Taylor-Parcells not talking bother you?
32 replies
Everybody's talking about him saying he's in "five times better shape now than when I was defensive player of the year."
Everybody's talking except for Jason Taylor and Bill Parcells.
Am I the only one that finds this odd, bizarre, weird, out of the ordinary and otherwise strange? Bill Parcells sits down and has lunch with Ricky Williams, talks to much less gifted players on the team, seemingly meets with Jeff Ireland every five minutes, but since taking over as the Dolphins football czar he and Jason Taylor have talked all of 30 seconds?
I wrote about that 30-second communication in a column I wrote in late April. Taylor confirmed that communication (or lack of it) during his Sunday conversation. "I haven't talked to him so I really don't know him," Taylor said of Parcells. "I met him, obviously, for 30 seconds ... But I don't know him."

"ATVZ400 wrote:
LINK
http://forums.thephins.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=3
IMO, Ricky has been more straight forward with Parcells. Example, hes only going to play for another 2 years and wants to do it in MIA. JT has been "dancing" around questions for too long.
Silence

It's ******* Golden.
Parcells' 11th QB commandment was "Thou shall not be a celebrity!" He HATES what JT is doing, but will love him again when the pads go on. :up:

"jason8er wrote:
Parcells' 11th QB commandment was "Thou shall not be a celebrity!" He HATES what JT is doing, but will love him again when the pads go on. :up:
BP is all about football 1st, all other bull**** 2nd. All JT has been reported talking about (maybe thinking about) lately is acting/dancing. Of course BP is going to have an issue with a situation like that.
Silence

It's ******* Golden.
"jason8er wrote:
He HATES what JT is doing, but will love him again when the pads go on
Parcells is not a very forgiving man. Taylor better be in the shape of his life come training camp or Parcells might well fire him on the spot. The way things are going, I expect an ugly ending. This has "power struggle" written all over it and Parcells isn't going to lose it. I don't think that Taylor will be traded and I don't he'll play for us this year. I firmly believe he's going to be cut as soon as he provides Parcells with a good enough excuse - such as not performing stellar in training camp because he missed the conditioning program.
We can forgive a man for making a useful thing as long as he does not admire it. The only reason for making a useless thing is that one admires it intensely. All art is quite useless.
No he's not the coach. JT is talking to the coach. Bill is ownership, it doesn't matter if they don't say two words to each other all year. This is nothing going on, I want to sell papers, so lets over hype something stuff.
________________________________________
"It's a bunch of drunk, mid-30s type of crowd who are very well-educated," Evans said. "Much more vocal. A little bit more crazy. It's a little nastier playing down there, to be honest."
--Sounders Midfielder Brad Evans on Portland vs Seattle Fans--
Thanks for the correct link, brother. :hi5:
Well, we dont know what is going on...that's for sure. However, if the staff told the players they expected them all to particpate in the off season program, and JT or someone else made decisions to do something else, then my guess is the staff would not be happy with that person. Maybe that's where all this is coming from.
The staff doesn't work for JT, they are his superiors, and the responsibility is his to be subordinate to them and their plan for the team.
I like Jason Taylor, but being a coach myself with an off season program to run I've been down this path myself on the staff end. The bottom line is they are trying to build a winner and they are going to do what they have to in order to get us there.
1972: THE ONLY PERFECT SEASON
WELCOME TO MIAMI:
WR J. Waddle
EDGE J. Phillips
1. JT definitely WILL be in the shape of his life, my wife is a professional dancer and trust me, JT is in better shape now than ever. JT even said it himself he is in better shape now than he was when he won DPOTY.
2. BP is upper management, there is NO need for BP and JT to talk. all JT needs to do is get his butt into camp ASAP.
3. Once JT does get into camp, he and Parcells will very likely become best of friends, it is Parcells nature to develop close relationships with his best players. I see no reason for that not to happen with JT when he gets back into playing/practicing football.
4. Man I am so sick of this topic, I can't wait till JT gets done with DWTS and starts getting into strength conditioning at Davie.
5. Thanks for the thread, nothing else to talk about much this time of the year. :lol:
2011 & 2006 World Champions, 2013 National League Champions; St. Louis Cardinals!

