1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team defense will be crucial for Miami Dolphins vs. Saints

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan7171, Oct 23, 2009.

1. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
  2. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    i've heard jason taylor say similar things. i've heard him talk about all the things you can do to disrupt plays that doesn't show up on the stats.

Jeffrey and dolfan7171 like this.
  3. dolfan7171

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Ok....good point. Thanks for that.

4. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    i can't tell if that's a complement or if you're being sarcastic. the reason i think it might be sarcasm is because i didn't really give any examples of what i was talking about. I just know i've heard JT make a similar comment compared to what sparano said about every play doesn't have to be a sack or int. i just thinkk its neat that our coach and player(s) are on the same page. i believe JT was talking about stuff like forcing a QB to throw it away, batting down passes, or even making a player, like a RB, run away from you and get tackled by someone else for a loss. you know, things that change the outcome of a game and/or play, but doesn't show up on the stat sheets.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  5. Thunderbolt89

Thunderbolt89 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    I agree with the article especially saying consistency is the key. Yes every play doesn't have to end in a sack but it is important to get pressure on Brees so as not to give him a chance to think and cause him to throw some bad throws. If we let Brees get comfortable it will get bad because Brees is a top qb in the league on a great team. This is a very important week for the defense they need to step up and not give up big plays or miss tackles. The Saints are a great team the Fins need to be at their best on Sunday.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  6. dolfan7171

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I was giving you a complement. You didn't need to give any examples. I remember reading about JT saying the same thing before. You did make a good point and it served as reminder to me since I forgot about that. Sorry about that. I guess I should have rephrased that.

RickyNeverInhaled likes this.
  7. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    the only thing i hate about forums is that its easy to take someone the wrong way. lol. that's why i usually ask before jumping to conclusions.

back on topic though, it would be nice to have the total team defense that we had back in the "no name defense" days. i think we can get back to that, even know we have a couple of "names" on our D. We have more of a Team Offense than we do a team defense. that's why i'm glad Sparano is preaching on this subject.

8. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    How about every other play?:pointlol:

9. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    If it was sarcasm he would have used this...

[​IMG]

RickyNeverInhaled likes this.