1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanksgiving Memories

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by The_Dark_Knight, Nov 22, 2011.

1. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    [video=youtube;hyFbHFf0Zxw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyFbHFf0Zxw&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Ahhhh, how I remember this Thanksgiving :up:

No one gave us a chance in this game...and I'm sure the odds are against us yet again.

Hey Dallas....REMEMBER 1993!!!!!! :tongue2:

2. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    First Dolphins game I ever watched.

3. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I also remember sitting in my (former) in-laws house on Thanksgiving and watching Marino throw 5 picks and having to control my rage. worst thanksgiving ever.

4. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    How about the 2003 beat down!

C.Chambers for 3 TDs!

[video=youtube;kjHIC8yFzPE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjHIC8yFzPE[/video]

Can't find any highlights of it though, unfortunately.

Aquafin and The_Dark_Knight like this.
  5. FasanoPaisano

FasanoPaisano Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Near People's Pizza
    I remember I was working at the St. Pete Beach Hilton as a room service waiter for that '93 Thanksgiving day. I came to work prepared with a cheap AM radio so I could listen to the radio broadcast, but found out I couldn't get any reception down in the kitchen. I remember sneaking up to the top floor in the service elevator every half hour or so to listen to it for a couple of minutes at a time, got lucky enough to hear the whole Lett thing play out and catch the game winning FG.

Too bad we went 0-5 after that game.

The_Dark_Knight likes this.
  6. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Joey Harrington pwning the Lions.

How dare you forget that.

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  7. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Back in 1977 when I was a kid I remember watching Bob Griese throw for six TD's against the St. Louis Cardinals on Thanksgiving.
    Dolphins won 55-14.

dolfan22 and The_Dark_Knight like this.
  8. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    JB Brown. ouch did he stink. Loved Louis Oliver, still one of my all time favorite dolphins. "Riding them Buffalos all the way back to Miami"

but is there a better memory than watching Aikman and Irvin hugging and then "what?!!"

9. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    I was at that game..... Was a worse experience in person.
    I had some nutbag 50 year old female Cowboy fan dressed in sequened/glitter covered clothes, boots and Cowboy hat run down from her seat 10 rows up to do some ******ed line dance routine in front of me after every Cowboy score or Phins turnover.
    I also got in a fight with their mascot outside the stadium. Literally. He bumped me with the 4 wheeler he was driving through the crowd outside in the parking lot visiting tailgating fans. I looked at him like WTF and he reved the motor. Smacked him right upside his masked mug. Security had to intervene. LOL.

Bumrush, dolfan32323, MrClean and 3 others like this.
  10. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Oh Leon Lett you big lovable ******.

11. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Remember it as well ,though not sure why we played St.Louis? Nice turkey treat , although in Canada our thanskgiving is in October.

12. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I thought the only games on Thanksgiving were at Detroit and at Dallas back then.

13. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

The thing about the 1993 Thanksgiving game I'll never forget is it was the last game we won that year and the last game that Dallas lost. :(

14. dolfan22

Found this blurb... I was just pumped to be able to watch as seeing a game then was a treat.

Nov. 24, 1977 — Miami 55, St. Louis 14

Since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970, Detroit and Dallas have hosted the two Thanksgiving afternoon games, with the exception of 1975 and 1977 when St. Louis replaced Dallas.

The Dolphins made the Cardinals wish they had never played that 1977 game.

That day, the Dolphins set team records for points and yards (503) while Bob Griese became the first NFL quarterback since 1972 to throw six touchdown passes in a game.

The Dolphins also rushed for 295 yards against a Cardinals team that actually was pretty good — St. Louis came into the game with a 7-3 record.

The victory moved Miami to 8-3 on the season on the way to a 10-4 finish that unfortunately wasn’t enough to make the playoffs.

MrClean and Killerphins like this.
  15. dolfan22

10 and 4 and no playoffs... OUCH !

16. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    well since i live in oklahoma and the ******ed media seem to be buttholes either if we win or lose. I remember three seperat thanksgivings the worst was the 99 when Maraino was injured and Damon Huard got hurt in that game if i am not mistaken but after the game a cbs ch 9 sportscaster came on and he had a plate of turkey and hesaid " umm um I am having a slice of dolphins that we carved up today" you guys talk about unprofessional this guy made me want to sic zach on his sorry ***. on the flip side us dolphin fans got crapped on again when a different sportscaster same ch 9 came on and all he said was " dallas lost enough said" I came near throwing my tv out the window.Hey guys was it a thanksgiving day when Keith Byars ran 40 yards for a touchdown in the snow is that the same leon lett game ?

17. Hellion

Hellion Crash Club Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Here and there
    Yeah that was the same game. I was in Clearwater watching it at a friends when that happened..so sweet.