1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tannehill's Play and How it Affects the Outcome of Games

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by AdamC13, Nov 23, 2015.

1. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    I'm not fond of the same endless debates either from an intellectual point of view, but.. 1) a good number of the exchanges are seriously funny, and 2) some people have slowly changed their minds about Tannehill (some of that is just from watching him play, but some I bet is also due to some stuff posted here, like stats etc..). So I don't mind these threads too much.. I just skim through them for the entertainment value and occasionally comment.

dolphin25 and jdang307 like this.
  2. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    Can we frame this post? This is what some of us have been saying forever. In fact opposing defenses in our division have eaten it alive for the most part. Trying to emulate the Patriot offense is a complete waste of time.

Until we have a QB back there who's willing to be aggressive, as well as "anticipate" in the vertical passing game - the offense will continue to struggle as a whole. Unless of course they're willing to employ a run-heavy attack with Miller and Ajayi ...... which as we've seen they won't be doing anytime soon, at least not this season.

dolphin25 likes this.
  3. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

The anticipation's coming around...he's leading deep throws MUCH better this year. It's the aggressiveness that's sorely lacking.

With the handcuffs they have on him for audibles (real audibles, not pick this play out of 6 possibilities), waiting for the defense to settle before calling a play (WTF?!?!?!), and his calm demeanor (which can be a positive, but there's times it really sucks), I don't trust him to manage a clock-short drive AT ALL. Hurry up offense with time? Sure. Seems pretty decent. Hurry up and manage a short clock? Pfft.....

Play with some fire...attack and take what you want...don't let the defense dictate. That type of play and demeanor can lead to better evasiveness in the pocket too, IMO.

In a nutshell, that's where I see him coming up short. Everything else, for the most part, is all good. If he can't get it...then he just can't get it. Since he's back next year, it would be the final nail in the RT coffin if we stayed with Lazor and the same QB coach.

Sucks.

resnor and Rock Sexton like this.