1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ted Ginn is the new Chris Chambers

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Sep 22, 2009.

1. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville

Are you sure of that?

I mean a squirrel makes a home out of a tree, finds his food in a tree..........basically figures out how to survive off of a tree and yet you think you know more about a tree?

I was told to watch more football by someone that wasn't even born when I had over 20 years of watching football under my belt. How should I respond according to you then? Should I have said "yes sir, thank you for your guidance"..........Gimme a break

Then maybe YOU should be watching more football and quit worrying about squirrels.....:tongue2:

2. dolphans1

dolphans1 New Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Pennington missed some wide open receivers, and that throw to Ginn was way to high and got there late for him to make a catch.....

d-1

3. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    It's not just a matter of height...it's his lack of physicality

Ginn has a pacifist mentality out on the field. The guy won't fight for an extra yard much less the football.

4. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    It's hard to catch a football when the player has his hand on your jersey readjusting your arm midair.

like2god likes this.
  5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Jags rookie Nate Hughes dropped two TD passes on Sunday and he was released, Ginn drops two TD's and he is misunderstood?

I can understand fandom, I cannot understand why the magnitude of Ginn's drops is being minimized?

dirtywhiteboy and NaboCane like this.
  6. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    Wait Ginn missed two potential td passes, he dropped at least 3 passes one which hit him between the one and nine on his jersey. Ginn played well considering but when the game was on the line he proved he is not a clutch player.

7. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Did Nate also catch over 100 yards in that game, numerous third down conversions and a fourth down conversion? Didn't think so.

8. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ

Wow i watched it 2 times and thought it was a nice throw,So did the Commentaters by the way.

To me bill new we needed a vetran Wr and there were a few available but he choose not sign one so now he suck it up.

9. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    Easy brah...

People need to feel like it was justified to take this dude at #9 instead of someone else.

Its like when you buy a shirt you thought was cool and then you realize you could've bought it a week later and paid 50% less...and knowing that if you had just waited you could've gotten it for the cheaper price sooner or later...but you were impatient.

So, you try and justify having bought it when you bought it even though you know you feel like a dummy for doing it.

10. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Who's "we?" I didn't draft him. You didn't draft him. That useless POS Cam Cameron drafted him because he liked his family. WE were sold a bill of goods that we were getting a good return man. Where's that return game now? Who's returning kicks for us again? Maybe I missed something...

TheMageGandalf and jetssuck like this.
  11. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    THANK YOU :up::knucks::hi5:

12. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Nate Hughes most likely didn't catch 11 balls for 108 yards in the same game either.

Ginn was thrown at 14 (which shows a complete lack of creativity when passing, if you ask me) times and came down with 11 of them. We've seen him make very tough catches before. (the Touchdown against the seahawks last year, for example)

It sucks that he dropped that touchdown at the end, yes. But to act like he did nothing substantial yesterday (or like some think, ever as a dolphin) is just wrong.

Maybe he's not a #1. So be it. Only 5 teams in the NFL really have a #1 anyway. But he belongs on the field.

13. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    Ginn 90 receptions and 1000 yards
    monkyes will fly out of my rear end and celebrate if and when that happens

14. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    That is some of the biggest BS I have ever read.

It is because peopel have this weird thing call context and are able to not make knee jerk reactions.

15. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia

Dan Marino would have had Ted Ginn, Jr in shape by week 6 of his rookie season. :yes:

If Ginn thinks he is scared of the defenders now he would have crapped in his pants when Marino got up in his face when he cost us the game, TWICE!!! :angry:

16. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    i agree with you 110% and i dont even see how the first was his fault that was just a really bad throw when ginn was wide open

17. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Marino would have hit Ginn while he was open instead of waiting for the defender to be all over him and throwing a jump ball.

CashInFist likes this.
  18. CashInFist

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    No matter what anyone on here says the bottom line is that if Ted Ginn makes either one of those crucial TD catches we win. :yes:

NaboCane likes this.
  19. CashInFist

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia

LOL...is there anyone on here that would not trade Ted Ginn, Jr for ANY one of those guys you mentioned?

