1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taylor to be a Dolphin again?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Topdawg13, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Topdawg13

Topdawg13 New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Indiana
    -Link-

2. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    There's no reason. Taylor has lost his legs as a pass rusher, and Koa Misi can do everything he does better at this point.

SICK and Desides like this.
  3. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    ............................................______ __
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,
    .........................,/...............................................”:,
    .....................,?........................... ...........................\,
    .................../.................................................. .........,}
    ................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
    .............../.................................................. .,:”........./
    ..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\

Paul 13, SICK and TheAnswer385 like this.
  4. Topdawg13

Topdawg13 New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Indiana

Obviously at this point in Jason's career, he's nothing more than a part-time player, and that's what he would be here. More or less just playing on passing downs, and being a mentor to Wake, and Misi, like Trace Armstrong was to Jason, IF he does come back.

5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Eh, tbh we could use a 150 snap type of pt passrusher, and JT could help Misi as Wake mentioned he and porter clued him in, but there is a part of me who thinks "eegades he is like the psycho ex girlfriend waiting in your drive way at 1 am in the morning".

Bottom is not a terrible football move, would help sooth some jaded fans, but still...eeck.

Trowa likes this.
  6. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    I'd much rather get into Ray Edwards sweepstakes.
    Bringing Taylor back is futile and also a little bit laughable.... :up:

7. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Ahh, but you are missing the real joy of bringing JT back.

It would annoy you to no end...and that would be worth it to me!

:lol:

:ffic:

smahtaz and Killerphins like this.
  8. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    **** him.

SICK, alen1 and Ronnie Bass like this.
  9. Shamboubou

Shamboubou Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Not after his superbowl chase with the Jets last year. He chose to be tainted with a Jets jersey. You couldn't hold that against Pennington because he had no choice in the matter.

Puka-head likes this.
  10. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    No thank you. Man needs to friggin retire. We can find someone else to be part-time pass rusher.

11. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I see little downside, if we can't find anyone else, to signing Taylor to a 1 yr vet minimum contract, with no assurances other than he will get the chance to compete for a backup job.

12. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    You know, 4-5 years ago, if I were to tell you all we'd be talking this way about an all-time Dolphins great, you'd all vote to have me banned for trolling.

...and I would have no choice but to take up a Jamaican accent and start a psychic hotline. Until today, when I would rub it all in your faces.

Thanks for your time JT, and Godspeed.

ps: retire.

dolfan32323 likes this.
  13. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    That ship sailed the moment he put on the jest uniform.

14. Disgustipate

Nov 25, 2007
    That's what the Jets ended up saying he was going to do. Rex Ryan talked a big game about "using him right". Which ended up still being as a run defender.

15. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    And despite what he thinks that bridge was also burned down, so if I was JT I wouldn't think about crossing it.....ever.

16. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I see JT as a potential fall back option as a part time player. It's nothing I'd get excited about on the field, but it could fill a hole. And I agree that best part would be the annoyance to all the people who (unreasonably) hated the man after all the years he was a great player for us.

17. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    Not surprised at all you would come in with a shot like that. I live in Jets country, there is no team in all of sports I hate more than the the Jets, the very worst team he could have signed with. Maybe one day I will get past it but before you past judgement on me you really should live in my shoes in New Jersey.

18. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I live in an area that is primarily made up of Raider fans which is a team I dislike as much as any. I don't "hate" any team as I see that in itself as rather ridiculous. But I wouldn't begrudge any player the right to earn a living or do what they love (play football) so there's no way I would not get over a player going to any team.

Aquafin and MrClean like this.
  19. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    Well, aren't you special.

SICK and padre31 like this.
  20. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I hate the Jets.

smahtaz, Paul 13, xphinfanx and 5 others like this.
  21. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    He and Zach will soon be in the ring at Joe Robbie.

22. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I thought the Dolphins wanted a good pass rusher in case Koa Misi can't pick up the slack when/if Cam Wake gets doubled/tripled.

