1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Tebow's trust in God's purpose makes backing up Sanchez more palatable"

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by ToddsPhins, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

Mar 13, 2012

He's making millions of dollars a year playing a game. Actually, he's playing a position the he can't play well. Why? Hardwork.

He's extremely successful.

2. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

Mar 13, 2012

Science has proven that there is no God?

Well, when the **** did this happen? Thats the greatest scientific discovery EVER!

And , your name is Pagan? Has science debunked any of that religion too? ;)

3. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

Mar 13, 2012

What invented the planes? ;)

Also, religion had nothing to do with 9/11. Crazy people who warped religion did. If I claimed I was a tiger and proceeded to kill all the little kids in my neighborhood...would you blame tigers?

4. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    :huh:

WTH are you talking about? He represents the best of the best, one of the top 50 people in the country at his craft!

5. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Indirectly it did---- by debunking half the claims and beliefs of religion.

6. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Ah...the typical religious person, twisting my words. ;)

Where did I say that? I said science has debunked their beliefs, not their god.

It's already proven wrong the ridiculous notion of the earth being only 6,000 years old. Did the religious accept that? Nope. I could go on, but just that one example proves my point. :)

Your ignorance is showing. Paganism isn't a religion, my friend. There are no "churches," there are no "leaders". There's no set day to "worship". There's basically nothing to debunk, since it's all earth-based.

Do some research. No one of our faith claims what we do is the "one true" thing. ;)

7. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    absoulutely it did. warped religion is still religion, amirite? Its all personal belief. The Quran teaches hate, hostility and supremecy.

claiming to be a tiger and killing kids would make you crazy, not a tiger. tigers don't teach hate, hostility and supremecy and I doubt the tigers would claim responsibility for your actions. tigers aren't required to answer for their crimes or live in a civilized world. a tiger doesn't teach tigers to kill other tigers because of their beliefs or what part of the jungle they live in.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/Quran-Hate.htm

Science invented the plane, invented the building, invented the pilot, but religion is the reason it all happened.

8. McLovin

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka

Step forward and collect your Nobel Prize sir. :lol:

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    The Quran doesn't teach hate, hostility or supremecy. Where did you hear that?

Bulldog likes this.
  10. McLovin

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    have you ever read the Quran bro? its downright scary sometimes.

Supremecy

Hatred

Hositilty

11. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    I'm a Muslim, lol. I've read it plenty of times. There is no hatred, hostility or supremacy involved. I'm interested to know where you got those translations.

12. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Don't play semantics with me. lol...QB play is relative just like anything else. Sure, he's a better QB than you and I, but as far as pro NFL QB's go he's horrible.

Look, I love the guy. I'd love to have him on the Dolphins. Just not playing QB.

13. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

Mar 13, 2012
    No it hasn't. Science and religion don't have to be polar opposites.

14. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

Mar 13, 2012

So what you're saying is that you stereotype all Christians? Do you think all Christians believe the Earth is 6000 years old?

I love it when someone calls me ignorant about a topic that they supposedly know a lot about and show their ignorance in the process of doing it.

Do you think religion is defined by "leaders", "churches", and "set times of worship"?

Whether paganism is legally defined as a religion is at the heart of this issue, because the US officially provides legal protections and freedom of religion. The US Supreme Court has defined religion as a belief or practice which holds a place parallel to God in the life of an individual — in other words, if it’s kind of like Christianity, it’s a religion. While this may seem vague and unhelpful, the court has refrained from being more specific than that, recognizing that the cultural definition of religion can change over time. And so far the courts have largely ruled that paganism is, indeed, a religion; but this is an ongoing battle.

http://druidjournal.net/2010/05/14/defining-paganism-iv-is-paganism-a-religion/

Pagan's practicing religion and doesn't even know it! ;)

15. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Claiming to be a Muslim and killing innocent people by flying planes into buildings makes a person sane? No. It makes them just as insane as the guy pretending to be a tiger and killing little children.

