. Unfortunately, just like how me being a comic book fan lead me to watching Spider-Man 3, being a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh! lead me to watching this pathetic excuse of a film.

X-Men 3: Truth be told, I'm not a fan of the X-Men film series in general. And that's because they seemed to follow the same old formula: Wolverine saving the day while other characters that were major in X-Men mythos gets second string status. Nothing against Wolverine or anything, but I'm pretty sure that if mutant with a rediculously efficient healing factor, heightened sense, and an adamatium skeleton and clawset can save the day, I'm pretty sure a guy who can punch a hole into the side of a mountain just by removing his glasses and a woman who can summon a hurricane if she felt like it, can save the day as well.

However, X-Men 3 takes formula and amplified it. First they killed off Cyclops in the most weirdest way possible. Keep in mind, this is the same Cyclops that, in the comics, went toe-to-toe with the Phoenix, Ghost Rider, Wolverine (on multiple occassions), Magneto, and even the Juggernaut without embarassing himself. And he is also the first X-Man ever.

What made it worse was the fact that his demise garnered so little attention concern from the rest of the characters he might as well have been named Kenny McCormick.

The writing wasn't even good. They basically took the Phoenix Storyline comics, replace Cyclops with (you guessed it) Wolverine, compact it down to movie length, and added some random elements into the film. One of the characters featured heavily in the trailers, Angel, was as relevant to the movie as Ernest Wilford was to the Dolphins' 2008 season. It was just bad. It was the second most disappointing comic book film I ever paid money for at the theatre (Spider-Man 3 is the first).

Fin D likes this.
  21. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    1) Battlefield Earth. Worst .... movie .... evar!
    2) Cast Away. Painfully boring to me.
    3) Water World. Long and painful. Fascinating concept to me, but with terrible execution.

Never seen some of the movies others are listing as the worst. Mostly because they are so bad.

The "new" Star Wars films were extremely dissapointing (Jar Jar Binks? What? Really?) in that they totally forgot who there audience was. But they are watchable keeping them out of the bottom 3. XMen 3 was also a bit dissapointing, but I chose to just think of it completely seperately from the old comics, so it was OK doing that.

22. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    1. The Village
    First movie that I was MAD at myself for watching. I liked the 6th sense, Signs was decent. This movie was advertised as a scary movie and it turned out to be TOTAL BS. Now, I'm ALL for plot twists but I'm NOT ok with being lied to. I willingly suspended my disbelief for this movie (saw a ton of "issues" with their story all along the way but wrote it off as mistakes) and got smacked in the face for it..the first movie to truly make me mad.

2. Cannibal Holocaust: Another movie I wish I had never seen. I was talked into watching it after a discussion with another guy over the merits of Suspiria. He told me that it was unique, before it's time and could never be made today..boy was he right. It was a glorified snuff film. I almost turned it off halfway through but decided that I had to finish it so in the future I could say "I've seen it and I'm not watching it again" if it ever came up.

3. Suspiria 2009/10 version. It's not out yet but I'm SURE they'll **** up this classic. Some things shouldn't be allowed to be remade....

23. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    Dude...they're not the same at all............

cnc66 and Pagan like this.
  24. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    3. Lady in the Water - I cant believe I wasted $8 on this piece of crap movie that my friend dragged me into. Im not a big fan of M. Knight Shamalancmakeofdm whatever his name is to start with. I mean, Sixth Sense and Unbreakable were good, but every other movie he did sucks, even Signs. This movie is the perfect example of how to start a movie off badly, and then get WORSE FROM HERE ON.

2. Spider-Man 3 - Im not a big Spiderman fan, but I thought the first two movies were enjoyable. This movie made me think twice of ever becoming a Spiderman fan. It wasnt so much the overabundance of villians or the million different plottwists, or even so much Tropher Grace raping the part of Venom...

...it was emo Peter Parker. The worst sequence in the entire history of cinema is displayed in the scene with him playing the piano and acting stupid. I couldnt believe my eyes. Not even Joel Schmacher wouldve botched a Spider-Man movie this bad with this sequence.

1. Napoleon Dynamite - True, there are worse comedies out there. But for all the hype it recieved and the fact that my senior year in high school was tainted by quotes from the movie by my classmates all year long......this takes the cake. I even watched it under the influence. This is by far the most overrated piece of crap "comedy" I ever had to suffer through. I tried to keep watching it, waiting for something happen. Waiting to...laugh. I just couldnt do it. It wouldnt work. I tried hard, I really did. But I couldnt force myself to like it. 0o0o0o I have an idea...lets throw a steak at his head at some random scene. INSTANT COMEDY. I got it, lets combine a bunch of different styles from the 70s through 2000s to confuse people what year it is. INSTANT CREATIVITY.

Honorable Mentions:

X-Files 2: I Want to Believe - I grew up watching the XFs as a child of the 90s. I loved it. I even loved the first movie. But Season 9 was a letdown and you all know the rest. But this movie killed any chance of their being a rebirth of the XF. Chris Carter complete took a crap on his only successful series by making an XF movie that had nothing to do with the X-Files except Mulder and Scully! Why waste our time? :pity:

Super Mario Bros. - Do I need to explain this one?

Silverphin likes this.
  25. DevilFin13

DevilFin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Pretty Woman - There is just something about Julia Roberts that I can't stand. I don't find her attractive at all. I don't particularly care for Richard Greer either. So combine them with a complete BS, fairytale plot and you have a movie I despise.