TiP54 likes this.
  23. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    I see this as likely as Dan and Don coming back. However, I would love to see JT & ZT coming back this year as coaches. JT would be perfect for Misi, and would help Wake. ZT's files and analysis on blockers is as good as it gets, from what I've heard.

That would be a good deal.

24. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Again, I re-emphasize...I thought the idea was to get a good pass rusher to be an insurance policy for Wake and Misi.

Killerphins likes this.
  25. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    I don't see what's wrong with Taylor's performance as a part time starter/situational rusher last year. Sure, he isn't a 10+ sack machine anymore and he's lost a step or two, but as a situational guy/insurance policy, you can do a lot worse. Strictly in terms of football ability, I don't want to get into the whole "why Jason Taylor is a traitor" thing again.

26. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    It's not the "traitor" thing Vendi, per PFF JT was one of the least productive passrushers in the NFL last yr and over the last 3 yrs:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...rs-of-pass-rushing-productivity-edge-rushers/

Stepping back and looking at the situation, in 09 he was "supposed" to be a part time passrusher, Roth was cut and he played starter snaps, in 10 he was "supposed" to be a part time passrusher, Calvin Pace was suspended, and he started those 4 games, and in 08 he had a serious calf injury that limited his effectiveness in DC.

Excuses for his play on my part?

Perhaps, also think he is one of those players with a knack of being in the right place at the right time.

MrClean likes this.
  27. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    And yet he was more productive than Koa Misi without getting the half the starts Misi did (I can't say how they compare snap-wise, tho). Listen, I'm not saying Taylor's a great pass rusher anymore. He isn't. And I'm not even in favor of bringing him in. But if you're looking for an insurance policy (read: a guy who can take over in a pinch and do his job reasonably well), then there's worse you can do. I'd certainly take Taylor - again, football ability, not personality - over anything else we got there at the moment.

28. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Maybe, maybe not, but being of the opinion that it's silly to actually hate somebody just b/c they played for a certain team once is hardly remarkable.

29. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    True, Misi was not productive as a passrusher in 2010, however would it then follow that JT would be the best answer to fill a niche role?

Keep in mind that role also requires the player to contribute on Special Teams as well.

30. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    Difference is I don't act like I'm above everyone else, for example I have never said it's "unreasonable" for you not hold a grudge against JT or it's "ridiculous" not hate the Jets, or add in the fact I have ever said it's "remarkable" that I do while you on the other hand is quite eager to judge those who think differently than you.

31. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    The only time I want to see the Dolphins sign him is for a one day contract so he can retire as a Dolphin. We can never take away from him the time he spent for us previous to his departure. He'll retire a Dolphin, he'll go into the Hall of Fame as a Dolphin, period... end of statement.

32. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I never judge people nor do I hold myself above them. But I do judge actions as those which I agree with and those I don't. Somehow you believe that I can't find it unreasonable for someone to hate a person just b/c he played on a certain team once. I personally don't see "hate" as a laudable emotion. I don't see any reason why I am not allowed to have that opinion or to express it. If you felt put down then that's on you, not me.

MrClean likes this.
  33. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Please don't batch me in that mindset. I disliked Taylor long before he went to the Jets.

34. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I agree with you on this....
    I don't think people in Buffalo hate Thurman Thomas.

35. MrClean

I think you mean undermined. Underminded isn't a word.

36. MrClean

I hate the Jets and Pats and Bills all the same.

37. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    Oh G-d, not this again. This is starting to look like Brett Favre part 2. It's time for the Dolphins to PUNT on him.

38. Disgustipate

Nov 25, 2007
    Taylor rushed the passer 409 times, Misi 253 times. Misi is way more productive on a per-snap basis.

Killerphins likes this.
  39. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    I never said that, you just don't need to act like we can't have an opinion in the matter, just show some respect instead of telling us our opinions our ridiculous, especially since you are a moderator.

40. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Like I said, I didn't "act" like I was above anybody or ever say that you couldn't have an opinion. All I did was say that I thought that a certain opinion was unreasonable. Saying that you find another opinion unreasonable is not disrespectful or placing yourself above anyone. It is simply having an opinion of your own. If anybody feels they are below another or takes that as disrespect that's on them.