1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ten Most Intriguing Players in Week 5

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Fantasy Football - Fantasy football matchups, picks, tips and more from Pro Football Weekly

1. Ronnie Brown — With the Dolphins on bye last week, this will be Brown’s first game since his stunning TD-a-thon against New England in Week Three. What can he possibly do for an encore after running for 113 yards and four TDs (and throwing for an additional TD) against a gobsmacked Patriots defense? With the Chargers visiting Miami this week, it will be interesting to see whether the Dolphins use the “Wildcat” formation that so vexed the Patriots, with QB Chad Pennington splitting out wide as a receiver and Brown taking direct snaps. It also will be interesting to see how carries are divided between Brown and Ricky Williams. Brown has replaced Williams as the starter, but against New England, the carries were divided almost evenly, with Brown getting 17 rushing attempts and Williams getting 16.

2. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    They will gameplan for Ronnie, so we'll have to be creative with Ginn and Bess if we want to go the trickery route.

3. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Ronnie is looking like he is mostly recovered from his injury. Now he just needs to quiet his doubters and continue what he started against the Patsies, and what he was doing last year prior to getting injured. Lots of big play potential here.
    I don't know that the Wildcat formation will work against the Chargers though... They are a much younger and faster defense than the Patsies... but they are minus one of their stars (Merriman) and they seem to be giving up points this year... If our secondary can keep the passing game under control, it should be a great game!!!

4. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I think that the carries were divided as evenly because that's what the game dictated. To run RB up the middle 10 more times in that game would have been counterproductive to his rehab and keeping fresh legs is just as important particularly later in the game...Heck, they even got Cobb in for some action...That's what makes me think the carries were 'planned'...

5. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    although the total attempts were close for the running backs, ronnie got almost all of his early and ricky got the carries late. I love that forumula, I hope they keep using it. Tired defenses that have to face a fresh ricky is a great way to manage the clock.

6. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    I still worry about Ronnie. He's still not supposed to be 100%. It's kind of a miracle hes been so effective.

7. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    I say give the rock to ricky and ronnie, they cant gameplane as well for both of 'em