Insanity, brainwashing, radicalism, hatred....all of those things created 9/11. Not religion. People kill other people. That's just how it is, religion or no religion.

16. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Bulldog, I think you're referring to faith, not religion. Pagan's talking about religion.

17. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Hey McLovin, shouldn't you be lighting candles at the temple you dedicated to Tom Brady's jockstrap?

McLovin and Bulldog like this.
  18. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Yea...you ARE ignorant. If you had bothered to read a little farther down you'd have seen where the author said:

Or this....

All from the same article. Like I said before...typical religious person. Find what agrees with your point, cherry pick it, and ignore the rest of the article.

Thank you for proving my point though. :)

19. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    Tim Tebow would love this thread.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  20. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Are you an anonymous Muslim? :shifty:

21. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    I'm Tim Tebow.

22. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Mind blown

23. plc001

plc001 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Say what you want. Even if you include backup QBs, being the top 64 talent in the world is still pretty successful. There isn't a player in the NFL that isn't successful.

Bulldog likes this.
  24. uab_phin

uab_phin New Member

Dec 13, 2010
    I never said faith in god is the only type of faith I merely stated that his faith in god is what he uses to gain inner strength and that I see nothing wrong with that. We all use faith in some way, many people wouldn't attend college or work out unless they had faith that they weren't going to die immediately, they do these things because they have faith that it will pay dividends in the future.

Using an external source as a crutch as you call it is also what most professional athletes do, when they go through their routines, Evan Longoria uses a foul pole to always remind him to take a breathe and he gives a lot of credit to this part of his routine for his success. Even taking a coaches advice is as external as anything Tebow does. If Tebow decides to start hurting people because his god tells him to do that than yes I agree that he should find a new external source, but as of right now nothing he's doing should piss people off the way it has.

Bulldog likes this.
  25. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Do I need to break out the long list of atrocities committed in the name of Christianity(hell just last week an abortion clinic was bombed)? or should I bring out the list of Popes who were no better than Nero or Caligula?

26. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    You realize there are millions and billions of more UNSUCCESSFUL religious people than successful ones correct?

I'm sorry but I don't see how anyone could worship a God who knowingly created flawed creatures and makes them suffer for their flaws? The idea of that is completely disgusting to me. I don't discount the possibility of creation, what I discount is the God in religious text. More people have died because of religion than ANY other reason. It has caused more pain and suffering than ANYTHING else in the world. That is flat out disgusting. I'm not going to get into a debate explaining myself or my reasoning.

All I know is that I feel the suffering of others every single day. I know if I were ever to create a world I would make sure NOT ONE PERSON had to feel the things people on this planet are put through. That alone makes me better than any God in any text.

Everyone has the right to believe what they want, but at the end of the day there can only be one truth. Even if Christianity was correct, I would rather go to hell than worship in a disgusting God who causes pain and suffering to his creations. Power, even ultimate power, does not equal correctness.

27. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Perpetuating false ideas should piss people off.

28. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

Mar 13, 2012
    I cherry picked nothing. I used the opinion of the United States Supreme Court. It is their current ruling that Paganism is a religion. I don't care either way. If you don't want to call what it is you do "religion", fine.

However, deeming something as a religion or not a religion, regardless, has nothing to do with what you said: "leaders", "churches", and "set times of worship".

Also, it seems that you're not only stereotyping Christians, but all Pagans. Are you telling me that all Pagans believe as you do, that Paganism isn't a religion? Have you asked all of them?

Paganism represents a wide variety of traditions that emphasize reverence for nature and a revival of ancient polytheistic and animistic religious practices.