"DOLFANMIKE wrote:
Well, we dont know what is going on...that's for sure. However, if the staff told the players they expected them all to particpate in the off season program, and JT or someone else made decisions to do something else, then my guess is the staff would not be happy with that person. Maybe that's where all this is coming from.
The staff doesn't work for JT, they are his superiors, and the responsibility is his to be subordinate to them and their plan for the team.
I like Jason Taylor, but being a coach myself with an off season program to run I've been down this path myself on the staff end. The bottom line is they are trying to build a winner and they are going to do what they have to in order to get us there.
Two problems with that.
1. Taylor signed the dancing with the stars contract and made the committment before this staff was in place. It's not like they said not to and JT did the opposite, instead they were never in a position to be consulted.
2. The staff (i.e. Sparano who runs the workouts, training sessions, and the depth chart) has no problem with JT dancing. In fact Sparano has given his blessing.
The ones who have the problem are Ireland and Parcells, and in my opinion they should focus more on the personnel moves and acquiring talent then worrying about Jason's dancing.
Honestly, I could care less if they are talking or not. You would like your players to have a good bond with all members of the organization but if not, so be it. What seems to be forgotten in all of this is that Tony Sparano is the HC, not BP. As long as JT is communicating with the defensive coaches/Sparano and is producing, I am fine with it. I know he and Sparano have been talking, texting each other according to Sparano himself, thats all I need to hear. I am glad Parcells is here and he is making these moves but hes not the HC this time, its Sparano.
"finsincebirth wrote:
Two problems with that.
1. Taylor signed the dancing with the stars contract and made the committment before this staff was in place. It's not like they said not to and JT did the opposite, instead they were never in a position to be consulted.
2. The staff (i.e. Sparano who runs the workouts, training sessions, and the depth chart) has no problem with JT dancing. In fact Sparano has given his blessing.
The ones who have the problem are Ireland and Parcells, and in my opinion they should focus more on the personnel moves and acquiring talent then worrying about Jason's dancing.
Exactly, nice post.
I dont care that they arent talking. I do care that JT is not with his team at OTA's. Those are voluntary in name only.
And for the record there is a massive difference between being in shape and being in football shape. Its a massive difference. Dance shape is more cardio whereas football shape would be more power and agility related.
"finsincebirth wrote:
Two problems with that.
1. Taylor signed the dancing with the stars contract and made the committment before this staff was in place. It's not like they said not to and JT did the opposite, instead they were never in a position to be consulted.
2. The staff (i.e. Sparano who runs the workouts, training sessions, and the depth chart) has no problem with JT dancing. In fact Sparano has given his blessing.
The ones who have the problem are Ireland and Parcells, and in my opinion they should focus more on the personnel moves and acquiring talent then worrying about Jason's dancing.
These are both good points, and show how entangled and complex all of this can be. However, his first contract was with the Miami Dolphins. His first Committment is with the Dolphins, and his big paycheck comes with the Dolphins. Even if the situation changed in Miami expectation wise, that happens all the time in most fields.
If the brass simply can't handle him being gone, they should move him and be done with it.
1972: THE ONLY PERFECT SEASON
WELCOME TO MIAMI:
WR J. Waddle
EDGE J. Phillips
"DOLFANMIKE wrote:
These are both good points, and show how entangled and complex all of this can be. However, his first contract was with the Miami Dolphins. His first Committment is with the Dolphins, and his big paycheck comes with the Dolphins. Even if the situation changed in Miami expectation wise, that happens all the time in most fields.
If the brass simply can't handle him being gone, they should move him and be done with it.
Yes he was under contract with the dolphins and his priority is to them, but this is his offseason. Normally he would be playing golf and smoking cigars, instead he's dancing.
I didn't like how Taylor said on ESPN this morning that he would rather be thought of by people by his acting in ten years, instead of football.
I truly believe that this situation has been totally blown out of proportion and it's bothering me that Taylor-Parcells not talking is bothering people...