Those guys MAKE the catches that win the games for their teams.

dirtywhiteboy likes this.
  20. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    If the defense doesn't allow two touchdowns in a total of 44 seconds on offense we also win.

If Dan Carpenter doesnt miss that field goal we have a chance to win.

If we didn't run the ball twice when we should have been in the hurry up we have a chance to win.

If we don't run a draw play on 3rd and 6 we have a chance to win.

My point is just that its pointless to play the if game. There are lots of them.

alen1 likes this.
  21. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    On a night when Colts receivers were scoring TD's left and right, we should be honoring Teddy for the way he played defense. I was amazed at the way he went up in the end zone and batted down that pass.......wait what?

NaboCane likes this.
  22. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    I'd trade Ted Ginn for a bedload of Coors.

Then I'd give the Coors to homeless people.

jetssuck likes this.
  23. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    :chuckle:

jetssuck likes this.
  24. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I'm not a protectorate and I don't have an issue with Ted Ginn being criticized other days. I simply find it hilarious and a bit foolish to bash a player who had a quality game for us.
    Or they felt that there was no one out there to sign or draft to fill the need that they desire. Or they are comfortable with what they have and don't feel the need to invest heavy money or giving up a draft pick.

The only time I recall him finding the sideline is on a designed out route. I fail to understand the constant criticizing of him "dropping to the ground". Just about every time he catches a ball, there's two defensive backs. He's not going to go Regan Mauia on them and run through them like dry wall.

like2god likes this.
  25. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I disagree because we know at least that Chambers can occassionally make a game winning catch on a jump ball in the endzone.

dirtywhiteboy and Vengeful Odin like this.
  26. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    I wish Ted Ginn was as good as Chris Chambers.

27. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Ted Ginn did well as a possession receiver.....as the number one, play making WR, not so much.

Pretty much what I said , isn't it?

If you're not seeing it, look harder is my only advice.....it's there, it's always there

28. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    :chuckle: Nice Mauia reference.

On Ginns' performance...come on, Alen. Ginn dropped four passes, two in the end zone - both of which hit his hands, leaving 14 points on the field that would have won the game.

Even in the drill at the end - he went out of bounds a yard shy of the 1st down marker with no one within 5-6 yards of him! Necessitating another play, which didn't get out of bounds, which ran off about 36 seconds when we could ill-afford it.

Ginn has zero on-field awareness, starts to go down before contact even before the ball gets to him, and drops key balls...

He's the opposite of Chris Chambers, who made the highlight catches but dropped easy ones.

And given a choice, I'd take...Davone Bess over both of them.

dirtywhiteboy, jetssuck and muscle979 like this.
  29. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Again, not a number one. And he played his *** off and put up good numbers. Dropped a couple balls and people kill him for it.

Somewhat. You said "obviously they felt that he was number 1 caliber", which I dont' see as the clear case.

It's there at times, sure. Just not as bad as you and a plethora of others make it seem.

I counted three.

He did leave points on the board. You're right there. However, it happens and the way I look at it is, if he doesn't catch those eleven balls, we're not in this ball game. He extended drives, as noted numerous times earlier, and he had a quality game but its being overshadowed by two dropped pass that he had in the end zone, one which may or may not be questionable.

Yes, you're correct, he did stop short of the marker and he shouldn't have. However, he did the smart thing of getting out of bounds, which is what we needed.

I wouldn't say zero but I would say that his field awareness isn't great.

Not quite, IMO. He catches it, if there's multiple defenders he then goes down because he knows he's not going to run through them. If you want to argue that he's easily taken down due to his lack of lower body muscle, then sure I'll agree with you.

So do a number of other wide receivers that many want but fail to criticize.

I'll take that.

I know. :)

NaboCane likes this.
  30. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Again, not killing him for it....he did some good things up until he had a chance to prove himself.

