1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tannehill.."we can make a run"

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Aug 6, 2014.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...tannehill-playoffs-super-bowl-miami/13676789/

They keep comin.

2. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    The city is excited? The fans see potential?

Pretty sure last they saw you you got your a$$es kicked by your biggest rival on your home field with the playoffs on the line.

Unless firing Ireland and drafting a right tackle did enough to get people engaged with this team again...smh. Or maybe it's the roof they're slapping on this old crappy stadium in the middle of nowhere.

Bpk likes this.
  3. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Oh hey, love the vibe you're throwing off there. :tantrum:

I like what I hear from Tannehill.

4. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    That's one way of looking at it.

On the other hand, this team, despite all of the on-field and off-field issues, managed to be one win away from getting in the playoffs. So, there's that.

Larry Little and Clark Kent like this.
  5. Brasfin

Brasfin Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    Stitches likes this.
  6. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Serious question.... has there ever been a team with 5 new Olinemen and a new OC that made the Superbowl that year?

Or, what's the furthest a team in that situation has ever gone?

7. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    You could almost say it is in Limbo

Larry Little and Limbo like this.
  8. Brasfin

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    I don't think 5 new starters on the OL and a new OC in the same season has ever even happened before, lol

9. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Would you prefer the guys come out and say "Well, we're gonna play this year, but don't expect much. We've got a young QB, we have a completely new oline, or best corners are older and hurt, and our coach is vanilla."

I mean, come on, support the team, and buy into they preseason hype. I feel like the Dolphins should be the New England team, what with all the pessimism and negativity. You all would be great Yankees. LOL

Colorado Dolfan likes this.
  10. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Didn't Baltimore completely revamp their OL and fire their OC mid-season in 2012 before winning the SB?

11. Bpk

Well, they fired CamCam mid-season I think, didn't they? Not the same as a new OC bringing in a new system though. Just letting a more trusted coach do the playcalling in the existing system, I think.

And I'm pretty sure they had at least one or maybe two of their Olinemen back.

12. Bpk

Do you mean at all, without the Superbowl part? I'm sure some teams have had a new OC (and probably fully new coaching staff, HC etc) along with a new Oline at some point.

But not so sure if one of those teams has ever gone deep into the playoffs.

13. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
  14. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Yes, the 2014 Miami Dolphins.

Larry Little and Brasfin like this.
  15. Brasfin

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    I don't know, maybe it has happened before, but I'd think it'd be really hard for a team to have 5 completely new starters on the line as well as a new OC all at the same time, unless you're counting expansion teams. Even in our case it isn't really true, since Pouncey is the "official" starting center...

16. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I think they had the same C all season, but right before the playoffs switched three OL positions and then the 4th position got hurt for at least some of the playoffs. And they fired Cam and promoted Caldwell.

Several teams have had quite a bit of success in the first year of a system install. I'm sure that many of those also had substantial OL turnover since that usually accompanies a new system. I don't know if any of those were SB winners or not, but I'm sure there were several playoff teams and SB runs. I'm not saying that means Miami is guaranteed to make a SB run, but I also don't think that the new system or OL turnover means they aren't. IMO the big determinants (outside of the usual health and luck) will be how well the new system fits the players, how RT does in his third year and how well the D plays.

17. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Must be...sure couldn't be the new OC, OL Coach, LB Coach, new offensive system, new players on D...none of that shows any up-tick.

18. Bpk

My point exactly about a new OC and a team's chances of going to a Superbowl

19. Bpk

If those two are literally exciting anyone we have surprising fans.

20. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Almost encouraging. Only we're not playing baseball.

Ba-dum-tssss

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  21. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Ever been to Green Bay, Wisconsin? They play in the middle of nowhere in an old crappy stadium... They don't even have seats. Fans always show up. In freezing cold weather. Even when Rodgers is hurt and the team is bleeding losses.

ChrisKo and MikeHoncho like this.
  22. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    [​IMG]

MikeHoncho and Larry Little like this.