Oh, it's bothering me, but only because it's the only Dolphins news going on right now. JT has given over a decade to the Dolphins and gutted through times when we had some of the worst front office personnel in the league. I don't care what he does during the offseason. I don't care what Parcells thinks of the situation either. I'm just sick of all of the faux drama.

Many thanks to the awesome staff and members of the site, all of whom contribute tirelessly to an incredible Dolphins fansite.
"finsincebirth wrote:
Two problems with that.
1. Taylor signed the dancing with the stars contract and made the committment before this staff was in place. It's not like they said not to and JT did the opposite, instead they were never in a position to be consulted.
2. The staff (i.e. Sparano who runs the workouts, training sessions, and the depth chart) has no problem with JT dancing. In fact Sparano has given his blessing.
The ones who have the problem are Ireland and Parcells, and in my opinion they should focus more on the personnel moves and acquiring talent then worrying about Jason's dancing.
I haven't read one single quote from either Parcells or Ireland talking about them having a problem with JT. I challenge anyone to produce one because none exist so far...
JT is whining to the media because he wants to get traded. Parcells has publicly stated that he wants to keep JT a number of times. JT is the one who is trying to negotiate through the media. He doesn't hold the cards, he is signed and under contract. He should know better after watching Chad Johnson publicly make a fool of himself for the past few months..
"THCMAN wrote:
I haven't read one single quote from either Parcells or Ireland talking about them having a problem with JT. I challenge anyone to produce one because none exist so far...
JT is whining to the media because he wants to get traded. Parcells has publicly stated that he wants to keep JT a number of times. JT is the one who is trying to negotiate through the media. He doesn't hold the cards, he is signed and under contract. He should know better after watching Chad Johnson publicly make a fool of himself for the past few months..
I believe there was an instance when Jason walked in to the film room and BP gave him the cold shoulder.
"alen1 wrote:
I believe there was an instance when Jason walked in to the film room and BP gave him the cold shoulder.
I read that, but I'm sure you know the only reason any of us know that happened is because JT told a reporter about it...
"THCMAN wrote:
I haven't read one single quote from either Parcells or Ireland talking about them having a problem with JT. I challenge anyone to produce one because none exist so far...
JT is whining to the media because he wants to get traded. Parcells has publicly stated that he wants to keep JT a number of times. JT is the one who is trying to negotiate through the media. He doesn't hold the cards, he is signed and under contract. He should know better after watching Chad Johnson publicly make a fool of himself for the past few months..
He has also regularly received words of encouragement from the Dolphins' new coach, Tony Sparano. But Taylor's unhappy about the silent treatment from new football czar Bill Parcells and new general manager Jeff Ireland, who are displeased that Dancing kept Taylor from offseason workouts with his teammates.
Granted it's not a direct quote from either source, but we aren't making stuff up. And this isn't a trade me ploy by JT, because he hasn't requsted a trade in all this. He's only stated his displeasure at being ingored by Parcells. Besides, it's not like Parcells is innocent in this whole game anyway. Because he's been sending mixed signals throught this whole thing.
"finsincebirth wrote:
He's only stated his displeasure at being ingored by Parcells. Besides, it's not like Parcells is innocent in this whole game anyway. Because he's been sending mixed signals throught this whole thing.
What has Parcells done to send signals on JT that is different than how he's treated any other player? The only thing he or Ireland did that I can think of is comment on whether or not they listened to trade offers. What am I missing? It seems like JT is making all the noise.
1972: THE ONLY PERFECT SEASON
WELCOME TO MIAMI:
WR J. Waddle
EDGE J. Phillips
"THCMAN wrote:
I read that, but I'm sure you know the only reason any of us know that happened is because JT told a reporter about it...
True.
The only part that bothers me is that BP giving somebody the silent treatment sounds more like something a pissed off girlfriend does than something a great leader does.
