1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tecmo Bowl Kickoff

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Vengeful Odin, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    So I'm traveling this week, and on a whim, decided to buy a new game for my DS. I was surprised to see Tecmo Bowl Kickoff on sale at Best Buy for a mere $10. I loved the original game, so I was excited to grab it and see it in action.

It plays nearly exactly like the original Tecmo Super Bowl for the Nintendo, and looks about the same too. What's cool is that in addition to customizing your playbooks, the entire roster (including teams, players, and skill attributes) is completely customizable. It does stink a bit that there aren't real NFL teams and players, but being able to make your own makes up for it, in my opinion.

Straightaway I did some research and found all the old Tecmo ratings from the old game, based on the old 6/13/19/25/31/38/44/50/56/63/69/75/81/88/94/100 ratings from back in the day. I took my research further by basing the Dolphins roster on classic players from that game. So, Joey Porter is based on Lawrence Taylor, Jake Long on Anthony Munoz, etc. Ronnie Brow? Well I based him on the best Tecmo Bowler of all time (with apologies to Christian Okoye), Bo Jackson.

You get points at the end of the season in a system that's a lot like Tecmo III for the Super Nintendo, so my players aren't quite mirror copies of their classic counterparts.

I'm only about midway through my first season, but I'm having a blast and can't recommend it enough, especially if you can find it for 10 bucks like I did.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A