1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tanny setting records

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by OkiePhin, Oct 9, 2012.

1. OkiePhin

OkiePhin Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2011
    Oklahoma
    phinnhedd and Sceeto like this.
  2. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    That's awesome! Think of how good he will be with a year under his belt and more weapons!

3. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Tanny has defiantly proved me wrong by how well he has played early. I thought he would struggle a lot more. Have plays where his athletic ability gets him out of situations and plays that are so dumb we justify them by calling them rookie mistakes.

When he was drafted I thought it would be beneficial to keep him on the bench for a year and have him learn from Garrard.

Well nothing has been further from the truth. He isn't getting killed and the game hasn't proven to be too big for him. Yes he still looks like a rookie out there. Yes he has a LOT of room for improvement. However he is looking like a great first round pick and I am excited for his future. I hope he can continue to improve and be the quarterback I have been waiting for since Marino.

I hope he is at least good enough so I can stop seeing the, "Quarterbacks since Marino" list every freaking Sunday.

GMJohnson and Bpk like this.
  4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, Gabbert he ain't..that is for sure.

I'm glad they are sticking him in the pocket, I like mobility in a Qb but to often it becomes a crutch (as we saw with Henne).

Would love to see him have a 4 Td game.

5. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    [​IMG]

6. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Luck has thrown for 1,208 yards in 4 games... and has 2 wins

I was going to say NFL.com was wrong, but they are right, since Luck only played 4 games, but next week Luck will break that record

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
    Stitches and Bpk like this.
  7. phinnhedd

phinnhedd Reality.

Oct 10, 2008
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Looks like we found ourselves a winner. I credit Philbin & Sherman for his success, ultimately Tannehill has proven to make some smart decisions. This is the best coaching staff since Shula, and best qb since Marino. It's very comforting.

Bpk likes this.
  8. phinnhedd

phinnhedd Reality.

Oct 10, 2008
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Luck was the first overall pick and expected to start off where Manning left. Tannehill was, for some, a reach and never expected to have the success that he's having.

9. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    im not taking anything away from Tannehill, just saying that his record will be short lived.

10. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    just kind of shows you can throw a bunch of stats together and it'll be the first time 'someone' has done it, even if just for a moment.

regardless, i like how tannehill is looking so far!

11. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

And wouldn't it be nice if Luck and Tannehill became rivals like Brady and Manning for the next fifteen years, topping one anothers' records and meeting in the AFC Championship game each year?

OKay, I just got way ahead of myself.

Jt0323 likes this.
  12. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    To be fair Luck is also averaging 11 more passes per game and throwing at a 4% lower clip with much better weapons. The way Tannehill has elevated his WR's has been amazing. Luck went to a much better offense IMO.

Tanny also has three games of 60%+ passing while Luck has one.

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  13. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Sounds good to me. We are definitely setting ourselves up for a good future for many years. Lets just hope we find Tannehills replacement years down the road when the time is right, instead of waiting my entire lifetime to replace Marino. lol. I was born in 1983.
    Its amazing what a good coach/QB combo will do for a team! These are exciting times!

14. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    Tanne has proven to have a lot of potential. Hopefully he keeps progressing as his career continues. And insist we get him some real targets next season.

15. truedus

truedus Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I am excited as well. Just imagine how this year would be if Jake Long was his old self and Tanne had Andre Johnson... or Calvin Johnson.
    Seriously , I am excited even more for next year than this year. We have 5 winnable games coming up... Good stuff.

16. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Tannehill has certainly been better than I expected him to be so far. I'm going to take this one game at a time. I am superstitious in a sense about players. I'm going to take Tannehill one game at a time but he does seem to get it. No picks, no picks, no picks, no picks.

17. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Owe me some new pants.

18. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Ya, I was thinking about that when reading about this record. Luck is averaging over 300 yards a game, which is ridiculous. However, he also is second in the league in past attempts per game only to Drew Brees... which does help explain his yardage total a little bit. Tannehill has a higher yards/attempt.