And yet you're blaming others for being "picky" about Ginn.....jeez

You couldn't be more wrong

See this where most ppl would stop trying to defend him

31. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Lol, alright.

Yes, yes I am. If it comes off as hypocritical, then I am in this situation. :)

I'm willing to accept when I'm wrong but I don't think I'm wrong in this case. We can respectfully agree to disagree then.

Keyword: "most".

I don't fall under that category.

jetssuck likes this.
  32. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Dammit, that was my point ... it's a flawed comparison because Chambers was a highlight reel who couldn't make routine catches.

Last night Ginn was a possession receiver who couldn't make highlight reel catches. That's my issue. Ginn is clearly, after last night, a #2.

Your #1, whether that be TO, Randy Moss, Steve Smith, Fitz, Brandon Marshall, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, OchoCinco, Bowe, Colston, Bryant, Roy Williams, Edwards, Manningham, Houshmanzadeh, Boldin, Holt, Santana Moss, Jackson, Wayne, Jennings, Santonio Holmes, or someone else I've forgotten, makes that play last night.

That's what great players do. They make great plays. Ginn is simply a good player on a good team. All of those guys I listed make that catch - one critical catch - to win the game. Ginn's tremendous game (and it was tremendous) doesn't matter much because he didn't come up when we needed him.

33. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Sean Smith makes that catch. :wink2:

34. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville

ok...:hi5:

35. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    With one hand...

36. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    I was actually going to include that in my huge rant I posted, lol.

You're being a bit facetious, but we're so damn creative, why not try him at the end of the day? We're 0-2, why not give it a shot? He's clearly shown he's a better jump ball weapon at this point than anyone else on the roster. Maybe they don't want him moonlighting this early? :confused2: But this staff is so damn smart, you know they have to have at least considered it.

While we're looking for players to blame, why the hell can't Turner be active? He sure would have been useful on those red zone plays. He's looking like this year's Shawn Murphy.

Frumundah Finnatic and NaboCane like this.
  37. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    you're stretching on a lot of those players. We have yet to see Manningham (one game makes him clutch!? he SHOULD have dropped his big td the other night, hes just lucky it bounced back into his hands), Bowe, Braylon Edwards (we're talking about drops right?), Housh, Bryant, Jackson or Roy Williams make any big time clutch plays. And Santana Moss? You're kidding me right? The dude has never EVER come through when needed. EVER.

But that's just proof that there aren't many #1's in this league. I agree with the rest of your list. but that means only half the league has a 'true' #1.

Vengeful Odin likes this.
  38. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    The first "drop" in the endzone was not a drop. It wasn't in his hands. It was the secomd throw in a row from Pennington that was slightly overthrown. Ginn can do nothimg right for his critics. There are certain "fans" who hated his pick so much that they actually wan him to fail so that they can be "right" about him. He has made good progress every ywar since he was drafted. Should he have caught that ball at the end of the game? Yes. However, it's not like he's had tons of experience catching that ball a the NFL level. It also should have been PI, with us having a chance to punch it in from the one. I can't wait until we have a QB in the game who can actually hit him in stride on a deep ball. When we have that, Ginn will be catching td's, and will be a "playmaker" for us.

No fan of the Phins should be as invested in this kids failure as some of you are.
    Posted via Mobile Device

39. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Drops are okay - TO leads the league in that department - but I want someone I can turn to when the game is on the line. I think that I'd look to all of those guys to win the game before Ted. That's all I'm really saying.

Heck, if it's any consolation, I considered adding Josh Morgan, Bernard Berrian, and Devin Hester to the list. But I thought that would be pushing it. :lol:

40. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Being able to put Turner out there in red zone situations would be nice; another reason to hate that damned inactive list.

Another thing I wondered: Brian Hartline made a really nice grab with a DB draped all over him early in the game; I wonder why he wasn't used more?

Vengeful Odin likes this.