Formed: Since the religious traditions that contemporary Paganisms draw on and seek to restore are ancient, the early 20th century date reflects only the revival of the practices and the communities that are sustained by them.

www.patheos.com

Paganism describes a group of contemporary religions based on a reverence for nature. These faiths draw on the traditional religions of indigenous peoples throughout the world.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/paganism/ataglance/glance.shtml

I discovered Paganism when I was in my mid-twenties, and felt very comfortable with the religion and it's ideals.

http://mistyhorizon2003.hubpages.com/hub/What-is-Paganism

As Wicca is currently the most well-known modern Pagan religion, many people tend to assume that all modern Pagans share the specific beliefs of Wicca (e.g. belief in a God and Goddess, the eight festival "wheel of the year," the Wiccan Rede, etc.). That assumption is simply incorrect. People who make that assumption generally end up very confused when they encounter some of the many modern Pagan religions that are not based on Wicca.

When many people think of modern Pagan religions, they think of Wicca. While Wicca is probably the largest Pagan of the modern Pagan religions and certainly gets the most media attention, there are actually many Pagan religions. Listed here are a few of the religions that many consider to fall under the collective term "Pagan":

And sometimes individuals and sub-groups of the following religions self-identify as Pagan:

• Candomble
    • Demonolatry
    • Santeria
    • Satanism (Theistic Satanists are the most likely to identify as Pagan)
    • Voudon
    Not only are there other Pagan religions besides those listed here, but many of these religions have sub-divisions (denominations/sects/traditions) within them.

I hope my post helps you to better understand your religion. ;)

29. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

Mar 13, 2012

Do I need to name all of the atrocities committed in the name of "love"? Nation? Colors? Names? ;)

Were Nero and Caligula Christians? Were they good people? ;)

I hope you understand the point I'm making.

30. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

Mar 13, 2012
    No, I don't "realize" that. Your post is nothing more that hyperbole, falsities, assumptions, presumptions, stereotypes, and misconstrued notions. I can't take it seriously because there is nothing inherently true about it. It's just you spewing or regurgitating the nonsense that all irreligious people do. Nothing more...

31. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

Mar 13, 2012
    OK...I'll start with being pissed at you. :)

32. uab_phin

uab_phin New Member

Dec 13, 2010
    What happened to everyone has the right to believe what they want?

Should you Saying that you're better than any god piss people off? It seems slightly subjective

33. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    yeah but people do that without religion also.

Bulldog likes this.
  34. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    People can be stupid with or without religion.
    People can kill with or without religion.

Trying to blame religion solely for those things is, well it's stupid. People will always find a reason to kill one another. If you believe in evolution then you believe this idea, as it boils down to battles over resources, and reproduction. And people will always be stupid or ignorant or otherwise.

Bulldog likes this.
  35. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    This is one of the best football related threads ever.

Frumundah Finnatic and Bulldog like this.
  36. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    such your mouth whore of babylon

37. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Heathen!!

Nice 'Vette BTW.

BicketyBam likes this.
  38. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Well...God loves us. Tebow (and some others) loves God. Tebow loves fooball. So just by association, God loves all of football.

Except the Jets. I think he loves the person, but hates the Jets. :)

39. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    It's not an organized religion. That is where buildings of worship, clergy, etc etc come in. What part of organized religion eludes you?

I'm not religious, I'm spiritual. There's a difference. Or should I get the Supreme Court to say that so you'll accept it?

They call it a religion so pompous, arrogant, have to be right all the time people such as yourself can label it and understand it. ;)

I should know better. I keep getting sucked into discussions with religious people. Special Olympics analogy in 3...2...1. :p

40. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Now you're changing the criteria? First it wasn't a religion. After I showed you your error, now it's not an "organized" religion and "they" call it a religion only so people "like me" can label it? What? So much flip-flpping...brain hurts.

Again, I don't care what you want to call it..religion, belief, etc...However, you claimed that it wasn't a religion. It seems that a lot of Pagans disagree with you.

Regardless, we're arguing semantics here. Paganism is a form of religion...like it or not. Being spiritual, to most people, is being religious. You become religious by being spiritual. You say that you're spiritual. Great. You have your own set of beliefs that come from your heart. You don't follow any set rulebook. In short, you have your own religion. How many people believing in the same thing does it take to be deemed a religion...in your opinion?