Catwoman - I don't know how I got dragged into seeing this movie. I just remember asking, "Is Batman in it?" When I was told he wasn't, I rattled my brain trying to figure out why I should give a **** about the movie. To make matters worse, they cast Sharon Stone who strikes me as bat**** crazy and just plain annoying.

Anything with Larry the Cable Guy in it - Thankfully I've never seen any of his movies. But just the fact that he is getting movies made while really talented people have trouble getting their work put on film irritates the hell out of me. Frankly I think I could make a far better movie than anything that moron who shamelessly perpetuates southern stereotypes can.

sking29 and FinSane like this.
  26. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Rocky? How the hell can you hate Rocky?

Sethdaddy8, daphins, Pagan and 2 others like this.
  27. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    I dont know what it is either with Julia Roberts. Maybe its the Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer nose she has. Or maybe shes just not really that attractive?

And agree with everything else. Im glad I didnt see Catwoman and how can anyone under 13 watch a Larry the Cable Guy movie?
    Delta Farce? Health Inspector? Come on mang!

Ronnie Bass and DevilFin13 like this.
  28. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Adding to my list:

Taxi Driver
    I just found it extremely boring and I love DeNiro. The last 10 minutes were great but the rest was just painful to watch.

Ninja Turtles 3
    Seriously they time travel back to Japan. What a waste of Turtle villians they could have used in a 3rd. This movie was a huge let down after Turtles 1 and 2 were both solid films. It basically killed the franchise for a good 10 to 15 years.

29. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Forrest Gump

- A campy, self-satisfied, self-righteous, overacted, dishonest mess of a movie starring the single most overrated actor of our time.

Memento

- The epitome of a movie that's not even close to being as clever as it pretends to be. I'd like to see it as a brillant scam but I'm afraid Nolan was actually serious.

Sin City

- Offensive, fascist, revels in glorified violence and filth. Often mistook for being poetic. Beats me why.

Honorable mention: "The Prestige" for the oldest, cheapest, lamest and dumbest trick in the book, "The Life of David Gale" for being almost as self-righteous and dishonest as "Forrest Gump" and "American Psycho" for not only ruining a perfectly good book but totally failing to realize what said book was actually about.

30. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Agreed. I was sitting in the theaters literally pissed off. I thought this had the makings of a great monster film. M. Night is a hack.

Off the top of my head...

Diary of the Dead- Just saw this movie this week. Although Cloverfield already did the handheld thing, I thought it would work better with Zombies. I was wrong. Awful movie... Zombies are better off being actually scary. 28 days had it right (although I'm not crazy about that movie).

2. Superman Returns- We get it Brian Singer... You're gay. Maybe at one point you were an outcast or something. But Superman is not a depressed sandy vagina, so stop projecting. You ruined Superman for the next... who knows how long.

3. X-Men 3- Brett Ratner? Really? Best you could find? The movie was really really awful.

daphins and FinSane like this.
  31. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    [/amen]

Brian Singer thinks Superman is gay jesus. I'm personally daring whoever makes another Superman movie, to have a villain he can actually fight. Triple-quadruple dog daring them.

32. Big E

Big E Plus sized porn star

Nov 29, 2007
    Bloomington, IN.
    How can anyone Hate Forrest Gump?

Mummy 3. Took a brilliant movie series and ruined it.

Xmen United: Again, took a great series and made it look like crap.

Grudge 2: The first one was one of the best comedies I have ever seen. The second one didn't even make me laugh at all, and being that they were supposed to be scary...

Sceeto and slickj101 like this.
  33. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    I agree with your sin city assessment although I wouldn't say its the worst movie ever.
    The life of david gale was very disappointing, and wasn't all that unpredictable as it wanted to be. I hate when movies try to be unpredictable but do something thats been done before....... oh and yes it was far to preachy.

34. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007

I wouldn't say so either. There's certainly worse movies out there in terms of acting, production value, directing and so forth. Thousands actually. But I can somewhat tolerate incompetence. Fascist ideology pretending to be art, on the other hand, is something I can't tolerate. There might be a lot worse movies out there but few I loathe as much.

As for David Gale, it wasn't just preachy, in my opinion. That, again, I could tolerate. David Gale, however, prentented to take the moral high ground and then went ahead and completely deconstructed itself by not adhering to the very moral it ostensibly endorsed. As far as movies go, that one was as hypoctricial as they get.

35. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Tom Hanks probably is overrated, but Forrest Gump is still a great movie.

Big E likes this.
  36. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    So, so far we have Forrest Gump, Shawshank Redemption, and Rocky and their on a list of most hated movies? wtf. Thats just bizarre imo.

Sceeto, FinSane and Pagan like this.
  37. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Oh dear, I like all three of these movies. :shifty:

opfinistic likes this.
  38. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    For those who hated "The Village" because they felt lied to, it's unfortunate how it was marketed, but blame the studio and not the film. I actually feel The Village is quite underrated.

As for the three movies I hate the most, I would have to say:

1. Jumper
    2. Pay It Forward
    3. Jumper

39. Big E

Big E Plus sized porn star

Nov 29, 2007
    Bloomington, IN.
    How can you hate "Pay it Forward"? Have you no soul man??!!

40. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Guess not.

Big E likes this.